Third in a Generation Team

Eddyr2

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

You act like these schools have dominated our state like DLS and couple of other cali privates.  Where has Duncanville been the last 10 years?

Only one school has dominated and it’s domination has been limited to one region of the state.Just like every other state the vast majority of California is cyclical in its teams that rise to the top.Where was SJB 10 years ago ? MD was an also ran just a few short years ago.

i just don’t get the vitriol for private schools.They haven’t broken any rules.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Whether or not you or anyone else likes it, even once pure HS football, now has a business aspect to it.  MD, SJB (and there will be others) are simply doing what successful businesses do, and that is to leverage the advantages they have available to them, to achieve desired results.  Sucks for fans that would like to see more competitive public schools in CA but ther’s no turning back now.

Are you saying all these players are employees of MD, SJB and other similar models and their goal is knocking out all the remaining Ace Hardware's?

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Whether or not you or anyone else likes it, even once pure HS football, now has a business aspect to it.  MD, SJB (and there will be others) are simply doing what successful businesses do, and that is to leverage the advantages they have available to them, to achieve desired results.  Sucks for fans that would like to see more competitive public schools in CA but ther’s no turning back now.

The thing is some publics are competitive and got better. CDM is a great example of a school that's benefited from this. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Yes. ARARAR should have included all the above schools in his example.  Most of us got the gist.  But spelling it out for you.

The enrollment in all those schools makes for big advantages in talent on campus.

That’s why they are in class 6A division 1. Representing the biggest schools in the state.  

3 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

The thing is some publics are competitive and got better. CDM is a great example of a school that's benefited from this. 

Keep in mind my point of reference is being good enough to compete for the Open SBG.  Folsom’s got the junior bowl covered.

416897027_Screenshot2019-08-02at7_31.12PM-Edited.thumb.png.7e3d6a198c1e61b01adebc776ea61a33.png

8 hours ago, Texasball said:

There is slight difference...They play in league with roughly 250 schools that have the same basic opportunity.  You act like these schools have dominated our state like DLS and couple of other cali privates.  Where has Duncanville been the last 10 years?

That's not true at all. How many Texas schools have the enrollment of Allen and are one H.S. towns(The answer is none)?

It doesn't take a great coach to win at Allen nor NorthShore IMO. Duncanville is a little different, I think it just takes the right coach to acquire the talent from that area(Samples does an excellent job of attracting talent wherever he goes)

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

416897027_Screenshot2019-08-02at7_31.12PM-Edited.thumb.png.7e3d6a198c1e61b01adebc776ea61a33.png

That's not true at all. How many Texas schools have the enrollment of Allen and are one H.S. towns(The answer is none)?

It doesn't take a great coach to win at Allen nor NorthShore IMO. Duncanville is a little different, I think it just takes the right coach to acquire the talent from that area(Samples does an excellent job of attracting talent wherever he goes)

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/08/15/four-star-football-recruits-marquez-beason-zeriah-beason-transfer-bishop-dunne-duncanville

Kendrick Blackshire-Played at Mesquite Horn before transferring to Duncanville 

4 hours ago, 181pl said:

but don't get me wrong, those schools are great football teams. But they're not a true representation of a high school football team because all they are is recruit up athlete factories.

California > Texas

Texas with there overpopulated schools play ok football, but are very overrated.

9 hours ago, steeler01 said:

The bottom line is this

Every successful program attracts players to play for them. The means by how that happens are different in every successful program though.

Successful programs are measured by "time and history".

Today....successful programs are measured by how well they stack their rosters in the off season. 

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Please take this post directly to the Excuse Thread.  Do not pass go.  Do not collect $200.

Let's see how MD fares against IMG at their field or at Saint Francis. I watched the IMG game last year. And MD is a really good team, but the refs handed you that game but booting out img's best defensive players on BS calls.. And your team did not have to travel 3000 miles.

I'm sure it takes a lot of bravado to play a bunch of overmatched teams most of the year.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Guru said:

In the last, the programs with the inherently stacked rosters were the successful ones.

What's your definition of successful?

75% of my Preseason Top 25 were nowhere to be found in the past.....some just 5 years ago.

That said it is what it is. Five years from now if I try another Preseason Poll there will 6-10 new start ups who have attracted much talent because they are "successful"......or WANT to be 

I'm not an Allen, TX fan either. That mega school model is outrageous.

In the last? What the hell kind of bullshit grammar is that?

Sounds like something that comes from some random nobody who failed Grammar classes and only passed school by sucking the dick of the administrators

"In the last, the programs with the inherently stacked rosters were the successful ones."

10 hours ago, steeler01 said:

The bottom line is this

Every successful program attracts players to play for them. The means by how that happens are different in every successful program though.

Very true

The programs who have had success won't need to recruit anyone because players will want to play for them

It's normally schools who have long runs of losing in a large talent loaded area that has to try recruiting to keep up (many times they still fail)

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It was suppose to be a "p", kid

Do you really want me to start grading your gibberish?

Btw what happened to placing me on ignore like a insecure bitch because you couldn't handle me telling you that LSU isn't elite

Maybe if they tried actually recruiting instead of just chasing 24/7 stars maybe they would actually have a chance in hell of competing with bama