Change in culture turned St. John Bosco into a national powerhouse

BobbySanchez

1 hour ago, DLS350 said:

Change in culture all right, Socal has turned int an arms race. Oh wait, I’m sounding bitter again as someone has pointed out to me. 

It's not just SoCal. It's a nationwide (worldwide?) phenomenon. It won't stop until the public-the market-stops supporting (watching, buying, talking etc) it. I think we're on the way to that point. But, not on course to get there in the next decade or so.

• Like 1

I just don’t understand why people worry about what someone else is doing 🤷🏽‍♂️

If you like the way your school is doing things then why the whining about what someone else is doing especially when no rules are being broken.

it just comes off as being a hater and bitter 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I just don’t understand why people worry about what someone else is doing 🤷🏽‍♂️

If you like the way your school is doing things then why the whining about what someone else is doing especially when no rules are being broken.

it just comes off as being a hater and bitter 

I think it comes from comparing teams that are operating under completely different rule sets in these polls. 

As long as they are all being compared in the same polls as if they're all operating under the same pretenses and sets of rules, we will have these complaints. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Boy that’s a salty bunch up north

No just the concord bullies of the  north section.  They're not used to losing these many state games in a row. They get the cream of the crop up north but are salty cuz SJB and MD have better pickings down south.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, old_e said:

No just the concord bullies of the  north section.  They're not used to losing these many state games in a row. They get the cream of the crop up north but are salty cuz SJB and MD have better pickings down south.

Their overall SBG record is about to turn .500 and that train is heading for a cliff

I tried to tell them that Changes needed to be made.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it comes from comparing teams that are operating under completely different rule sets in these polls. 

As long as they are all being compared in the same polls as if they're all operating under the same pretenses and sets of rules, we will have these complaints. 

But polls are just opinions and math

they don’t mean anything really so why the consternation about them?

if you like how you school operates why would you even care what some guys poll says? 

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In the 90's we used to say..."there is speed,...and then there is Poly speed".

Now SJB gets the kids from the Poly neighborhoods.

The skill position guys they figure to feature this year aren't particularly quick or fast. It looks to be a very big team with a gunslinger at QB. But, not a particularly fast group by the standards of a supposedly elite team nationally.

9 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Their rb's certainly are not slow 

I'm not sure about all of them, but the 3* senior RB Jones listed on 247 has a 40 time of 4.76. Now, relative to most HS RBs, there's nothing slow about that, indeed. And, the defenses he figures to face most weeks (they don't play Mater Dei most weeks) in California don't figure to be extremely fast. So, we have every reason to believe he will post huge numbers, especially given the up-tempo offense with the gunslinger at QB. But, at 4.76, he likely would be slower than any of the players in the back seven on any/all of the elite defenses in Florida. 

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I'm not sure about all of them, but the 3* senior RB Jones listed on 247 has a 40 time of 4.76. Now, relative to most HS RBs, there's nothing slow about that, indeed. And, the defenses he figures to face most weeks (they don't play Mater Dei most weeks) in California don't figure to be extremely fast. So, we have every reason to believe he will post huge numbers, especially given the up-tempo offense with the gunslinger at QB. But, at 4.76, he likely would be slower than any of the players in the back seven on any/all of the elite defenses in Florida. 

I'm just going off of the past. I don't know what Bosco brings with rb this yr.  I agree with your statement that they do appear to play slow. Their offense is just set up that way. They use their power and size on the line to try and steamroll teams, but as you say, with their qb, they look to be more explosive

18 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In the 90's we used to say..."there is speed,...and then there is Poly speed".

Now SJB gets the kids from the Poly neighborhoods.

LOL

They also said those kids have no heart too. That if you punch a Poly kid in the mouth, he won't want any fight. That was also true as I went 2-0 vs them as a kid on a team with absolutely no team speed. We had like 2 guys run 4.6s. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

LOL

They also said those kids have no heart too. That if you punch an Poly kid in the mouth, he won't want any fight. That was also true as I went 2-0 vs them as a kid on a team with absolutely no team speed. We had like 2 guys run 4.6s. lol

Thats been the urban legend since at least the '70s.

The culture change was a coaching change too

Jason Negro led that change.

He was highly-successful at Trabuco Hills winning lower division CIF titles with the leftovers that couldn't start at Mission & El Toro. He took his main guys on staff like Chad Johnson to SBJ. 

They brought a winning culture...and as equally important, the desire for boosters to open their wallets and modernize their facilities. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3