Grayson Rams 2019

CCBlackhatter

I just watched their spring scrimmage and all I can say is WOW!

I hope they found a couple dozen transfers since May because they are going to need them.

The first team offense (or what appeared to be the 1st team) moved the ball pretty well, but they appear to be really be lacking defensively. And the backups? Hopefully those guys are JV...

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Is it because their helmets are so big & puffy that they look that small or are they just that small?

Looking at the roster on maxpreps they will only have a handful of guys over 250 lbs. Granted every player's measurable was not listed, but the video seems to back that up.

I will add that most teams appear small compared to the monsters they graduated last year. We aren't used to seeing a neighborhood Grayson team lately, so that adds to the shock value as well.

I had to miss the spring game due to work so I can't say.  I've been stupid busy with work and haven't had a chance to go watch a practice so I can't say about the size.  I know there is a lot of talent there regardless of size.  I know we did graduate a lot of big ole boys that will be tough to replace.  The JV team has a 19-2 record over the past three years against some pretty stout teams.  We will all get to see how that translates to the V this year.  I also know we have had some success with smaller teams in the not so distant past.

That video was from last spring @imaGoodBoyNow, not August.  The field looks much better now.  It gets football in the fall and soccer and lacrosse in the spring and takes a beating.  That's why Gwinnett is converting all 18 (or is is 19) high school fields to turf over the next several years.

@CCBlackhatterdang son, we don't have cows.  We have goats!  At least get it right!  😎

@Rufus69, I just consider the source.  (huge smile!)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 12:00 AM, ECHS05 said:

Thats their middle school team I think. Atleast by looking at em I think it is.

Either that or Grayson lost a ton of size from last year.

Middle school doesn’t play at the high school. 

Grayson could use turf. Their playing surface leaves a bit to be desired 

19 minutes ago, Fred said:

Just curious, how many games have you been to at Grayson?  No evil intent here, again just curious is all.

A lot over the years. Less now that I’m older (26) but I graduated from HS at Collins Hill in 2011, the year Grayson won state (ended our season there) Started going to a lot more games after the 15-0. Went to the first the next season simply for the national ranking (Miami Central) Went to the playoff game they hosted against North gwinnett which stunned everyone . 

Have been to see KWJ a bit over the years as you know I’m friends with them. I’m also friends with the Haynes family so I went and saw them before they even cracked varsity. Been in and out of that stadium for more than just football games too. Went there twice last year for the soccer playoffs spring of 2018 (beat Parkview & lost to ridge) 

• Like 1

Remember the year Grayson ended Lowndes’ undefeated season and they started throwing punches and taunting the entire Grayson team/crowd after the fumble? I was there for that as well. That’s actually my first memory of a Grayson football game. And my family has disliked Lowndes ever since. First impressions :) 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Remember the year Grayson ended Lowndes’ undefeated season and they started throwing punches and taunting the entire Grayson team/crowd after the fumble? I was there for that as well. That’s actually my first memory of a Grayson football game. And my family has disliked Lowndes ever since. First impressions :) 

You're not the only one who dislikes Lowndes.... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

A lot over the years. Less now that I’m older (26) but I graduated from HS at Collins Hill in 2011, the year Grayson won state (ended our season there) Started going to a lot more games after the 15-0. Went to the first the next season simply for the national ranking (Miami Central) Went to the playoff game they hosted against North gwinnett which stunned everyone . 

Have been to see KWJ a bit over the years as you know I’m friends with them. I’m also friends with the Haynes family so I went and saw them before they even cracked varsity. Been in and out of that stadium for more than just football games too. Went there twice last year for the soccer playoffs spring of 2018 (beat Parkview & lost to ridge) 

Is he really that good? Seen him play and he really didn't do shit.... 

• Thumbs Down 1