Corky Kell 2019

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

You're going the wrong way.  South Georgia teams have no business playing in the Corky.  it was setup as Metro ATL...but somewhere along the way...Diamond Dave talked a few South Georgia teams to participate.  Most of them said WTF after a couple years...BUT NOT US.

We need to drop the Corky and go to the Babe White Kickoff Classic.  And I'm working on it....(Smile).

Rufus>>

What’s this Babe White Classic you keep mentioning? Is it a real thing or something you Came up with that you want to see happen in the future? 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What’s this Babe White Classic you keep mentioning? Is it a real thing or something you Came up with that you want to see happen in the future? 

I'd like to see a battle of the southeast event.  

Have 2 locations. Friday&Saturday games. 3 on Friday and 4 on Saturday. This is just a hypothetical slate. 

Atlanta,GA (Saturday)

Lee County vs Hoover 

Colquitt vs Brandon(MS)

Miami Central vs Gaffney SC

Marietta vs John Curtis

Orlando,FL(Friday)

Trinity Christian vs Brentwood Academy 

Louisville Trinity/Mallard Creek vs STA 

Miami Northwestern vs Dematha 

43 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

I.J. Rosenberg, who is part of the Corky, has just finished a project to begin the Atlanta Bash. 

Nothing to do with Corky but a new event in the city.

http://www.scoreatl.com/stories/great-atlanta-bash-will-take-over-georgia-state-stadium-and-local-tv-on-sept-21-press-conference-for-the-high-school-football-shootout-tuesday/

The best team in that event is Mays... 

And idk how to feel about that... 

Not saying it's bad... 

Nice little local event. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

Yeah. I am hoping they open it up in a year or two and start to invite others. We will see Mays this weekend vs Kell, then we will all know. I think we see a high scoring game as both like to throw the ball. Should be a good game.

If you're gonna have a Battle of Atlanta then you need to expand the set up and premise isn't bad it's actually  nice but all your teams are from 2 counties. Douglas and DeKalb... Well I guess Mays is Fulton... I'm not 100% sure on Kirkwood or whatever. 

But I'd have it this way. 

What is it 3 games? Expand to atleast 5.  2 on Friday 3 on Saturday. 

And have teams from the North,South,East and West of Metro Atlanta. 

This is just what I'm thinking. 

The schedule would look something like this: 

Friday

Mays (East)vs North Paulding (West)

Stockbridge (South) vs Blessed Trinity(North)

Saturday

Walton (west) vs Norcross (east)

Buford (East) vs Carrollton (West) 

Griffin (South) vs Alpharetta (North)

Game day. Let's see what they working with. Gonna be at the Benz on Saturday to support those tiny undersized hawgs. But in the meantime gonna get my fill on Thursday and Friday getting in as many games as possible. That radiation to the face twice a day ain't no joke so cant go back to work for 3 months. Football season came right on time. Keep me busy and entertained for a while.  Thanks for the thoughts and prayers also.

• Like 1

From a fan standpoint, travelling to the Corky Kell Classic every year sucks big time. 

From a "Let's get our boys as much exposure as we can." standpoint, it's a great opportunity. It's televised and streamed. It's easier for numerous scouts to be all in one spot and see a lot of potential recruits so there are probably scouts there that wouldn't otherwise be seeing Colquitt County or other south Georgia kids. 

While I hate the travel and hate the Benz as a venue... I think it's a small trade off for the potential positives for the boys. Just my personal opinion.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

From a fan standpoint, travelling to the Corky Kell Classic every year sucks big time. 

From a "Let's get our boys as much exposure as we can." standpoint, it's a great opportunity. It's televised and streamed. It's easier for numerous scouts to be all in one spot and see a lot of potential recruits so there are probably scouts there that wouldn't otherwise be seeing Colquitt County or other south Georgia kids. 

While I hate the travel and hate the Benz as a venue... I think it's a small trade off for the potential positives for the boys. Just my personal opinion.

I think the argument held water when the games were in the Dome.  Lots of good streaming and TV coverage.  These days...NOT SO MUCH.    It used to be a selling point that the kids got to play where the NFL guys played.   These days...we're getting priced out of it.   It simply doesn't have the same allure.  

Rufus>>

49 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I think the argument held water when the games were in the Dome.  Lots of good streaming and TV coverage.  These days...NOT SO MUCH.    It used to be a selling point that the kids got to play where the NFL guys played.   These days...we're getting priced out of it.   It simply doesn't have the same allure.  

Rufus>>

I agree 100%. I stopped going to the event in 2016. The matchups are getting repetitive and the fact that the games are spread out across 3 different cities takes the allure away. GPB (Fox Sports?) dropping the event takes away as well.

It's time we set up an event at Mack Tharpe and move on while putting some jingle in our pockets. No sense in "donating" $35,000 to the Kell and spending several more thousands to take the kids up to Atlanta.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

@HawgGoneIt I was going to make a live thread like I do because I’m a BOSS at keeping it updated with scores and time in the title thread. Can you help our boy Packer out when you can, you know he’s gonna stay slacking?

@PrepGridiron took my superpowers away so I can’t.  

I got you now that I'm home from work and done with lawn and have the grill going for steaks and have my shower and talked to the neighbor and, and, and...

xD

• Thanks 1