GHSA is fed up!

FootballGuy

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Here's my take on this subject: These high schools don't own these kids, so why get upset when a highly touted recruit wants to go somewhere else where they have a better chance to win? Now from a competitor point of view, it's a bad look to go join the best instead of trying to trying to beat the best, and that's understood. 

So I don't understand why some of the coaches in Georgia were complaining about Grayson. It's not like they offered these kids scholarships like IMG does.

All in all, just let these young bulls be. 

Says the clown from NORTH GEORGIA, where NOBODY can compete with Colquitt, unless they stack their teams!

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Nah.... the whole state of Georgia knows about Rab and his antics. I've seen how he acts.... so I'm just gonna leave him be. 

Your gonna let him off that easy? That fool straight up called you a clown. You went nuts on others for WAY less.  Come on now.  Don't let him do you like that!!

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Your gonna let him off that easy? That fool straight up called you a clown. You went nuts on others for WAY less.  Come on now.  Don't let him do you like that!!

Yeah I'm gonna let him off easy. I know Rab, No hard feelings. And the reason I spazzed on others is because I don't know them llke that, so of course I'm gonna get defensive. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I agree. But I'm asking how would the association rule?

Considering that the association only governs athletics, they couldn't rule on the academic transfer. If we superimposed academics for athletics as the "A" in GHSA, and these same rules were in place as for athletics, it would seem they would rule the same as they do now.

If the kid is transferring to follow a teacher that was just so amazing that the kid can't envision school without that teacher, but the kid is also an athlete, there is no real separation for circumventing the athletic transfer rules if the kid intends to play sports at the new school. All of the same rules are in effect regardless of the reason for transfer. 

We have to keep in mind when discussing these things about Georgia schools that these are primarily public schools that are funded by the people living in the school districts of the schools. Regardless of the reason a kid wants to attend a public school, if there is athletics involved, the GHSA has domain over it and all of the transfer rules apply. 

Boundary hopping for academics is also a no-no due to the taxation issue, although it isn't as closely followed by as many people as sports, that are willing to drop a dime on a student illegally attending a school in a district they don't live in. There are avenues to apply for transferring from a "failing" school to a better school without moving the family, and there are charter and magnet schools in some districts to give extra choice for academics, but in the end for most, it's not a reality that you can just boundary hop because the favorite teacher changed schools. If the family moves to the new district and pays taxes there, then there isn't much anyone will say about that academic transfer. 

That does get more complicated when sports are involved though because now you have the school administration and a second entity, the GHSA, involved and there are further rules applied to the student playing sports. 

• Like 3

Everything you are saying is spot on Hawg.

Just to add to it. When athletics are involved, there is this little thing called competitive balance. It is in all levels of sports regardless of age or league. In the pros we have trade deadlines, salary caps, etc. In college we have recruiting restrictions, transfer policies, etc. In high school there should also be enforceable restrictions on transfers. All sports need competitive balance to sustain the integrity of the game, regardless of the sport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Another Tip: Dont feed Alka Seltzers to seagulls... its illegal here... you will get fined... they dont explode unfortunately... they throw up till they die... 

I will neither confirm nor deny that I have done this... 

Jesus MHS,

I'll throw in the first $20.00, we gotta get u laid kid. 

• Like 4

Ok Im not really going to do that.... 

Again... 

I just said the last part for comedic purposes....

Or did I... 

They really do piss me off... But I have no interest in going out of my way to make Seagulls suffer.... 

I do hate them with a passion though.... 

But again Im not A seagull killing psycho... 

Theyre still annoying as hell though... 

Not gonna lie... 

I had heard rumors thats if you fed seagulls alka seltzers theyd blow up like balloons. 

I know its sick but the thought was actually funny. And down in Savannah they used to do it as a tradition for HS and College Graduates but it was quickly outlawed.... and if you get caught doing it you have to pay a very hefty fine.... I think its like 300$ per bird.... 

Let me tell you this. As I stated I will neither confirm nor deny that I did this. 

But I will tell you this. They dont explode like balloons.... they vomit like they just left a frat party. Then they start to slump.... like they just left a frat part.... and they fall over..... 

Like they just left a frat party.... minus the toilet..... 

And their Hangover is Permanent.... 

If the family unit moves into a district, the kid should never be penalized. If the family is not really moving and they rent some tiny apt. (that they likely don't even live in), then the kid should be denied entry to the school or have to sit out the year if caught. 

27 minutes ago, noonereal said:

so GA needs to change league play so the better teams in state play each other in season, I agree!

Theres a reason that wont happen. 

Primarily because of 7A.... 

South GA has 4 7A schools. Camden,Tift,Colquitt and Lowndes. 

The rest are in Atlanta. In order for what you said to work these schools would need to be geographically moved around. Lets say we did what you said 

And we put Camden,Mceachern,Roswell,Lowndes and Colquitt in a region. Not just for Football but every sport. Now idk about you but I dont wanna be traveling from Camden to Roswell on a Tuesday for Baseball. 

And that poses alot of problems. 

3 minutes ago, 181pl said:

If the family unit moves into a district, the kid should never be penalized. If the family is not really moving and they rent some tiny apt. (that they likely don't even live in), then the kid should be denied entry to the school or have to sit out the year if caught. 

lol

sooooo, how big does the apartment need to be?

see how silly that approach is?