Servite gets blown out against Bishop Gorman

frankyjames

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ikr!

It's the thing.to do on here. Cheer on the kids transferring as soon as there is some.adversity where they are or a better athletic opportunity somewhere else.  

Then let's put the beneficiaries of the transfer on a pedestal. 

*mouth agape* "just can't understand why they aren't getting behind that team statewide. Just can't understand it!"

xD

Tis what it is. 

Full disclosure. Iff’n the Princess or Baby Boy has a better opportunity for success at another school at ANYTHING, I’d certainly consider looking into it. Having help facilitate transfers for over three dozens kids into Marietta City’s schools, I’m proud to tell you none were for sports!

More disclosure. One girl Aasta A, will play lacrosse with the Princess this year. That isn’t why she is in Marietta City Schools, rather the International Baccalaureate program.

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Tis what it is. 

Full disclosure. Iff’n the Princess or Baby Boy has a better opportunity for success at another school at ANYTHING, I’d certainly consider looking into it. Having help facilitate transfers for over three dozens kids into Marietta City’s schools, I’m proud to tell you none were for sports!

More disclosure. One girl Aasta A, will play lacrosse with the Princess this year. That isn’t why she is in Marietta City Schools, rather the International Baccalaureate program.

I don't fault folks for playing the system to their advantage. 

I'm just never going to be a vocal supporter of it. Ever. 

Folks play the system(s) in this country all the time. The athletic transfer is just one way. 

When a "star" kid has been at a school and played for a team for a couple of years, and then, leaves that school when the flavor of the day arises where the other area "stars" are magically landing at... It shows a character weakness in my opinion. It shows a flaw in that person as a teammate to his original team. The kid's offer situation or "athletic offer" future isn't going to change that much by doing it really. 

What does change is the shot at getting a ring by selling your last teammates down the toilet. 

They take advantage of the fact that families actually do move and relocate for legitimate reasons sometimes. They use that loophole to shit on their last team and everyone that doesn't move for athletic reasons. 

Character flaw. Period. Sometimes it's the dad. Sometimes another family member. Sometimes it's probably the kid outright. When that kid wakes up one morning and says "Dad, I want a ring. Take me to Marietta. Take me to Grayson. Take me to wherever." Dad is supposed to say nah son. Stay here with your team. Fight. They're your family. 

Instead, dad says, "Sure son. I'll rent a camper over there and pop a mailbox up." 

Lol. 

I'm never applauding that. Not gonna happen. 

I'll pull for the Georgia team in oos games, but, I hope every silly transfer squad, from now until forever, loses in the 2nd round. Hahaha.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Folks play the system(s) in this country all the time. The athletic transfer is just one way. 

When a "star" kid has been at a school and played for a team for a couple of years, and then, leaves that school when the flavor of the day arises where the other area "stars" are magically landing at... It shows a character weakness in my opinion. It shows a flaw in that person as a teammate to his original team. The kid's offer situation or "athletic offer" future isn't going to change that much by doing it really. 

What does change is the shot at getting a ring by selling your last teammates down the toilet. 

They take advantage of the fact that families actually do move and relocate for legitimate reasons sometimes. They use that loophole to shit on their last team and everyone that doesn't move for athletic reasons. 

Character flaw. Period. Sometimes it's the dad. Sometimes another family member. Sometimes it's probably the kid outright. When that kid wakes up one morning and says "Dad, I want a ring. Take me to Marietta. Take me to Grayson. Take me to wherever." Dad is supposed to say nah son. Stay here with your team. Fight. They're your family. 

Instead, dad says, "Sure son. I'll rent a camper over there and pop a mailbox up." 

Lol. 

I'll pull for the Georgia team in oos games, but, I hope every silly transfer squad, from now until forever, loses in the 2nd round. Hahaha.  

Wasn’t #88 a transfer??

17 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wasn’t #88 a transfer??

What? Idk. Did Marietta get a number 88 transfer in this year too? 

What number is that Ricky White kid? I don't think it's 88. 

Idk the two Marietta illegals from last season's numbers... Was one of them an 88? Hell idk. I'm guessing if they hadn't lost a year eligibility, they'd have dipped out again. 

Ohhh... you're talking about Fitzgerald. Colquitt's one transfer in the last three years. The one whose brother is playing through the system now and his family still comes to the games. The one whose mom and I just talked about how he's adjusting down at FSU on Friday night? That 88? 

The one before him Krajewski... Same. They're rooted here. Dad has season reserve seats up high near the fifty yard line at the Pen. Involved in the community. Talk to him about Steven pretty regularly.

Lol. 

Exactly part of my point. Some folks move, buy homes, stay, grow roots all that. 

Some transfer in for a year of football. You already knew that though. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk the two Marietta illegals from last season's numbers... Was one of them an 88? Hell idk. I'm guessing if they hadn't lost a year eligibility, they'd have dipped out again. 

Ohhh... you're talking about Fitzgerald. Colquitt's one transfer in the last three years. The one whose brother is playing through the system now and his family still comes to the games. The one whose mom and I just talked about how he's adjusting down at FSU on Friday night? That 88? 

The one before him Krajewski... Same. They're rooted here. Dad has season reserve seats up high near the fifty yard line at the Pen. Involved in the community. Talk to him about Steven pretty regularly.

Lol. 

Exactly part of my point. Some folks move, buy homes, stay, grow roots all that. 

If you don’t get him as a transfer Rush Propst doesn’t make it to the last 3 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

GOSpell

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol. 

Some transfer in for 4 months than poof!!! They are ghost like Patrick Swayze!!! 😂

Im looking at Fred’s team 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If you don’t get him as a transfer Rush Propst doesn’t make it to the last 3 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

GOSpell

Eh, no way to know. We tend to have nice kickers here always. 

Remember Baby Lou Martinez? 

Look at the kid, Gallardo, that stepped up this year out of the blue clear sky when the other two got into trouble and couldn't play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol. 

Now Hawg, I respect you to the fullest, but I'm gonna play devil's advocate right here: if a high profile student athlete is in a predicament where they can't win, why would you want them to stay in that situation? I was told that as a man, you should never be in a situation where you can't succeed. Do you fault these kids for wanting to transfer to marietta and grayson back in 2016? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Now Hawg, I respect you to the fullest, but I'm gonna play devil's advocate right here: if a high profile student athlete is in a predicament where they can't win, why would you want them to stay in that situation? I was told that as a man, you should never be in a situation where you can't succeed. Do you fault these kids for wanting to transfer to marietta and grayson back in 2016? 

Depends on your definition of success. 

I'm starting to wonder about yours now. 

As a man, you do manly things. As a teammate you do team things. 

In the grand scheme if life, the ring that those Grayson kids all stacked up and got means jack shit because of how they got it. They left their real teammates in places like Newton. Turned their backs on them for a damn ring. Literally. Then came back and graduated there. 

If you think it makes a person successful by leaving because the going was tough... well... idk bro. 

What if men in the trenches in war just suddenly decide... fuck this... we aren't going to be successful and then leave their buds in there. Matter of fact... they run right over to the other side's trench and start shooting at you. 

Hahaha. Same shit. 

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Depends on your definition of success. 

I'm starting to wonder about yours now. 

As a man, you do manly things. As a teammate you do team things. 

In the grand scheme if life, the ring that those Grayson kids all stacked up and got means jack shit because of how they got it. They left their real teammates in places like Newton. Turned their backs on them for a damn ring. Literally. Then came back and graduated there. 

If you think it makes a person successful by leaving because the going was tough... well... idk bro. 

What if men in the trenches in war just suddenly decide... fuck this... we aren't going to be successful and then leave their buds in there. Matter of fact... they run right over to the other side's trench and start shooting at you. 

Hahaha. Same shit. 

Ouch! You gonna do me like that? smh...

Honestly, I was only referring to the football thing. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Ouch! You gonna do me like that? smh...

Honestly, I was only referring to the football thing. 

What is football about to you? 

Is about winning? 

Or...

Is it about much more? Like becoming a man. Taking responsibility for things larger than yourself? Things like a team. Like a community that has supported you. Like personal responsibility. 

These kids these days are willy nillie bro. They just take flight at the first opportunity. They aren't learning the best lessons football has to offer. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What is football about to you? 

Is about winning? 

Or...

Is it about much more? Like becoming a man. Taking responsibility for things larger than yourself? Things like a team. Like a community that has supported you. Like personal responsibility. 

These kids these days are willy nillie bro. They just take flight at the first opportunity. They aren't learning the best lessons football has to offer. 

I'd like to say that it's both of the reasons that you gave....but not winning at all costs to the point where it's unfair. If a kid is in a situation that's out of their control, then I do think that they should look elsewhere for success. I do agree that it's wack that these kids run at the first sign of adversity tho. They gotta learn how to get back up when they've been knocked down instead of running from the situation altogether. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I'd like to say that it's both of the reasons that you gave....but not winning at all costs to the point where it's unfair. If a kid is in a situation that's out of their control, then I do think that they should look elsewhere for success. I do agree that it's wack that these kids run at the first sign of adversity tho. They gotta learn how to get back up when they've been knocked down instead of running from the situation altogether. 

This world needs picker uppers. Not pointer outers and cut 'n' runners. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

HawgGoneIt might just be the biggest clown on this forum.

At the very least, he's making it an argument.

I've learned to stay out of threads that absolutely do not interest me, BUT there are A LOT of clowns here! 😀

Will Lutz kicking a 58 yd walk-off game winner interests me. lol

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

If your a father and you know your son is really good at ball and smart and know that 0 recruiters go to the towns HS football game, and the best kid on team is going to some D3 school, why would you not wanna send your son To a private that 90% will get a D1 offer

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If your a father and you know your son is really good at ball and smart and know that 0 recruiters go to the towns HS football game, and the best kid on team is going to some D3 school, why would you not wanna send your son To a private that 90% will get a D1 offer

Loyalty to losers and clowns is more important to people like HawgGoneIt.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Problem is unless it's somewhere like IMG,STA,MD or SJB which have mounted a reputation for having stellar athletes I don't think there's a 90% chance anywhere that you're gonna get a D1 offer. 

And even outside of that there's plenty of other ways to get the kid exposure other than sending him to a powerhouse private because that's not a fault proof method either.  

You have camps,the internet,etc. There's plenty of ways to get someone out there. And if recruiters and coaches like what they see then they'll go recruit the kid. 

Loyalty and honesty are a couple of traits that this world is sorely lacking. 

Apparently climbing dummy hill day after day isn't lacking. At least not on Prepgridiron.com on a Tuesday in the fall. Just ask The Guru. He's busy climbing it again first thing in the morning. 

Hahaha. 

See, The Guru is a pointer outer. We all know the type. They come along, get all into your business. They can't help but point out little things. Then, if you say uh huh, well, what do you think is better, then they go... "Oh no. I just wanted to make sure you knew." Then they walk off. 

The fact that this sad sack has the gall to call anyone else a clown is beyond laughable. It's actually becoming really sad for me to watch how The Guru exists. 

Be a picker upper The Guru. Don't just point it out. Make it better. Pick up the one you think is a clown. 

I've been trying with you in the face of great adversity at times for quite some time now. It'd probably be better if you figured out to just walk around the hill than to keep trying to climb it daily. 

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You have camps,the internet,etc. There's plenty of ways to get someone out there. And if recruiters and coaches like what they see then they'll go recruit the kid. 

Kids are a product of their environment whether its at home or at school.

If you keep your kid in a toxic environment or culture because of misplaced "loyalty" then you're a bad parent.