Why these Mater Dei Transfers caught DLS Attn:

Texasfrog

Just now, Gametyme said:

Bust

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You mean the #1 pro style qb in the country? 

You know how many #1 rated QB in the country I've seen from California over the past 20 years that faded away and either became embarrassing bust,  average College Qb and didn't make the NFL are just were the #2 or #3 QB on the active roster.

Please son.. the list is long!

1 minute ago, Texasfrog said:

California with about 40 Million people.

Texas with about 28 Million people.

and Texas has been getting more players drafted by the NFL over the past few years.. 

But hey,, Texas players are over-rated!   LMAO!!

Check the current active rosters for MD and Bosco players. It's kinda sad.

Gotta go....  but I'll end my night by saying this one more time.   Nothing special about Mater Dei or St. Johns Bosco.     Just recruited up All-Star Teams loaded with Transfer Prospects at every position.

If the Texas UIL had that same joke transfer policy that the California CIF-Southern Section has.

There could be 8 Mater Dei's in Houston,  8 Mater Dei's in Dallas, 2 Mater Dei's in San Antonio, 2 Mater Dei's in Austin and even could build a National Power in East Texas around the Longview area.

Nothing special but a group of grown-men putting together a Private School "Transfer Power" together and trying to blab about how great they are.

Coach Rollison or Coach Negro....  You can really impress me by going a few miles down the road to the nearest Public school that has a football team and showing us all how great of a Coach, Staff and everything you are by taking that roster of players and leading them to a National Title.  "cough-cough-cough."

19 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

You know how many #1 rated QB in the country I've seen from California over the past 20 years that faded away and either became embarrassing bust,  average College Qb and didn't make the NFL are just were the #2 or #3 QB on the active roster.

Please son.. the list is long!

Guess that’s why dabo swinney and saban went across the country and made them (young & uiaglelei) priority #1. But we all know you can pick out talent better than they can! 

9 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’m sorry you’ve spent decades on an online forum talking about high school sports. 😂😂🤡 Yikes hahahaha I love it. I’m a new guy that didn’t pour decades of his time on an online site. Sorry 😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡 Will be right here after this season, and the next, and the next etc. Hopped on here to talk football but it has to be a competition and that’s fine with me. When you play us you can talk. Until then, keep your gimmick offenses and remedial commentary in that shithole you call texas. Adapt or get ran over. Tell your buddies about it too. No one in the history of txhsb has ever done anything illegal to get a player to play for them 🤥🤥🤥🤥. Ok I’ll lay off that’s enough. Have a good night brother

Nobody has ever said much of this...What you have to understand is that Texas has pretty darn strict rules on transfers.  We have kids each year who are denied chance to play who don’t meet the standard.  

There is big difference in what goes on here and what is happening in today’s world of football power private schools.

i honestly believe things changed in California after BG become super recruited and layed multiple beatings in California combine that with DLS being the #1 team in Cali and getting beat in Texas.  

It was right after this that major changes took place 

made it ok to transfer for athletic reasons

pushed the season up to start earlier.  In 2015 that was DLS first game and Trinity - if that would have been this year it would have been DLS 2nd game and Trinity’s 1st

Starting the season earlier was not for Texas it was for playing oos against the BG’s and STA’s and so forth. Which all those schools started at least one week earlier. 

Concerning all the smack talk - you need to understand that guys like 

@The Guru and @imaGoodBoyNow  troll every thread with bullshit.  Then it leads to this.

for me personally - I don’t like private schools - however, I recognize several of them are really really good including sig2 of California and respect how DLS plays.

You can have decent conversations with people from Texas.  It’s one thing to debate each other and it’s another to be told every thing sucks in Texas like the jackasses mentioned above.

like anyone else when attacked we will fight back.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Nobody has ever said much of this...What you have to understand is that Texas has pretty darn strict rules on transfers.  We have kids each year who are denied chance to play who don’t meet the standard.  

There is big difference in what goes on here and what is happening in today’s world of football power private schools.

i honestly believe things changed in California after BG become super recruited and layed multiple beatings in California combine that with DLS being the #1 team in Cali and getting beat in Texas.  

It was right after this that major changes took place 

made it ok to transfer for athletic reasons

pushed the season up to start earlier.  In 2015 that was DLS first game and Trinity - if that would have been this year it would have been DLS 2nd game and Trinity’s 1st

Starting the season earlier was not for Texas it was for playing oos against the BG’s and STA’s and so forth. Which all those schools started at least one week earlier. 

Concerning all the smack talk - you need to understand that guys like 

@The Guru and @imaGoodBoyNow  troll every thread with bullshit.  Then it leads to this.

for me personally - I don’t like private schools - however, I recognize several of them are really really good including sig2 of California and respect how DLS plays.

You can have decent conversations with people from Texas.  It’s one thing to debate each other and it’s another to be told every thing sucks in Texas like the jackasses mentioned above.

like anyone else when attacked we will fight back.

There has been enough Texas vs Cali games over the past 20 years to have a grasp of what is going on.

Hell, I remember the damn San Diego Mira Mesa vs Wylie game.

2 hours ago, Gametyme said:

I don't hate them I'm just saying getting 52 transfer kids in one season. Come on bro it's not remotely close. Real shit how good would MD be with local kids in a 10 mile radius ? Most Texas teams are built with 0 transfers. Of course kids still move for athletic purposes but outside Allen who btw has caught hell in Texas is remotely doing what you guys are doing.

Aye you guys - Where in the hell do you think Mater Dei has 54 transfers ??  Thats TexasFrog was misinformed.. That wasn't for football, that number was for the entire school - all sports. LA Times Eric Sodenhimer  reported transfers numbers, but failed to mention that it was entire school. How asinine does that sound to have 54 transfers for one, let alone two seasons. And for what its worth this years teams has 5, with only 4 playing.. that is the lowest number of all the Trinity League teams. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Just now, covercorner said:

Aye you guys - Where in the hell do you think Mater Dei has 54 transfers ??  Thats TexasFool was misinformed.. That wasn't for football, that number was for the entire school - all sports. LA Times Eric Sodenhimer  reported transfers numbers, but failed to mention that it was entire school. How asinine does that sound to have 54 transfers for one, let along two seasons. And for what its worth this years teams has 5, with only 4 playing.. that is the lowest number of all the Trinity League teams. 

Exactly lol. Like 54 kids are transferring in for 22 starting football spots and that’s not to mention the kids that have been there & already have starting spots. Any excuse they can make they will make. 

2 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Aye you guys - Where in the hell do you think Mater Dei has 54 transfers ??  Thats TexasFool was misinformed.. That wasn't for football, that number was for the entire school - all sports. LA Times Eric Sodenhimer  reported transfers numbers, but failed to mention that it was entire school. How asinine does that sound to have 54 transfers for one, let along two seasons. And for what its worth this years teams has 5, with only 4 playing.. that is the lowest number of all the Trinity League teams. 

Ha-ha-ha... that's just straight up comical and foolish.  You should go into selling Ocean Front Property in Nebraska with that complete BS.

Mater Dei only has 4 transfers on the team right now...  Ha-ha-ha-ha... I think I just pooped myself!!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Guru said:

Skyline was loaded.

Hardly a super team.

DeSoto was loaded.

Hardly a super team.

The idea that Killeen or Judson would be super teams is comical.

The Converse Judson rockets split talent with 4 high schools. Cibolo steele, schertz clemens, judson wagner high, judson veterans memorial. Judson hswould definitely be a national power as they were back in the 80s but then again theyd be like 12k students lol

• Like 1

Nothing  special about what Mater Dei is doing..   Just a Private School "recruited up- transferred up"  All-Star team with kids around Southern California.

I just looked up Katy High Schools on 247 recruiting.  If I put a Sports Private School in the middle of Katy TX tomorrow and took every kid from the Katy area High Schools (8 High Schools) all within 25 minutes of each other.

I could have a team right now with 18 FBS Prospects that range from 5-Star to 2-Star prospects and that's just with the kids that have FBS offers right now.

I could do the same thing in about 7 different parts of Houston TX alone.

Nothing special Mater Dei or St. Johns Bosco..  Just recruited up All-Star teams.

2 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

The Converse Judson rockets split talent with 4 high schools. Cibolo steele, schertz clemens, judson wagner high, judson veterans memorial. Judson hswould definitely be a national power as they were back in the 80s

I tried to explain that same exact point earlier today with some of these clowns!!

6 hours ago, The Guru said:

The assumption was made by Gametyme (that having a military base would produce a super team).

I merely shut down that stupid theory.

Military bases have definitely helped teams in san antonio. The best San Antonio area teams are in military towns. Even in el paso despite having bad football the best teams there are guess what? By the base getting all those military kids.

3 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

The Converse Judson rockets split talent with 4 high schools. Cibolo steele, schertz clemens, judson wagner high, judson veterans memorial. Judson hswould definitely be a national power as they were back in the 80s

I could build at least 3 National Super Power "All-Star" teams around the San Antonio area alone if the Texas UIL played with those same joke California CIF transfer policy rules.

3 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Ha-ha-ha... that's just straight up comical and foolish.  You should go into selling Ocean Front Property in Nebraska with that complete BS.

Mater Dei only has 4 transfers on the team right now...  Ha-ha-ha-ha... I think I just pooped myself!!!!

What factual evidence do you have to support otherwise?  

1 minute ago, Texasvic said:

Military bases have definitely helped teams in san antonio. The best San Antonio teams are in military towns. Even in el paso despite having bad football the best teams there are guess what? By the base getting all those military kids.

The best team in El Paso this year is Franklin High School.  Which isn't near the base.   But....many of the kids do come from Military families.

3 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Five new for this season, 4 of them play, and if you want to count the ones returning from last year those numbers are at 2 Bryce Young and Josiah Zamora.. so 6.. all the other transfers were seniors.. 

4 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

The best team in El Paso this year is Franklin High School.  Which isn't near the base.   But....many of the kids do come from Military families.

Most of those families live around the franklin area and or northern el paso id say, el paso geography is odd. Those schools are usually the most diverse too . But yes franklin this year might make some noise in the playoffs. That team is talented. Last years team was good too but injuries decimated them. Lost their top 5 athletes throughout the year to injuries

• Like 1