Orange County Forums & Trinity League recruiting

Texasball

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Your opinion regardless of what you admit to is pretty evident by what you post. 

What's happening in Cali? Kids are transferring to the powerhouse programs like they do everywhere else. Parents get upset because their teams can't compete with the powerhouse. That happens every time a team makes a run somewhere(Indy, Allen, SLC, Mater Dei, STA, Plant, ECA, DLS etc............)

Until these so called cheaters are popped, its nothing more than smoke. 

No, it’s not like everywhere else.

Like I posted before, what’s ironic in all of this is there might potentially be another top rated TX player transferring to MD.  That’s 3 TX kids in the past 2 years, but yet MD doesn’t want to be called a sports academy.   🤔 

Anyways, it is what it is.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Like I posted before, what’s ironic in all of this is there might potentially be another top rated TX player transferring to MD.  That’s 3 TX kids in the past 2 years, but yet MD doesn’t want to be called a sports academy.   🤔 

Anyways, it is what it is.  

Texas kids transferring to MD for athletic purposes, but they don't transfer to a Texas school for athletic purposes😀

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Texas kids transferring to MD for athletic purposes, but they don't transfer to a Texas school for athletic purposes😀

Well there is no restriction for transferring to Cali for athletic purposes now are there?  

Now what is the policy for athletic transfers in Texas? 

We’ve gone over this a thousand times already 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Well there is no restriction for transferring to Cali for athletic purposes now are there?  

Now what is the policy for athletic transfers in Texas? 

Actually there is. If you don't move and transfer, you sit out the first 4 weeks. So the guys that actually moved their residencies have played from the beginning of the season, those that haven't, barely played this past week.

In Texas, those guys would be move-ins. So week 1 SJB, and MD(Same starters)would all be eligible in Texas.

• Like 2

Just now, steeler01 said:

Actually there is. If you don't move and transfer, you sit out the first 4 weeks. So the guys that actually moved their residencies have played from the beginning of the season, those that haven't, barely played this past week.

In Texas those guys would be move-ins. So week 1 SJB, and MD(Same starters)would all be eligible in Texas.

Ok, well a kid MOVING from texas wouldn’t be restricted to play in Cali immediately.  A matter of fact, most states allow a kid to move in from out of state and be cleared to play immediately.  

When it comes to transfers, Cali rules are to speed laws in Germany and the autobahn.  (Go as fast as you like in certain areas)  whereas Texas transfer rules are like general speed laws in the US.  (They are clearly posted and you violate them at your own risk) 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Ok, well a kid MOVING from texas wouldn’t be restricted to play in Cali immediately.  A matter of fact, most states allow a kid to move in from out of state and be cleared to play immediately.  

When it comes to transfers, Cali rules are to speed laws in Germany and the autobahn.  (Go as fast as you like in certain areas)  whereas Texas transfer rules are like general speed laws in the US.  (They are clearly posted and you violate them at your own risk) 

And why would a kid moving from Texas to Cali be restricted?

Should a kid moving from South Carolina to Texas be restricted?

Every kid that played for SJB and MD in week 1 are the current starters for both. Guess what that means? That means they either moved, or were at SJB/MD last year. That's pretty much what Texas does.

The difference is that in the Southern Section you can transfer from a school to another school for athletic purposes and start playing after 50 percent of the season(week 5)is completed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Every kid that played for SJB and MD in week 1 are the starters still. Guess what that means? That means they either moved, or were at SJB/MD last year. That's pretty much what Texas does. The difference is that in the Southern Section you can transfer from a school to another school for athletic purposes and start playing after 50 percent of the season(week 6)is completed.

This is a huge benefit. It’s amazing the other sections haven’t adopted a similar policy.  

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is a huge difference.  

Yes, but not in a game played in week 1-5.

The above is also taking into account that Texans believe that nobody slips through the cracks. Like a Blake Cantu.

Blake Cantu goes from LD Bell to Carroll to be closer to work supposedly. Yea right. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

The above is also taking into account that Texans believe that nobody slips through the cracks. Like a Blake Cantu.

I definitely didn’t say “no one” slips through the cracks. It happens. 

Now apply that same slippage to Cali and the adv are compounded even more. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I definitely didn’t say “no one” slips through the cracks. It happens. 

Now apply that same slippage to Cali and the adv are compounded even more. 

It happens a lot more than what you think. 

These aren't rural towns. It's very hard to do a thorough search on transfers.

I love how you Cali loons just try to sugar-coat and deny that teams like Mater Dei and SJB don't recruit their asses off to hijack and raid some of the "BEST TALENT" in the Southern California region for their two Private Schools.

Its not like Little Jimmy who might get a scholarship offer from some California D2 is transferring into Mater Dei.  It always is some 5-Star, 4-Star, 3-Star kid and it usually is to help fill positions of need from the previous graduating class.

I have 100% no doubt that we'll be reading around Christmas time how some (5-Star/4-Star) QB prospect that already has 45 FBS (Power-5) offers is transferring into Mater Dei.    Probably SJB too.

I mean Coach Rollison own statement from two years ago (2017).

Mater Dei Coach Rollison...."Ya, I keep hearing people say how we got over 20 transfers this off-season.. the truth is it was only 11."

LMFAO... that's straight from the guys Fk'n mouth to a Maxpreps reporter.   What he isn't telling you is that those 11 kids are all FBS Power-5 prospects that already have multiple offers.

He also isn't telling you that they are on a full-ride "Athletic Scholarship" to Mater Dei.= Recruiting.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Like others from Texas have said..   If Public Schools in Texas recruited,  Free-Agency Period (Like the CIF allows) and other crap like that.

Why does Allen HS have a 5'7 QB right now?   There is several big time Power-5 QB prospects within shouting distance of Allen HS.   I mean give me a Fk'n break.  You're going to tell me that Allen HS coaches,  staff and others aren't going to go after some of these kids that live within 30 minutes of Allen HS that are big time FBS-Power-5 prospects?

or... why doesn't Allen HS have a legit FBS Power-5 RB on the team right now?   There is many of them within shouting distance of Allen HS.

Why doesn't SLC have an FBS (Power-5) RB, DE, DT, LB's and about 5 other highly skilled FBS Power-5 prospects on the team..  There is many of those type of kids that live within 30 minutes of Southlake Carroll HS.

You Cali dudes are a 100% complete joke how you Deny, cover-up and deflect what the HELL is going on in Southern California in regards to the level of Recruiting highly regarded prospects in the region to attend mostly two Private schools called Mater Dei and SJB.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I love how you Cali loons just try to sugar-coat and deny that teams like Mater Dei and SJB don't recruit their asses off to hijack and raid some of the "BEST TALENT" in the Southern California region for their two Private Schools.

Its not like Little Jimmy who might get a scholarship offer from some California D2 is transferring into Mater Dei.  It always is some 5-Star, 4-Star, 3-Star kid and it usually is to help fill positions of need from the previous graduating class.

I have 100% no doubt that we'll be reading around Christmas time how some (5-Star/4-Star) QB prospect that already has 45 FBS (Power-5) offers is transferring into Mater Dei.    Probably SJB too.

I mean Coach Rollison own statement from two years ago (2017).

Mater Dei Coach Rollison...."Ya, I keep hearing people say how we got over 20 transfers this off-season.. the truth is it was only 11."

LMFAO... that's straight from the guys Fk'n mouth to a Maxpreps reporter.   What he isn't telling you is that those 11 kids are all FBS Power-5 prospects that already have multiple offers.

He also isn't telling you that they are on a full-ride "Athletic Scholarship" to Mater Dei.= Recruiting.

I love how you Texas loons just try to sugar-coat and deny that teams like Allen and Duncanville don't recruit their asses off to hijack and raid some of the "BEST TALENT" in the North Texas region for their two Public Schools.

Its not like Little Jimmy who might get a scholarship offer from some Texas D2 is transferring into Duncanville.  It always is some 5-Star, 4-Star, 3-Star kid and it usually is to help fill positions of need from the previous graduating class.

I have 100% no doubt that we'll be reading around Christmas time how some (5-Star/4-Star) QB prospect that already has 45 FBS (Power-5) offers is transferring into Allen.   Probably Duncanville too.

I mean Coach Samples own statement from two years ago (2017).

Duncanville Coach Samples...."Ya, I keep hearing people say how we got over 20 transfers this off-season.. the truth is it was only 11."

He also isn't telling you that they are on a full-ride "Athletic Scholarship" to Duncanville.= Recruiting.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

You Cali dudes are a 100% complete joke how you Deny, cover-up and deflect what the HELL is going on in Southern California in regards to the level of Recruiting highly regarded prospects in the region to attend mostly two Private schools called Mater Dei and SJB.

You Texas dudes are a 100% complete joke how you Deny, cover-up and deflect what the HELL is going on in North Texas in regards to the level of Recruiting highly regarded prospects in the region to attend mostly two Public schools called Allen and Duncanville.

• Like 1

Allen QB Raylen Sharpe (SMU commit) is actually from Arkansas......he's a speedy ATH, not exactly a 5-7 scrub. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Raylen-Sharpe-46084691/

Sharpe is the Eagles' first non-transfer quarterback in eight seasons -- his family moved to Allen from Arkansas when he was in first grade -- and his dual-sport background adds a unique twist.

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Blake Cantu goes from LD Bell to Carroll to be closer to work supposedly. Yea right. 

LMFAO...  seriously I'm laughing my Fk'n ass off.   You can bring up like 2 maybe 3 examples of Allen, SLC or whatever Texas Public school team over the last 15 Fk'n years and say.... "That looks sketchy."

Yet.. teams like Mater Dei and SJB are getting 10-15 transfers of FBS (D1) Power-5 caliber prospects annually. 

Seriously dude.. I'm embarrassed for you with that pathetic desperation.

PS.  The UIL just ruled yesterday that two of Coach Art Briles kids on his Texas Public School 3A are now eligible.  You can read about that breaking news on ESPN.

24 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Allen QB Raylen Sharpe (SMU commit) is actually from Arkansas......he's a speedy ATH, not exactly a 5-7 scrub. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Raylen-Sharpe-46084691/

Sharpe is the Eagles' first non-transfer quarterback in eight seasons -- his family moved to Allen from Arkansas when he was in first grade -- and his dual-sport background adds a unique twist.

I think Sharpe is a great athlete and probably great teammate.

But lets be real..  There is probably 4 or 5 FBS QB prospects that live within earshot of Allen ISD.   If Allen HS recruited kids..  They would have no problem having a team loaded with 25-30 FBS prospects annually. 

But.. most years teams like Allen, SLC, Katy and others have on average about 4 FBS prospect Seniors.

I have 100% no doubt that we'll be reading how Mater Dei and SJB have FBS Power-5 (5-Star/4-Star) QB transfers coming into the school shortly after Christmas/New Years.

12 minutes ago, The Guru said:

"But if Allen recruited their first non-transfer QB since 2011, he wouldn't suck so much!"

Compelling evidence from the Texas contingent.

Allen's backup QB transferred in from Coppell this off-season and I guess was beat out by the little speedster.....Allen loses 2 QB this year so I would imagine they pick up a couple more next off-season......they really have nobody headed into 2020.

Allen going to have a QB....

It's like I stated before..  If Texas played by those joke relaxed pathetic CIF transfer policy rules.

We could build and we would have 15 Mater Dei/SJB /IMG transferred up "recruited up" teams like that around the State of Texas.

Just a 100% fact!!   But we have a Sports Governing Organization called the "UIL" that actually has Policy and Rules and they enforce them!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, RedZone said:

Allen's backup QB transferred in from Coppell this off-season and I guess was beat out by the little speedster.....Allen loses 2 QB this year so I would imagine they pick up a couple more next off-season......they really have nobody headed into 2020.

Allen going to have a QB....

Ya... If you look at their freshman or 10th grade team you'll find him.