Orange County Forums & Trinity League recruiting

Texasball

LA Times Prep Sports Reporter:  Eric Sondheimer- Twitter    Oct.9, 2019  (TODAY)!!!!

Eric Sondheimer, "Is it too early to speculate which QB will be transferring to Mater Dei or St. Johns Bosco for the 2020 season?    NO,  it's easy to speculate he'll be coming from a City Section School.  Let the wooing begin.

Reply:  and the ESPN broadcasters will credit the Mater Dei and St.Johns Bosco staff for developing them too.

Eric Sondheimer:   Definitely!!

Sorry... this aint Texans saying this.  This is Los Angeles /  Orange County people.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Coach Rollison...."We lose just as many transfers as we get in."

Translation:  The kids that grew-up in the system and thought they were going to play suddenly realized the new transfer we brought in was going to play instead of them...  IE. They transferred.

I don't disagree with this point. Where it takes a turn is when kids are referred to as thugs and trash, etc. that the argument becomes more about personal sentiment than the point itself. 

LA Times Prep Sports Reporter:    Eric Sondheimer..   15 June 2018. (Twitter)

"For those of you keeping count, since January (2018) Mater Dei has picked up transfers at QB, RB, OL, WR, DL, LB and couple of DB's.  I call that an All-Star Team."

Ya...I guess that Texan L.A. Times Sports reporter is making that stuff up!  LMFAO!!

It's obvious that LA Times Prep Sports Reporter (Eric Sondheimer) has some issues with how teams like Mater Dei and St.Johns Bosco run their business..    

I mean.. How they get transfer after transfer after transfer of FBS Prospects.

Like I used to tell the Louisiana people and the N.CAl people for along time.

Go ahead and buy your State Championship tickets in September because you know it's going to be John Curtis, ECA, West Monroe, DLS.

You dudes in the Southern CIF Section can go ahead and buy your Southern Section CIF Championship tickets in August before season.

Because it's going to be Mater Dei vs SJB every year!!!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I never take it personal enough to change the subject when I'm drowning.

I'd call you a turd but that's not low enough for you.

No one is drowning Guru.  Do you understand that a majority, if not all, of what has been posted on this subject was written and posted by writers in California or bloggers? all that has been done is it has been reposted...but off you go. Get a clue man.  😂 

I told you before you are being goaded the hell out of.  And YOU respond the loudest and most unhinged.  

20 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Coach Rollison...."We lose just as many transfers as we get in."

Translation:  The kids that grew-up in the system and thought they were going to play suddenly realized the new transfer we brought in was going to play instead of them...  IE. They transferred.

Just this year we had a 5 star DB transfer to IMG and a 4 star DB transfer to Narbonne. JSerra’s starting RB, CB and LB, arguably their best players on offense and defense are MD transfers. 

• Like 1

Just now, Texasfrog said:

It's obvious that LA Times Prep Sports Reporter (Eric Sondheimer) has some issues with how teams like Mater Dei and St.Johns Bosco run their business..    

I mean.. How they get transfer after transfer after transfer of FBS Prospects.

Like I used to tell the Louisiana people and the N.CAl people for along time.

Go ahead and buy your State Championship tickets in September because you know it's going to be John Curtis, ECA, West Monroe, DLS.

You dudes in the Southern CIF Section can go ahead and buy your Southern Section CIF Championship tickets in August before season.

Because it's going to be Mater Dei vs SJB every year!!!

It'll be interesting to see what SJB does after this year because there will be a big loss of talent to graduation. Obviously the assumption is they'll be able to figure it out....somehow, but many think Servite and JSerra will continue to creep up as they've already shown quite a bit of improvement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

Just this year we had a 5 star DB transfer to IMG and a 4 star DB transfer to Narbonne. JSerra’s starting RB, CB and LB, arguably their best players on offense and defense are MD transfers. 

And quite honestly, all 3 definitely made the best choice for their future. 

• Like 1

Coach Rollison.... " The Mater Dei 3 stripes is Pride, Poise and Courage."

Translation... "The Mater Dei 3 stripes is about Recruit, Transfer, Play!!"

Sorry son... I know that you've been in our program for a few years.. But we really need this other guy to come in here and play QB, RB, WR, DT, LB or DB because his a 4-Star and your just average..  3 Stripes now!!!

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do you understand that a majority, if not all, of what has been posted on this subject was written and posted by writers in California or bloggers? all that has been done is it has been reposted...but off you go. Get a clue man.  😂

And you don't think we know that these butt pirates are simply taking screenshots of California boards?

This is what you are obviously one of the dumbest people on this forum.

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I told you before you are being goaded the hell out of.  And YOU respond the loudest and most unhinged. 

TexasFrog and TexasBall aren't smart enough to be anything but their true selves.

As a matter of fact, neither are you. The only thing you can do is hedge and equivocate.

🤡

9 minutes ago, Moosington said:

And quite honestly, all 3 definitely made the best choice for their future. 

That could very well be true for Genova and Duncan as they wouldn’t be starting. But the others would all be featured players. Perhaps they are better off for personal reasons. Whatever it is, the team is just fine without them. 

35 minutes ago, The Guru said:

TexasFrog and TexasBall aren't smart enough to be anything but their true selves.

As a matter of fact, neither are you. The only thing you can do is hedge and equivocate.

🤡

I told you I was goading.  But you’re too dumb to even understand that.  I already stated that I have no evidence if Cali recruits. We just had that convo last week.   🤡 

I’ve never found you a smart guy, just a smart ass. 

You rarely contribute accurate facts.  Kinda like last week in your TX transfer tirade you tried to make a point about Blackshire being at North Shore...the kid plays a Duncanville.  But like a dumbass you just dust yourself off and away you go.  

You’re the easiest person to play on here because you’re a simpleton. (This is the reason I rarely initiate conversations with you) 

But thats You.  a guy who has to give himself praiseworthy names such as “Guru”  instead of others giving it to you.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I guess the California High School Hall-of-Fame football coach (Bob Johnson) said it best a couple of years ago.

Bob Johnson, ....."Mater Dei is the best team money can buy."   Nuff said!!!

Again, using Bob Johnson to fortify an argument is not a good foundation. Dude mastered the transfer game in the public school setting in Orange County. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I guess the California High School Hall-of-Fame football coach (Bob Johnson) said it best a couple of years ago.

Bob Johnson, ....."Mater Dei is the best team money can buy."   Nuff said!!!

Bob Johnson, the guy who started the transfer wars with the Ag program at St. Mission Viejo. 

I guess that made St. MV the best team tax payer dollars can buy.

45 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

That could very well be true for Genova and Duncan as they wouldn’t be starting. But the others would all be featured players. Perhaps they are better off for personal reasons. Whatever it is, the team is just fine without them. 

Oh, I was just talking Genova, Duncan and Street. The other two are elite and would have started, for sure.

Street would have taken a back seat last year to Harper just as he did in 2017, so again, I think he was probably smart to move on and be a featured back for JSerra for two solid years. This year he probably would have been the lead, but the stable at RB for MD is stacked as is. I can't imagine what Quincy Craig will be doing to defenses in 2-3 years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moosington said:

Oh, I was just talking Genova, Duncan and Street. The other two are elite and would have started, for sure.

Street would have taken a back seat last year to Harper just as he did in 2017, so again, I think he was probably smart to move on and be a featured back for JSerra for two solid years. This year he probably would have been the lead, but the stable at RB for MD is stacked as is. I can't imagine what Quincy Craig will be doing to defenses in 2-3 years. 

Agreed about Craig. Yetts is just a junior and a speedster so they are set at RB for a while.
The current CBs Davies and Jackson you could argue are not that much of a drop off from Ricks and Green-Warren. Villa Park’s best player Zion Alefosio also got major playing time in the secondary as a sophomore before transferring out of MD.