Orange County Forums & Trinity League recruiting

Texasball

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Allen's backup QB transferred in from Coppell this off-season and I guess was beat out by the little speedster.....Allen loses 2 QB this year so I would imagine they pick up a couple more next off-season......they really have nobody headed into 2020.

Allen going to have a QB....

Ok... so Redzone clearly states that Allen HS will have a 5-Star/4-Star QB transfer into Allen HS for his Junior/Senior year after football season.  LMFAO.

Let me mark this post and thread.

The only schools you'll be reading about some 5-Star/4-STAR FBS Power-5 QB's transferring into this off-season will be Mater Dei and SJB.      Go to Vegas and make that bet... EASY MONEY!!!!

As we speak now Mater Dei has their recruiters travelling the country to find the heir apparent to Bryce Young.

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds? I'm not going to claim any moral high ground by saying MD does not recruit, or other schools for that matter. I can assure you the coaches and alumni I know are not travelling to Texas to scout quarterbacks. lol. I also am not naive to say their are not unscrupulous people (there definately are!) that try to recruit players.

The best recruiter is a team's own success on the field. 'Success begets success'  Does it occur to anybody that there are likely a lot of very talented quarterbacks (or pick your position) that know Bryce Young is graduating and want to throw their proverbial hat in the ring to play with the best against the best? This applies to lots of programs like SJB, DV, Allen, STA, DLS, etc. All these elite programs attract top players BECAUSE they are elite to begin with. The ironic thing is these schools actually don't need to recruit because the best players want to play for them anyway. But this concept does not fit the personal biases and narrative of many people here.

• Like 2

I mean..  Coach Jon Kitna just returned to the Dallas Cowboys coaching staff this year after being the Head Coach at Brophy Prep, AZ.  

His son (3-Star Qb Prospect Jalen Kitna) already committed to Boston College moved with him to the Frisco, TX and is the QB for Frisco Reedy HS.

Frisco Reedy HS is about 20 minutes from Allen HS.

Why wouldn't former NFL QB (Jon Kitna) send his 3-Star QB (Jalen Kitna-Boston College commit) to Allen HS since they clearly had an opening for a highly regarded Junior 3-Star QB already verbally committed to Boston College.

I mean why go to no name Frisco Reedy HS when he could of easily gone to Allen HS where the NFL 1st overall pick (QB-Kyler Murray) went too.

Here is why....   the Kitna moved to Frisco,TX ISD probably because it's close to the Dallas Cowboys training area and there son is going to the local school zone High school (Frisco Reedy).

20 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

As we speak now Mater Dei has their recruiters travelling the country to find the heir apparent to Bryce Young.

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds? I'm not going to claim any moral high ground by saying MD does not recruit, or other schools for that matter. I can assure you the coaches and alumni I know are not travelling to Texas to scout quarterbacks. lol. I also am not naive to say their are not unscrupulous people (there definately are!) that try to recruit players.

The best recruiter is a team's own success on the field. 'Success begets success'  Does it occur to anybody that there are likely a lot of very talented quarterbacks (or pick your position) that know Bryce Young is graduating and want to throw their proverbial hat in the ring to play with the best against the best? This applies to lots of programs like SJB, DV, Allen, STA, DLS, etc. All these elite programs attract top players BECAUSE they are elite to begin with. The ironic thing is these schools actually don't need to recruit because the best players want to play for them anyway. But this concept does not fit the personal biases and narrative of many people here.

Are you paying attention to what is going on at all? The story Sammy linked was about a Cali fan making a trip to Texas to watch a high profile QB play whom a few have speculated is transferring to MD in Jan.  Is that coincidence or. planned intent?  

It will become more clear if the transfer happens.  We’ll wait and see

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Are you paying attention to what is going on at all? The story Sammy linked was about a Cali fan making a trip to Texas to watch a high profile QB play whom a few have speculated is transferring to MD in Jan.  Is that coincidence or. planned intent?  

It will become more clear if the transfer happens.  We’ll wait and see

I lived in Texas for a few years and attended plenty of high school games. I now live on the East Coast and attend high school games. Does that mean I recruit for Mater Dei?

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I lived in Texas for a few years and attended plenty of high school games. I now live on the East Coast and attend high school games. Does that mean I recruit for Mater Dei?

Did you read the article? 

i find it interesting a random fan flies all the way from Cali to TX to attend a HSFB game b/w SLC and guyer...and the SLC QB just so happens to be the one allegedly transferring.  Quite the coincidence 

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

i find it interesting a random fan flies all the way from Cali to TX to attend a HSFB game b/w SLC and guyer...and the SLC QB just so happens to be the one allegedly transferring.  Quite the coincidence 

Yes I did as I have been a member of that forum for years and didn't think anything of it. 

I will be in Houston in later November and if my schedule permits I hope to catch a high school game myself, hopefully the earlier rounds of the state playoffs. Going to games is something I enjoy doing. My son and I are going to the SJR/Bergen game this weekend. Is this also interesting and a coincidence?

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

Yes I did as I have been a member of that forum for years and didn't think anything of it. 

I will be in Houston in later November and if my schedule permits I hope to catch a high school game myself, hopefully the earlier rounds of the state playoffs. Going to games is something I enjoy doing. My son and I are going to the SJR/Bergen game this weekend. Is this also interesting and a coincidence?

Nothing coincidental if there’s not a prospect from that school transferring.  Come on, it’s not that complicated. 

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

Ok... so Redzone clearly states that Allen HS will have a 5-Star/4-Star QB transfer into Allen HS for his Junior/Senior year after football season.  LMFAO.

Let me mark this post and thread.

The only schools you'll be reading about some 5-Star/4-STAR FBS Power-5 QB's transferring into this off-season will be Mater Dei and SJB.      Go to Vegas and make that bet... EASY MONEY!!!!

Gotta love the constant backslide.

Transfers are now move-ins and those transfers are only notable if they're 4/5-star.

So when Allen gets a 3-star transfer at QB it will be "nothing to see here!"

38 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I mean..  Coach Jon Kitna just returned to the Dallas Cowboys coaching staff this year after being the Head Coach at Brophy Prep, AZ.  

His son (3-Star Qb Prospect Jalen Kitna) already committed to Boston College moved with him to the Frisco, TX and is the QB for Frisco Reedy HS.

Frisco Reedy HS is about 20 minutes from Allen HS.

Why wouldn't former NFL QB (Jon Kitna) send his 3-Star QB (Jalen Kitna-Boston College commit) to Allen HS since they clearly had an opening for a highly regarded Junior 3-Star QB already verbally committed to Boston College.

I mean why go to no name Frisco Reedy HS when he could of easily gone to Allen HS where the NFL 1st overall pick (QB-Kyler Murray) went too.

Here is why....   the Kitna moved to Frisco,TX ISD probably because it's close to the Dallas Cowboys training area and there son is going to the local school zone High school (Frisco Reedy).

So you're saying that if Allen recruited then Jon Kitna would've sent his son to Allen?

🤨

What?

28 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You've reached the tipping point of normal Texas loon to fully delusional assclown if you believe a single word of this.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

You start reading what Cali is saying about Cali - you get the truth!

Texas has some transferring - it’s nothing like this.

These coaches at MD / SJB are not just recruiting those pimped up traveling youth teams - They are coaching them and even the masterminds behind them.

i am about make get more coffee so I can keep on reading 

• Haha 3

The amount of evidence that horsefly requires to accuse a Texas team is comical when compared to the complete lack of evidence that he requires to accept a story about a California team.

He's ready to accept, completely, a story that he just read on a message board about a person from California merely going to a Texas football game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

I didn't clearly state that.....

BUT, go ahead and archive it.

Want to put a little cash on it?

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I guess I'm one of the 'old white guys' and my hobby is to pour money into MD and bring in minority kids to keep the empire alive and well. I can't wait to share this with the other old white MD alumni and football boosters I know.

The article is quoting one old timer as stating this.  So what is your point?