Orange County Forums & Trinity League recruiting

Texasball

28 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

LMAO... I know that your desperation is kicking into overdrive trying to cover-up the West Coast IMG Academies called Mater Dei and St.Johns Bosco.

My only question..  When does Mater Dei announce their new (5-Star/4-Star) QB transfer?   Before Christmas or after New Years Day?

Shortly afterwards, MD's 3/4 star back-up QB who would have been the starter transfers to St. Mission Viejo or JSerra 

By ERIC SONDHEIMERCOLUMNIST  
SEP. 16, 2018

7:50 AM

There are two ways to look at Friday’s football game between Santa Ana Mater Dei and Florida-based IMG Academy at Santa Ana Stadium.

Much depends on your age, your like or dislike of social media and what you see as the mission of high school sports.

There’s the group that can’t wait to embrace the matchup. It’s the TV people from Prime Ticket who get to talk about five-star recruits and two great teams. It’s the fans who love to gossip about college football recruiting. It’s the players who enjoy seeing the best vs. best. It’s the fans who want to debate East Coast vs. West Coast. It’s the college recruiters who get to watch video of top players testing themselves against top players.

Then there’s the group who views the game as everything that’s wrong with high school sports. It’s two all-star teams built with transfer students who legally moved to join successful programs. It’s two teams that place an emphasis on winning over community representation. It’s two teams embracing the trend of trying to be like college programs.

Gardena Serra coach Scott Altenberg has called Mater Dei “IMG West” and suggested the two teams can exchange players after the game depending on their needs.

This game is going to be so much fun, though some might have trouble picking a side for which to root.

Mater Dei has at least 10 players on this year’s roster who changed residences to become eligible immediately following the Monarchs’ 15-0 season last fall. The Monarchs’ star quarterback, USC-bound Bryce Young, was 16 of 16 passing for 348 yards and four touchdowns in a half of action against Stockton St. Mary’s. He came from L.A. Cathedral to replace JT Daniels, who graduated a year early to become the starting quarterback at USC.

One of those new players has since been declared ineligible and caused Mater Dei to forfeit a season-opening victory because the school determined he had exhausted his eight semesters of sports eligibility.

IMG, based in Bradenton, Fla., doesn’t hide the fact it’s a sports academy with a business model focused on preparing players for college and beyond. There are two IMG teams, with players from 28 states and six countries. Quarterback David Baldwin-Griffin and receiver Josh Delgado arrived this year from Upland and Bellflower St. John Bosco, respectively.

The team isn’t eligible for Florida’s state playoffs but travels around the country for games. Starting next season, California teams will no longer be allowed to play IMG because of a new CIF rule that bans teams from playing opponents ineligible for state playoffs. The CIF wants teams to face opponents playing by the same rules.  (This is a joke right!!)

So sit back and enjoy the competition. You can either roll your eyes in disbelief or applaud loudly in appreciation. On display will be either the greatness of high school sports or everything wrong with them. It all depends on your point of view.

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

I must say - it’s pretty sad on what’s happening -  again this someone who is obviously affiliated with MD.  It’s only matter of time before it all comes crumbling down.

925B8033-0FC3-45EE-BD0D-E85496CA1DC2.png

You simply can’t make this stuff up....

Its wrong what they do...The people who are allowing this should be ashamed 

that last little bit above is very telling.

5 hours ago, The Guru said:

I love how you Texas loons just try to sugar-coat and deny that teams like Allen and Duncanville don't recruit their asses off to hijack and raid some of the "BEST TALENT" in the North Texas region for their two Public Schools.

Its not like Little Jimmy who might get a scholarship offer from some Texas D2 is transferring into Duncanville.  It always is some 5-Star, 4-Star, 3-Star kid and it usually is to help fill positions of need from the previous graduating class.

I have 100% no doubt that we'll be reading around Christmas time how some (5-Star/4-Star) QB prospect that already has 45 FBS (Power-5) offers is transferring into Allen.   Probably Duncanville too.

I mean Coach Samples own statement from two years ago (2017).

Duncanville Coach Samples...."Ya, I keep hearing people say how we got over 20 transfers this off-season.. the truth is it was only 11."

LMFAO... that's straight from the guys Fk'n mouth to a Maxpreps reporter.   What he isn't telling you is that those 11 kids are all FBS Power-5 prospects that already have multiple offers.

He also isn't telling you that they are on a full-ride "Athletic Scholarship" to Duncanville.= Recruiting.

Hahaha.  Well played!

5 hours ago, The Guru said:

I love how you Texas loons just try to sugar-coat and deny that teams like Allen and Duncanville don't recruit their asses off to hijack and raid some of the "BEST TALENT" in the North Texas region for their two Public Schools.

Its not like Little Jimmy who might get a scholarship offer from some Texas D2 is transferring into Duncanville.  It always is some 5-Star, 4-Star, 3-Star kid and it usually is to help fill positions of need from the previous graduating class.

I have 100% no doubt that we'll be reading around Christmas time how some (5-Star/4-Star) QB prospect that already has 45 FBS (Power-5) offers is transferring into Allen.   Probably Duncanville too.

I mean Coach Samples own statement from two years ago (2017).

Duncanville Coach Samples...."Ya, I keep hearing people say how we got over 20 transfers this off-season.. the truth is it was only 11."

LMFAO... that's straight from the guys Fk'n mouth to a Maxpreps reporter.   What he isn't telling you is that those 11 kids are all FBS Power-5 prospects that already have multiple offers.

He also isn't telling you that they are on a full-ride "Athletic Scholarship" to Duncanville.= Recruiting.

The difference is your post is fake and the other really happened.

we don’t deny there is some transfers and we do not deny all the people who have moved in to Allen.  

You guys that love on these private schools are in denial of what is happening-  especially in California 

other states like NJ , DC they have told the truth so they get my respect.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

74 in 5 years = "some" transfers

11 in 1 year = OMG! Vomit 🤮 private schools!

74 kids moved into Allen ISD (almost 7,000 kids) in the last 5 years.

Mater Dei is getting 11 or more FBS Power-5 prospects each season.  LMFAO

But..but..but.. We don't recruit at Mater Dei or SJB.

Joke statement of the year..

The California Prep Sports Governing body (CIF) won't allow California schools to compete against IMG Academy (Florida) anymore because IMG isn't allowed to compete for Florida State Title.

This is where the joke is....   CIF claims they want everyone to play by the same rules!  "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. now that's funny!!"

15 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

74 kids moved into Allen ISD (almost 7,000 kids) in the last 5 years.

Mater Dei is getting 11 or more FBS Power-5 prospects each season.  LMFAO

But..but..but.. We don't recruit at Mater Dei or SJB.

MD is NOT getting 11 or more a year.. 4-5 is about the average. Not denying they get em, but 11 is the most they've ever got, but everyone now seems to think that's the norm. Bosco and JSerra get an average of 11 or so but not MD. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Joke statement of the year..

The California Prep Sports Governing body (CIF) won't allow California schools to compete against IMG Academy (Florida) anymore because IMG isn't allowed to compete for Florida State Title.

This is where the joke is....   CIF claims they want everyone to play by the same rules!  "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. now that's funny!!"

I think the most interesting thing about you is your complete misuse of quotes, dash marks and capital letters.

Trinity and Mission League football coaches weigh in on transfer situation: ‘I’d like to see the rules change so that it’s harder to transfer’

August 9, 2019 Connor Morrissette 

In the last week the Trinity League and Mission League — arguably the two best leagues in the state of California — have put on football media days. Both events featured head coach panels where all six coaches sat together and answered questions from the media. 

While most of the questions revolved around the upcoming season, there was one topic on everyone’s mind: the transfer situation. 

With the Southern Section transfer committee meeting coming up on August 14, I asked the coaches what they would propose if they were on the committee. Their responses are below

Bruce Rollinson – Mater Dei

IMG_3229.jpg?zoom=2&resize=770%2C514&ssl

“Who’s legislating, you know? Did they ever play a down of football? Did they ever swing a baseball bat? I don’t know. They sit in rooms, they create rules, but they don’t even enforce their own rules. That’s the key. Monitor the process. Whatever the process is we’re going to follow. Whatever rules they pass, whether we agree or disagree, that’s our responsibility as educators. Whatever the rules are, we’re going to adhere to the rules. Unfortunately the schools that are sitting up here have the screws on tight on them and we’re the ones that are being watched, and then you’ve got the wild-wild west show going on at other schools, but they’re not relevant. We’re relevant and none of us are stupid enough to do something that would put ourselves, our program, or the reputation of our school in jeopardy. I believe that. The men who are sitting at this table are good, solid, ethical men who believe in their products. … Create rules that are enforceable.”

“If we were allowed to have a little bit more flexibility and vet players we could probably say he’s not a good fit. Sometimes [kids] get in before you even know about it. That has happened. All of a sudden you’re going, if I had known about this I could’ve gotten in front of it and shut it down because then I would know this kid’s not a good fit. There are only certain kids who are going to be Monarchs.”

Kevin Rooney – Notre Dame Sherman Oaks

IMG_3370.jpg?zoom=2&resize=770%2C514&ssl

“Our belief in our school and in our athletic programs is to play with the guys that showed up as freshmen and we believe in our ability to develop kids both academically, socially, athletically, spiritually and it’s a four-year program. It’s not a one-year program. We take pride in the fact that our kids improve a great deal from when they’re freshmen to when they’re seniors. They transfer in as seniors, they’re not really getting that opportunity. … I’d like to see the rules change so that it’s harder to transfer and that kids have to sit out a year if they transfer. I think that’s the right way to do it.”

Jason Negro – St. John Bosco

negro.jpeg?w=800&ssl=1

“We just basically follow the rules. We aren’t the ones that implement the rules or put them in place. That is done honestly by the member schools in the CIF Southern Section and is voted on by the principals. Last time I checked, we didn’t even get a vote on transfer eligibility rules and how it’s going to all play out. …Whenever the Trinity League has an idea or an option to do something people kind of run the other way. If the Trinity League wants this then we probably don’t want it, so sometimes I think we’re on the other side of things and it becomes difficult for our league because they think that anything we agreed to is going to give us a competitive advantage. 

“At the end of the day, all six of our schools lose as many kids as we gain and a cultural fit is important. My daughters are going to go to the school where I feel is in their best interest. … I think as long as the principals, whether it’s public or private, and the CIF Southern Section work together to try and make sure that we’re enforcing the rules which are voted on by those principals of the member schools we’re doing the right things. And the last time I checked transferring is legal and we’re going to continue to welcome kids into our school and our program, and that’s no different whether it’s at the high school level, college level or free agency in the NFL level. It’s all over the place and we as coaches have rights to move from school to school; many of us have and kids have that right as well.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have to really like Mater Dei Coach Rollison.... "If we were allowed to have more flexibility and vet players would could say his not a good fit."

"There is only certain kids that are going to be Monarchs."

Ok..the translation to these two Coach Rollison statements..

"We try to do a good job recruiting the kids we want to make sure they fit our position needs because we can't give everyone an athletic scholarship to come Mater Dei.. Just the really good football players get that."

More Comedy..

LA Times Prep Sports Writer:  Eric Sondheimer  Aug.2, 2019.

Trinity League Media Days.

"All Six Trinity League coaches raised their hands when asked if they think they could win a Div 1 Championship without transfer students."

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha... cough-cough-cough...Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!  That's FUNNY!!!!!!

• Haha 1

For me this post tells the story!

"Bruce want be remembered for national championships.  He'll be remembered for turning his back on a culture he spent decades building only to destroy it in pursuit of Jason Negro."   Very Powerful statement likely coming from MD parent.

This person is calling some of these kids I.E. LA Trash.  That might be little harsh. 

22 minutes ago, Texasball said:

For me this post tells the story!

"Bruce want be remembered for national championships.  He'll be remembered for turning his back on a culture he spent decades building only to destroy it in pursuit of Jason Negro."   Very Powerful statement likely coming from MD parent.

This person is calling some of these kids I.E. LA Trash.  That might be little harsh. 

There's a tad of racism behind some of these posts too. You're merely getting a snap shot. These are rich white people who feel entitled to Mater Dei because they have money and they're legacies at the school. They're not owed jack shit. These former Mater Dei kids are typically now at publics like CDM helping them become a good public program. 

They also call those new MD guys "thugs." And those "thugs" all coincidentally are one race. Can you guess what that is?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

As we speak now Mater Dei has their recruiters travelling the country to find the heir apparent to Bryce Young.

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds? I'm not going to claim any moral high ground by saying MD does not recruit, or other schools for that matter. I can assure you the coaches and alumni I know are not travelling to Texas to scout quarterbacks. lol. I also am not naive to say their are not unscrupulous people (there definately are!) that try to recruit players.

The best recruiter is a team's own success on the field. 'Success begets success'  Does it occur to anybody that there are likely a lot of very talented quarterbacks (or pick your position) that know Bryce Young is graduating and want to throw their proverbial hat in the ring to play with the best against the best? This applies to lots of programs like SJB, DV, Allen, STA, DLS, etc. All these elite programs attract top players BECAUSE they are elite to begin with. The ironic thing is these schools actually don't need to recruit because the best players want to play for them anyway. But this concept does not fit the personal biases and narrative of many people here.

You should exclude DLS from your list.  As far as I know they do not get many transfers and could probably count them all on one hand.  I believe that they have had more players (by a large margin) transfer out and go to another school.  

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

Podcast was quoted in Aug say 17 of 22 starters at JSerra transfered -  This incredible stuff.   

What's great about the forms for the most it it is Trinity League people talking about Trinity League.

Who would have ever thought these teams would raid Las Vegas for players too.

LMAO

By far, the vast majority of those JSerra transfers were guys displaced at places like Mater Dei & SJB by better players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

Maxpreps Coach Rollison...."People are saying we got over 20 transfers... but the truth is we only got 11."

ESPN Broadcaster...." QB Bryce Young commutes 45 minutes to school each day."

You really are a special kind of stupid.  We should start calling you Basic Instinct.  Damn you texass fools have a serious mad crush on Cali.  Stalker style.  Don't be putting no rabbits in our boiling pot of water.  

• Haha 3