Shadow Creek (TX)

Texasfrog

39 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Steeler feels mad b/c he just found out some Texans don’t really give a shit about what he thinks.  Surely you didn’t think otherwise.    

He disappeared for about two weeks after Euless Trinity slapped around DLS.

the biggest thing I remember about the Euless Trinity beating DLS was the DLS coach crying like a little bitch after the game how...."We should of won.. We should of won."

The 2nd thing I remember about the Euless Trinity vs DLS game was how the ET lineman on both sides of the ball were just shoving DLS around for the last 20 minutes of the game.

2 hours ago, mje44 said:

Stop talking about shit that you don't know about. Your not giving an honest assessment what so ever. 

CDM"s OLine goes 6'2 280 , 6'4 250 , 6'4 230, 6'4 230, 6'2 240. (6'6' 250 TE 4star Washington commit)

I've watched Shadow Creek multiple times. They are a good team. It would be a good game. 

Yes, they would probably beat Corona Del Mar due to the number of athletes SC has. Our defense would have trouble and would get worn down as the game progresses. I'd go 42-35 Shadow Creek. 

But Shadow Creeks defense would have major problems too. CDM's aerial game is incredibly challenging for any defense regardless of how many athletes they have.

I guarantee you took one look at the skin color of the kids and automatically associated them with slow. That's lazy and incorrect. 

I will say that Corona Del Mar has a significant coaching advantage and plays with way more discipline. 

Funny how I can put my bias aside to make an honest assessment (CDM is my alma mater & I literally admitted that top 50 is generous). While you cannot. 

You couldn't be more wrong with this comment..  I've seen many teams around the State of Texas that were mostly "White kids" over the years that ended up being State Champs on every level and actually beat teams that had a few more "Blue Chip Prospects" on them.

I say that Corona Del Mar is slow because I don't see much overall TEAM SPEED with them.   But the biggest reason that I don't believe Corona Del Mar would last long with the better Texas 5A's is the level of interior line play on both sides of the ball.   Corona Del Mar lacks in overall size on the interior line (both sides of the ball).

But... going with your own assumption that Shadow Creek would/maybe/could beat Corona Del Mar something like 42-35..   Well, that's about like Shadow Creek beat Richmond Foster last week.

9 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I could care less what you think.  Stop being in any Texas threads. You hurt my feelings

Some soft ass people

Oh you care, that’s why YOU feel it’s important to share your thoughts about TX5A every 2-3 years.  

Things will settle down and in a few years you’ll dust off the same points and cite Aledo and Amat and think you’re making home runs.  It’s like clock work with you.  

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Oh you care, that’s why YOU feel it’s important to share your thoughts about TX5A every 2-3 years.  

Things will settle down and in a few years you’ll dust off the same points and cite Aledo and Amat and think you’re making home runs.  It’s like clock work with you.  

I didn't bring up the issue.  I put my 2 cents in and you cried wolf. Like always

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I didn't bring up the issue.  I put my 2 cents in and you cried wolf. Like always

Your 2 cents.  More like a $1.50.  You’ve been babbling from day one, even offering old 5A h2h results that you obviously had archived for such a moment.   

Talk about TX obsession, but what’s odd is I offered you to engage in normal convo with us about 5A and predicting sleepers and semi finalists ...and you declined. Obvious agenda you got going on.

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I'm gonna be honest with you guys.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody as inept at this message board stuff than TexasFrog.

Just look in the mirror to find your answer to that. 
I just read through 4 or 5 pages of your incessant drivel. That was utter nonsense. I felt my IQ dropping as I was reading through that crap. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

You couldn't be more wrong with this comment..  I've seen many teams around the State of Texas that were mostly "White kids" over the years that ended up being State Champs on every level and actually beat teams that had a few more "Blue Chip Prospects" on them.

I say that Corona Del Mar is slow because I don't see much overall TEAM SPEED with them.   But the biggest reason that I don't believe Corona Del Mar would last long with the better Texas 5A's is the level of interior line play on both sides of the ball.   Corona Del Mar lacks in overall size on the interior line (both sides of the ball).

But... going with your own assumption that Shadow Creek would/maybe/could beat Corona Del Mar something like 42-35..   Well, that's about like Shadow Creek beat Richmond Foster last week.

That's just not true though. & I have a right to be skeptical of your opinion when you say things like "their line averages 5'11 210 max". That's a flat out lie. 

There defensive front 7 has made a living off of being quick and fundamentally sound. If you watch them play they have perfect pursuit angles and get 11 dudes to the ball every play. They flow very well to the ball. Its sound assignment football. There secondary would get burned by Shadow Creek. No doubt, but I think thats the only unit that would be considered slow in comparison to them. The defensive front 7 would have a tough time because of there size, not there speed.

Offensively they are not slow at all. They have 3 skill guys that can score at any spot on the field. 2 of those guys are legit 4.6's and Bradley Schlom is in the high 4.4's. I hate to reference passing league (especially as a Californian), but it does give you an overall sense of speed at skill position and Corona Del Mar almost won the most competitive 7v7 tourney in SoCal against Bosco. Cent10 had no answer for CDM's skill guys and no one considers them slow. 

https://scorebooklive.com/california/top-performers-from-mission-viejo-passing-tournament/

59 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

MJE44..   Let's here your opinion on this one.

Corona Del Mar vs Servite

Corona Del Mar vs  JSERRA

Corona Del Mar vs Mission Viejo

I think CDM loses to Servite & MV.

JSerra is a toss up. CDM got crushed week 0 in 2018 by JSerra, but both are very different teams now. IF CDM could make a few stops on defense then they could win. I fear there size would ware them down in the end. 

46 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Your 2 cents.  More like a $1.50.  You’ve been babbling from day one, even offering old 5A h2h results that you obviously had archived for such a moment.   

Talk about TX obsession, but what’s odd is I offered you to engage in normal convo with us about 5A and predicting sleepers and semi finalists ...and you declined. Obvious agenda you got going on.

Block me

Someone sure is complaining a lot about someone's opinion that doesn't matter to them

19 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Block me

Someone sure is complaining a lot about someone's opinion that doesn't matter to them

I'm freely talking about YOU now and not so much your opinion.  You've always had this opinion, that's not a biggie for those of us that have been around a while.  

I will continue with my life unimpeded by you or your opinions (still watch and enjoy 5A games) and in 2-3 years you'll resurrect this topic again.    

BTW, who you got this weekend, highland park or Lancaster, by how much? 

Have you had a chance to workout your 5AD1/D2 semifinalists?  Who you got? 

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

Shadow Creeks route concepts and passing tree is not even close to the same level of complexity of CDM's. Most of CDM's pass plays have multiple progressions and a checkdown where SC's QB would make 1 read and then scramble or take off right away. He did have a bigtime arm and was athletic though. 

I didn't see any RPO from SC, where CDM runs RPO plays with different reads/options off of it. SC's OL was big and physical but there pad level went straight up off the snap and they didn't move up to backers very well. CDM does that flawlessly. 

My sample size of Shadow Creek is small, but that is what my honest eyes saw. 

CDM's staff is about as well respected as you will find in California. The HC, DC, & OC all coached under Negro when he was at Trubucco Hills and 2 of there assistants have been picked up by Mater Dei as of recent. I'd take CDM's staff over 99% of teams in America. 

22 minutes ago, mje44 said:

I didn't see anything like this from Shadow Creek. (I know, I know. This team we are playing is trash) 

Shadow Creek QB (Drones) probably won't be a 4-STar QB recruit.  He'll probably be a 3 Star Dual-Threat prospect starting next year.   He can throw and run and Shadow Creek has  better running game than Corona Del Mar.  

You can have a advanced Passing-Tree if you don't have pressure in your face much.   Shadow Creek along with many other Texas 5A's would be able to get pressure in Garbers face.   They have those type of athletes on defense.  Not just Shadow Creek but all the top tier Texas 5A's.

1 hour ago, mje44 said:

That's just not true though. & I have a right to be skeptical of your opinion when you say things like "their line averages 5'11 210 max". That's a flat out lie. 

There defensive front 7 has made a living off of being quick and fundamentally sound. If you watch them play they have perfect pursuit angles and get 11 dudes to the ball every play. They flow very well to the ball. Its sound assignment football. There secondary would get burned by Shadow Creek. No doubt, but I think thats the only unit that would be considered slow in comparison to them. The defensive front 7 would have a tough time because of there size, not there speed.

Offensively they are not slow at all. They have 3 skill guys that can score at any spot on the field. 2 of those guys are legit 4.6's and Bradley Schlom is in the high 4.4's. I hate to reference passing league (especially as a Californian), but it does give you an overall sense of speed at skill position and Corona Del Mar almost won the most competitive 7v7 tourney in SoCal against Bosco. Cent10 had no answer for CDM's skill guys and no one considers them slow. 

https://scorebooklive.com/california/top-performers-from-mission-viejo-passing-tournament/

Slow as a team... You want to reference a couple of WR's basically..  Teams like Shadow Creek have many kids that can run those speed (4.6, 4.5 and probably hit 4.4).    When I say that Corona Del Mar is slow.  I mean an entire team.   (Offense/Defense).

They aren't as fast as Texas 5A's like Lufkin, Lancaster, Fort Bend Marshall and many others.

Fort Bend Marshall might be the fastest team in America.   Sorry no good Texas 5A.