Super Teams

Sammyswordsman

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In that case, how much longer to you expect Alumbaugh to hang around?  He's a young guy and certainly is ambitious as well.  Why would he stay at DLS under your scenario?  

Once Alumbaugh leaves, Lad and Eidison will leave and then its Buh Bye DLS.

This program is on life support and will either need to get relevant or the program will dissolve.

Life support?  Where are they ranked this year?  And pretty much every year?  Coach Baugh will not be going anywhere anytime soon.  Y'all just really don't get the whole honor and turning boys into good men thing do you?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In that case, how much longer to you expect Alumbaugh to hang around?  He's a young guy and certainly is ambitious as well.  Why would he stay at DLS under your scenario?  

This program is on life support and will either need to get relevant or the program will dissolve.

DLS is not a program where coaches are going to go to get to the next level or whatever... Since JA is not only a HSFB coach, but also a Teacher and a Mentor to the Kids there, I don't see him going anywhere... He has a pretty dam good gig, living in a beautiful area with a Young family...

DLS will be just fine, they will always be relevant, Lad will eventually retire, but JA isn't going anywhere... :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

DLS is not a program where coaches are going to go to get to the next level or whatever... Since JA is not only a HSFB coach, but also a Teacher and a Mentor to the Kids there, I don't see him going anywhere... He has a pretty dam good gig, living in a beautiful area with a Young family...

DLS will be just fine, they will always be relevant, Lad will eventually retire, but JA isn't going anywhere... :) 

JA will be the O-line coach at Stanford before he wins another SBG.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Everything doesn’t have to be about the TL either. You shove that stuff down our throats daily with thread after thread.  

Your threads are redundant, we are all aware of how the West coast teams came about.  How many ways can you say “recruiting” anyways?  😉 

Well, the boards have been stale. Primarily because of those teams.

They have closed the discussion. No sense in arguing over second through tenth really. 

This is what they wanted, pump their chests about, and obviously like. 

These boards will be like the stands before long. Empty. 

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SoCal is fortunate that DLS doesn't do the transfer thing because if they did get the best players from the area they wouldn't lose with their system.  Then what would SoCal do?  Go back to winning an occasional Open game and losing the rest is what would happen.  

Life support?  Relevant?  Not a bad troll job.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

The 2016 SJB Braves arguably had their most talented group of QBs in the program or any HS program at a single time. 

Back ups

3 star Jake Alexander - played Ivy League ball

4 star Joey Yellen - QB2 at Arizona State

5 star DJ - Future stud QB for Clemson

and then 

Real Mitchell, the 3 star starter. 

I thought DJ should have been a starter sooner but still have Real in wildcat formations.  There was so much they could have done that would have given every team nightmares on how to defend them.  Just get him the ball in space and even have him throw some but just as a drop back qb.  But it was not to be I guess and that is on Real and Negro.  

I could be totally wrong as I have zero insight as to what was happening with the team.  I definitely think that Negro or whoever calls the plays didn't take advantage of his skill set, esp against STA.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I thought DJ should have been a starter sooner but still have Real in wildcat formations.  There was so much they could have done that would have given every team nightmares on how to defend them.  Just get him the ball in space and even have him throw some but just as a drop back qb.  But it was not to be I guess and that is on Real and Negro.  

I could be totally wrong as I have zero insight as to what was happening with the team.  I definitely think that Negro or whoever calls the plays didn't take advantage of his skill set, esp against STA.

That's exactly what should have happened. I don't know with 100% certainty, but what I've heard is that once it was clear that Re'al would be at best splitting reps with DJ he got "injured" and that was that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

The OC was Chad Johnson, now the HC at St. Mission Viejo. He was a childhood friend of mine. We won CIF as players at El Toro.

I absolutely agree with you. However, in his defense that O worked brilliantly vs. everybody but elite national-level teams. So an entire overhaul of the offense for a couple games per year is a little overkill. However, 100% agree that some wrinkles vs. those elite teams like you described would have been perfect.

I would have just made Real a slot WR. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

The OC was Chad Johnson, now the HC at St. Mission Viejo. He was a childhood friend of mine. We won CIF as players at El Toro.

I absolutely agree with you. However, in his defense that O worked brilliantly vs. everybody but elite national-level teams. So an entire overhaul of the offense for a couple games per year is a little overkill. However, 100% agree that some wrinkles vs. those elite teams like you described would have been perfect.

I would have just made Real a slot WR. 

Dang how young are you kats?  The bowl games didn't start that long ago.  

• Like 1