Super Teams

Sammyswordsman

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How many are going to get their ring and go back to their home district school to graduate this year? 

None, MD will not be lied to again. It came down to the parents deciding where there kid was going to go to school. And things didn’t quite work out the way they planned. As much as you want to believe Dollars and Cridell were not recruited. Their parents decided they wanted better competition for their kids to better prepare for college football. The kids came in January of Junior year, MD told them they would not be able to graduate early (as both were already committed to a college) once the Fall semester was over, after football season, both families pulled the boys and enrolled them in a homeschool program take a test and graduate early and be ready for Spring football at their perspective colleges. Unfortunately, the colleges would not accept a diploma from the homeschool program, for whatever reason. Therefore the boys had no other choice but to go back to their public high school. And they weren’t able to start college in the Spring. Reality is they thought they could outsmart the system, ultimately making MD look really bad, “renting mercenaries”, but it was the parents. As much as you hate transfers PARENTS ARE GOING TO DO WHAT THEY THINK IS BEST FOR THEIR KID. There is a lot of 💩 spoken about MD and y’all can believe what you want most of it is only half truths. Dollars and Cridell were not huge difference makers on the 2018 team. Hell Cridell didn’t even play in the last game because of disciplinary reasons.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

I figured this would get turned to the parents. It may have been them, but, at the end of the day, MD did not care enough to do due diligence. They wanted a state chip and MNC and they let those kids rape the system so as to further the chance they could. One could say they were wide open for it. Only when folks brought it up after the season, did suddenly MD admit it wasn't savory. 

The CIF apparently found nothing smelly either. 

It's easy to pass culpability to the parents for working the system. It's the go to move when these types of things happen. Doesn't change the fact it happened and nothing was done. Business as usual. 

Some of the posters on this board played the na-na-na-boo-boo card after it came to light also. Posting the polls and articles about winning the ship after all of that. To me that is a "shrug it off" as unimportant. As long as they got the rings and trophies. 

Well, the spotlighting it side of it comes with it too.

Today, the polls promote this type of activity by cosigning it. They're tripping over themselves scrambling to be the first to rank a team like that preseason number 1. 

Grayson did the same thing in Georgia and I don't let them or the GHSA live if down either so don't feel like I'm just picking on MD. 

"We are doing everything we can to stop this from happening again."

Translation: "We are doing everything we can to not get caught at it again." 

The CIF says, "There has to be a culture change first." 

Translation: "We don't care if they don't care."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You’ve been wining all year.  Not a good look.  

Colquitt fans were more enjoyable to be around in 2014.   Maybe it’s because y’all actually had a really good team, and were acknowledged as such 

wQNfozC.gif.cf5445b15f71260898bdb51599d2579a.gif

It would be "whining" because I don't like wine. I prefer craft beer or fine whiskey. xD If that's what I'm doing of course. 

The reason the Colquitt fans were more enjoyable for you back then is you were the one on the attack. Today, the tables have turned. 

quote-it-s-tough-at-the-top-it-s-tough-at-the-bottom-but-in-between-you-could-use-them-for-terry-pratchett-112-60-63.jpg.6ca73384577380cd02bbdac09c7bf577.jpg

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I figured this would get turned to the parents. It may have been them, but, at the end of the day, MD did not care enough to do due diligence. They wanted a state chip and MNC and they let those kids rape the system so as to further the chance they could. One could say they were wide open for it. Only when folks brought it up after the season, did suddenly MD admit it wasn't savory. 

The CIF apparently found nothing smelly either. 

It's easy to pass culpability to the parents for working the system. It's the go to move when these types of things happen. Doesn't change the fact it happened and nothing was done. Business as usual. 

Some of the posters on this board played the na-na-na-boo-boo card after it came to light also. Posting the polls and articles about winning the ship after all of that. To me that is a "shrug it off" as unimportant. As long as they got the rings and trophies. 

Well, the spotlighting it side of it comes with it too.

Today, the polls promote this type of activity by cosigning it. They're tripping over themselves scrambling to be the first to rank a team like that preseason number 1. 

Grayson did the same thing in Georgia and I don't let them or the GHSA live if down either so don't feel like I'm just picking on MD. 

"We are doing everything we can to stop this from happening again."

Translation: "We are doing everything we can to not get caught at it again." 

The CIF says, "There has to be a culture change first." 

Translation: "We don't care if they don't care."

The 2 men that strike fear in the hearts of GA coaches

FA9F2AE0-F7BD-41CE-B450-4B4746475A10.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I figured this would get turned to the parents. It may have been them, but, at the end of the day, MD did not care enough to do due diligence. 

It's easy to pass culpability to the parents for working the system. 

Because ultimately it’s the parents decision to make. They came in knowing full well what their intentions were and lied. What due diligence could have been done, a lie detector test as part of the admissions process? Every kid that transfers anywhere is trying to put themselves in a better position for a scholarship and do you fault the parents for that? And what team is going to deny them? Not one! It was a bad look that MD took them at their word.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Crafty Creator said:

Because ultimately it’s the parents decision to make. They came in knowing full well what their intentions were and lied. What due diligence could have been done, a lie detector test as part of the admissions process? Every kid that transfers anywhere is trying to put themselves in a better position for a scholarship and do you fault the parents for that? And what team is going to deny them? Not one! It was a bad look that MD took them at their word.

I understand that this argument is circular. Some good questions to ask and have answered would be, did these students pay full tuition for their few months or were they beneficiaries of free or reduced tuition? 

Would Mater Dei accept a non-athlete normal or poor kid for the same period of time while giving them free or reduced tuition without caring that they intended to play the system? 

Idk. 

I feel like I know the answer for the first and feel certain of the answer that I will get on the latter in the absence of proof. 

I do fault the parents for intentionally playing the system. Isn't that what you, yourself, accused them of? Is that what we should expect responsible parents to teach their kids? 

Also, a lot of teams would deny them due to rules restricting this without moving into their district, and/or moving back. Of course those would be honest schools that intend to follow the rules as written and don't fudge move investigations and that type of stuff by taking advantage of the governing body honor system. 

So, I may also deduce from this that you admit this is likely to happen again as MD has no way to really vet the students. No lie detector. Just trust and the ability to project culpability upon the parents. 

Circular argument. 

The culture and lax transfer rules of the Southern Section are what create these type situations. 

The polls should also shoulder some blame for promoting the culture of and giving advertising for schools that are operating in such a manner under a set of rules that no other schools anywhere in the country are operating by. They are doing this by placing them prominently in their polls and in the face of knowing how different the rules they are operating under are. Also having known about the abuse of the system by parents capitalizing off of such lax rules while the teams they are ranked with would likely forfeit entire seasons over less. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Would Mater Dei accept a non-athlete normal or poor kid for the same period of time while giving them free or reduced tuition without caring that they intended to play the system? 

There is over a 55% chance they received financial aid since that is the stat for the school. 

https://www.materdei.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=70159&type=d&pREC_ID=1061778

the program is for all low income families, I would know I was in the program.  You should donate.

• Like 3

So then what's the big deal that the football players transferred out and graduated at RC? 

If this is apparently acceptable behavior such as that the school would likely give free or reduced tuition regardless of whether the student/parents were intending to leave and graduate at their "home" district, why all the ho humming about MD not letting this happen again in regards to the football program, in spite of not having access to lie detectors? 

It's either acceptable to the point you do no due diligence, because it's the right of the parent to take advantage of the "good heartedness" of the school for athletic reasons, or, it's not acceptable and there is definite intent by the school to have this not happen again because they feel it's not ok. 

How exactly do you stop it from happening, you have to trust people at their word. I would hope these kids come to MD because it’s a great school who happen to have great sports programs.
And YES, MD will accept a student, athlete or not, for free or reduced tuition... and I know this first hand. MD will no longer accept Senior transfers, they had a couple wanting to transfer in (one of which came from another Trinity League school) that was denied admission. Mater Dei is trying to make changes. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'd imagine if not for the full moon aberration in Valdosta earlier this season, then Colquitt would be Top 10 in most polls.

But hey, we stunk it up that night. We are just doing the best we can with those we've got, and trying to win another state championship. The best we could have hoped for was a #4 finish nationally anyways due to the 3 recruiting factories that were guaranteed the top 3 spots before the season ever started.

With all due respect , this year's colquitt is not anywhere near a top 4 team in the country. A fine team, but not elite like that. Do you think colquitt can beat Lowndes  ? 

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

West Coast

We can trace the start of the Super teams to the Bishop Gorman 2014 team (Martel's Soph year).  This team lost alot from the 2013 and looked primed to take a "L".  I watched their game vs a very good Servite team featuring Travis Waller and Equinamious St. Brown.  I fully expected Servite to win this game.

However the team that The Bishop fielded that night was LOADED with transfer talent.  This was the start of their long winning streak.

Servite did everything possible to find and exploit a weakness, but The Bishop simply had No Weakness.   Anywhere.

Some may say that 2013 SJB team was the start of the Super Teams, but I disagree.  The majority of the SJB team that year came up through the program, with a few Lakewood transfer starters sprinkled in due to the LBUSD killing the Lakewood football program.  Some may also say that 2006 Bellevue was a Super team, but they only had 1-2 impact transfers.

After Mater Dei lost three consecutive games, The Stache said he "blew up the program", and built a new model that was more open to accepting transfers.  The Stache had no choice in order to keep up with SJB.  The last Mater Dei homegrown team was in 2016 when they fell short vs. SJB.

From 2015-2019 SJB and Mater Die benefitted from Trinity League transfers coming in from OLU, and  Servite, due to coaching changes and weak head coaches.  With Troy Thomas back at Servite, the Trinity League transfer pipeline will dry up, and impact SJB the most.

My prediction is that over time SJB will drop off first, and battle with Servite for the second spot.  Mater Dei will continue to thrive as long as The Stache is at the helm.

DLS will eventually enter the arms race due to pressure from the Alumni.  There will be sanctimonious guys on this forum that will deny this, but Butter and the football alumni are too competitive to allow DLS's slide to continue much longer.

East Coast

While the So Cal teams somewhat have their hands tied by the CIF, the room and board Academies of IMG and SFA have no such restraints.  It is truly the "Wild West" on the East coast.

If these teams can improve their coaching staffs, and get the kids into the program by their Junior year (rather than SR. year), these programs will rule HS football. 

The South

STA is the likely candidate in the South to get more aggressive in order to maintain their national profile.  This program likes to travel the USA and play the best competition possible.  They will need to harvest the best of the rich Florida

Texas

For decades, Texas was the unchallenged King of HS football, this has changed with the advent of Super Teams. The first whiff of Texas vulnerability to Super Teams, was the loss to Bellevue and also the beatdown that IMG put on DeSoto.  Probably the last Texas team that could play with the Super Teams was the 2013 Kyler Murray led Allen squad.  Despite denials of sanctimonious Texas posters, the coaches are to proud to be kept out of the national conversation.  Look for Top Texas 6a programs to begin playing more high profile OOS games, and even travelling.  The battle for Texas talent will get fierce as transferring becomes more rampant, even taking transfers from OOS.

Come on is that your examples

Trinity Texas proved that an unranked  Texas team can play with a top 5 nationally ranked team when Bellevue a best team ever.- And they were tied at the end of the game LOL

Another time Bellevue had their best team ever they played at 3 loss Katy team that got beat the week before 47-0 and  Bellevue got their ass kicked!

And IMG  against a down DeSoto team that wasn't at the top of their game.

In fact an unranked team Martin beat them just as bad.

Here's  another example you should have used when #1  ranked in the country  DLS  gets beat by an unranked Trinity TX team.🙂

Texas has more than show their mettle.

Texas is the best high school football in the nation top to bottom there are many great teams.

Some of the other little states have like one team that's recruited up that's good remember to pretend their whole States good after that.

Texas don't have to go far to get challenged like these recruited up teams that can't find any competition in their own state.

Can we be real Texas Undisputed best football in the country.

That doesn't mean every now and then recruited up team can't beat one of her best.

You got a little selective memory.

Allen and Katy have never lost against out-of-state team.

And Trinity's beat many of them too.

They might have lost one against the way higher-ranked team but it was close.

Draymond about Texas not good LOL

There are the Undisputed best  HS football state in the country

And most of the time our good teams can be tested by just as good or better teams inside the state tha n a fake recruited up under achieving team.

Some of them good out there and some not so good.

But as a state pound for pound Texas !

I believe last year Texas had the two best in the country.

When they two teams kick ass on Texas like last year they  are usually the best in the real world.

6 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

With all due respect , this year's colquitt is not anywhere near a top 4 team in the country. A fine team, but not elite like that. Do you think colquitt can beat Lowndes  ? 

Yes. 

This team is as loaded as the 2014 team was everywhere except having the two towers on the O-line. 

Still have O-line guys that will play at similar type colleges on Saturday. Ian Brinson went to Lenoir Rhine in NC, Thomas Barry just got an offer to play at St. Andrews University in NC. 

It's almost like the exact same team, except for the coaching change turmoil that it went through this year. 

We honestly are better in the wide receiver positions. We are deeper at rb. 

While I understand there are teams like the ones being promoted in this thread that are above and beyond most anything a public school can put on the field outside of the occasional perfect storm, this Packer team is at virtually the same level as the 2014 team. 

As a fan back then, we were going in at halftime in tight games thinking we have them just where we want them. I'm feeling that same way these days.

Colquitt County is an elite hsfb team. They are not a "super team."

So with all due respect, you must not be paying much attention.

7 hours ago, Crafty Creator said:

How exactly do you stop it from happening, you have to trust people at their word. I would hope these kids come to MD because it’s a great school who happen to have great sports programs.
And YES, MD will accept a student, athlete or not, for free or reduced tuition... and I know this first hand. MD will no longer accept Senior transfers, they had a couple wanting to transfer in (one of which came from another Trinity League school) that was denied admission. Mater Dei is trying to make changes. 

I hate to tow the CIF SS assistant commissioner's line, but, it would involve a culture shift most likely. The CIF isn't willing to say the tough things and/or make the tough moves so, they pushed the culpability to the member schools which would be the Trinity League schools. 

These schools then push it to the parents as if the school has no control over their own admissions process. 

To hear it from y'all, nobody has any control over anything over there. The CIF points at the schools. The schools point fingers at the parents. 

DvjbvJ8UcAEnk5p.jpg.e2077fb052bfb322ecb870ef8b68ff6b.jpg

It's y'all. It's your mess. 

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes. 

This team is as loaded as the 2014 team was everywhere except having the two towers on the O-line. 

Still have O-line guys that will play at similar type colleges on Saturday. Ian Brinson went to Lenoir Rhine in NC, Thomas Barry just got an offer to play at St. Andrews University in NC. 

It's almost like the exact same team, except for the coaching change turmoil that it went through this year. 

We honestly are better in the wide receiver positions. We are deeper at rb. 

While I understand there are teams like the ones being promoted in this thread that are above and beyond most anything a public school can put on the field outside of the occasional perfect storm, this Packer team is at virtually the same level as the 2014 team. 

As a fan back then, we were going in at halftime in tight games thinking we have them just where we want them. I'm feeling that same way these days.

Colquitt County is an elite hsfb team. They are not a "super team."

So with all due respect, you must not be paying much attention.

I do pay attention. They seem to roll through Ga. every year, only to get exposed at year's end.  I don't see it , that they are as good as 2014. That team had that o-line and King.  I guess we'll see, and The topic was " Are they worthy of number 4 in polls " . They are a good team like I said, but to be at #  1 -7 these days, you have to be special. There is no way a special team loses to a Valdosta , giving up 50.