The most competitive playoff bracket in the US?

Las Vegas_JC

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

GA 7A and 6A this year are gonna be Great alot of heavy hitting matchups after RD 1. 

I think 6A is up in the air this year which is why its easily the 2nd best in the state this year. 

Valdosta

Lee County

Dacula 

Allatoona

Are all looking good this year. 

I'll even give John's Creek some Leniency.  I don't think they'll win state but they've been doing what they should do to their weak league and that's blow everyone out... They beat rival Alpharetta convincingly which I didn't expect.... 

But again there's some tougher teams than what they've been playing in region play in the playoffs... 

And 7A... You already know the deal. 

Lowndes

Marietta

Colquitt

Grayson

Archer

Mceachern 

North Gwinnett

7A is deep this year and I'd dare say they best playoff bracket in the nation in terms of both depth and competiveness. 

Who’s your pick for the title game in 7A

what 2 teams??

Milton?

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

what 2 teams??

Milton?

I doubt Milton gets past RD 2 or 3... I don't remember what the brackets look like.... 

But we could very well have a Lowndes vs Colquitt rematch for state finals this year. Both of them are just that good. And that's not to short sell Mceachern,NG,Grayson or Marietta because they're good as well. 

But Historically... Neither of those teams listed have done well against Lowndes or Colquitt in the playoffs.... 

And personally I think NG has been kinda sleep walking because their league isn't what it used to be... So they haven't had a punishing game  since Armwood in week 2. I thought Mill Creek would push em a little but Mill Creek is so far down they're finding fossils... 

And I don't think Marietta can beat A team like Lowndes either. The Lowndes Defense is nasty this year.... 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

what 2 teams??

Milton?

This is going to be a very fun playoff this year.

Now a lot of these seedings arent 100% yet but we can guesstimate on many of them.

Marietta and Colquitt will be the 2 best teams on the left side of the bracket. Theyd meet in the Semis. Other note worthy teams on the left side ... Parkview, Hillgrove, Archer,  Camden, and either Mill Creek or Collins Hill depending on who wins that game between them this Friday. Milton is also on the left side, although theyll have Marietta in Rd 2 and that probably wont be pretty.

On the right side... Lowndes, Grayson, North Gwinnett, & McEachern.  Those are the A teams on the right side, none of the B teams are worth mentioning because those 4 will dominate.

The Quarterfinals COULD look like this...

Marietta vs. Mill Creek or Collins Hill

Colquitt vs. Archer

Grayson vs. Lowndes

North Gwinnett vs. McEachern

And the Semis could be...

Colquitt vs. Marietta

Lowndes vs. McEachern

Thatd be a very fun Semifinal to see.

Lowndes having to beat Grayson, McEachern(or North Gwinnett), and Colquitt (or Marietta) will be tough.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

This is going to be a very fun playoff this year.

Now a lot of these seedings arent 100% yet but we can guesstimate on many of them.

Marietta and Colquitt will be the 2 best teams on the left side of the bracket. Theyd meet in the Semis. Other note worthy teams on the left side ... Parkview, Hillgrove, Archer,  Camden, and either Mill Creek or Collins Hill depending on who wins that game between them this Friday. Milton is also on the left side, although theyll have Marietta in Rd 2 and that probably wont be pretty.

On the right side... Lowndes, Grayson, North Gwinnett, & McEachern.  Those are the A teams on the right side, none of the B teams are worth mentioning because those 4 will dominate.

The Quarterfinals COULD look like this...

Marietta vs. Mill Creek or Collins Hill

Colquitt vs. Archer

Grayson vs. Lowndes

North Gwinnett vs. McEachern

And the Semis could be...

Colquitt vs. Marietta

Lowndes vs. McEachern

Thatd be a very fun Semifinal to see.

Lowndes having to beat Grayson, McEachern(or North Gwinnett), and Colquitt (or Marietta) will be tough.

28 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I doubt Milton gets past RD 2 or 3... I don't remember what the brackets look like.... 

But we could very well have a Lowndes vs Colquitt rematch for state finals this year. Both of them are just that good. And that's not to short sell Mceachern,NG,Grayson or Marietta because they're good as well. 

But Historically... Neither of those teams listed have done well against Lowndes or Colquitt in the playoffs.... 

And personally I think NG has been kinda sleep walking because their league isn't what it used to be... So they haven't had a punishing game  since Armwood in week 2. I thought Mill Creek would push em a little but Mill Creek is so far down they're finding fossils... 

And I don't think Marietta can beat A team like Lowndes either. The Lowndes Defense is nasty this year.... 

Atleast it’s competitive ,

the SPP coach who is like the President of the league, tweaked  the seeding so PC plays SJR, BC vs Bosco on the left side so winner of BC vs Bosco has to play joes before they get to finals, while on the right bracket Peters plays some rinky dink South Jersey private’s thru out the playoffs  and automatically you know their in the State Championship so N.J.s Big boy title game this year will be SJR,BC, Or Bosco Vs St Peters Prep

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Atleast it’s competitive ,

the SPP coach who is like the President of the league, tweaked  the seeding so PC plays SJR, BC vs Bosco on the left side so winner of BC vs Bosco has to play joes before they get to finals, while on the right bracket Peters plays some rinky dink South Jersey private’s thru out the playoffs  and automatically you know their in the State Championship so N.J.s Big boy title game this year will be SJR,BC, Or Bosco Vs St Peters Prep

SPP baffles me... Why don't they go play MD,STA or something... 

9 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I’m kind of confused about the WCAC.

A) the teams in this conference are undoubtedly the best teams from the states of Maryland and Washington DC. Sans St Frances. 

B) But the WCAC champ is not considered as a state champion of either state. Is that correct? 

Can either you or @NicholasMalibu explain this. 

True...Maryland has a public school only state championship. DC has public school championship and some kind of invitational tournament but SJC and Gonzaga are not a part of it (they are seen as too strong).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Yes that’s correct. 

I would defer to @Wooderson at this point. He has a better understanding of their system in the coming years. 

Participation in the Open was based entirely on the AIA's algorithm that assessed teams based on schedule strength, margin of victory (capped at 14 points), and other factors. It does not account for variance between conferences, so a win over a 7-3 4A squad counts largely the same as a win over a 7-3 6A squad (with some variation for individual opponent strength). There's no guarantee that every Open bracket moving forward will have the same breakdown of teams from each conference but it seems like it would be a decent bet that similar outcomes would result every year.

I'm not a fan of this iteration of the Open as the seeding did no favors for the top two seeds (Chandler and Centennial) as those teams open against an Ohio State-bound quarterback and Jerry Rice's kid while the 4A schools will see the second-string quarterbacks for Pinnacle and Horizon, though I'll admit that's hard to control for. I have a bigger issue with the fact that four very good to great teams are going to see their season end in the first round while multiple four loss teams will advance based on favorable first round matchups in the other brackets (see Perry and Liberty). Beyond that when you have two squads near the top of the 6A and 5A brackets that were each a one-point loss away from going undefeated I think there's still a case to be made that those schools would have a case for overall Arizona #1 if someone not named Chandler wins the Open. I don't think an undisputed Arizona #1 is truly crowned until you extend the Open field to 16.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Right, the subject of your thread is "most competitive playoff bracket", not which playoff does the best job of putting all of the top teams in a single bracket. This is why I called out CIFS D2 and not CiFSS D1. As you rightly point out D1 won't be competitive. As for AZ, there's probably a 75% chance Chandler wins despite all of the best teams being in that bracket. You want to take a stab at who wins CIFSS D2?

I'm pulling for 3-7 Santa Marijuana just because they're 3-7 lol

The thing is, looking at the bracket, they're not like a 16 in the old D1. 

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

GA 7A and 6A this year are gonna be Great alot of heavy hitting matchups after RD 1. 

I think 6A is up in the air this year which is why its easily the 2nd best in the state this year. 

Valdosta

Lee County

Dacula 

Allatoona

Are all looking good this year. 

I'll even give John's Creek some Leniency.  I don't think they'll win state but they've been doing what they should do to their weak league and that's blow everyone out... They beat rival Alpharetta convincingly which I didn't expect.... 

But again there's some tougher teams than what they've been playing in region play in the playoffs... 

And 7A... You already know the deal. 

Lowndes

Marietta

Colquitt

Grayson

Archer

Mceachern 

North Gwinnett

7A is deep this year and I'd dare say they best playoff bracket in the nation in terms of both depth and competiveness. 

Probably wanna include Dalton and Harrison for 6A

18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

5A is good but it's not deep. 5A has about 7 threats this year: 

Warner robins

Buford 

Rome 

Carrollton (Beat Rome to get #1 seed) 

Jones County 

Dutchtown 

Veterans

I think the 7a bracket and 5a are the most entertaining brackets. Don't know why, but I have a feeling that a team flying under the radar is gonna get hot and shock the world....kinda like how milton did last year. 

16 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I think the 7a bracket and 5a are the most entertaining brackets. Don't know why, but I have a feeling that a team flying under the radar is gonna get hot and shock the world....kinda like how milton did last year. 

Biggest problem with 6A is you know whose heads and shoulders above the competition

On 11/5/2019 at 5:38 AM, NicholasMalibu said:

A.) You’re correct. If you were to rank the top 5 teams in MD/DC it would without question be SFA and the 4 WCAC teams(DeMatha, Gonzaga, St. John’s College, and Good Counsel). The WCAC has three teams in northern Virginia, but they opted out of playing the top 4 in football. A team to watch out for is St. Mary’s Ryken from southern Maryland. They will probably move into the top division very soon and replace Bishop McNamara. They have a great HC in former Gonzaga/Malvern Prep(PA) Brady, and almost took out GC this year. 

B.) Maryland public schools refuse to merge with the private schools for a state playoff. It’s an awkward situation. The WCAC schools(DeMatha and Good Counsel) in Maryland plus SFA do not play for a state championship and it’s a shame. The DC WCAC schools(Gonzaga and St. John’s) are not allowed to play in the DC state championship due to fear of injury. They are the only two schools in DC that are banned from playoff play. 

Remember that the WCAC is split into two divisions - Capital (SJC, GZ, DM, OLGC, and McNamara) and Metro (Ryken, Paul VI, Carroll, Bishop Ireton, and O'Connell).  They did not opt out to play the Capital division.  In fact, if you look at their schedules, they played teams from the Capital division this year and hopefully that will continue and increase.  Ryken will not leave the Metro division anytime soon, unless they are looking to become the McNamara of the Capital division.  Don't have the talent to play at that level and location is a big issue for them in recruiting. 

• Thanks 1