The most competitive playoff bracket in the US?

Las Vegas_JC

17 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I believe that they were kicked out of their league after the 2018 season. And are not a MIAA league member. Only state champs are invited to these post season bowl games. 

SFA didn’t win any state championship last year and still got invited to play GA state champ Lee Co. Is the state championship now a requirement for Geico? 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They weren’t kicked out. The teams in their league all decided to forfeit their games vs SFA making them the 2019 defacto league champs. This season and going forward, SFA is officially an Independent team, which precludes them from participating. 

Sounds like the Trinity League in a few years 😛

18 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They weren’t kicked out. The teams in their league all decided to forfeit their games vs SFA making them the 2019 defacto league champs. This season and going forward, SFA is officially an Independent team, which precludes them from participating. 

They were kicked out, please so me were there is a forfeit to SFA on the schedule?

Calvert Hall 2018 Football Schedule

Mascot

Cardinals

Team

Varsity 2018

Colors

Cardinal, Gold
Coach

Donald Davis

Address

8102 Lasalle Rd, Baltimore, MD 21286
Overall

12-1

Region

3-1

National Rank

State (MD) Rank

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Full Calendar
Home Away Neut Win % PF PA Strk
7-0 3-1 2-0 .923 380 146 7W
Date Opponent Result
8/2510:54p
(W) 30 - 0
8/317:00p
(W) 37 - 7
9/77:00p
(W) 19 - 14
9/147:00p
(W) 23 - 13
9/217:00p
(W) 43 - 6Play video icon

9/29TBA
(L) 21 - 7
10/56:00p
(W) 34 - 24Play video icon

10/127:00p
Game Details: Homecoming
(W) 21 - 7
10/267:00p
(W) 16 - 10
11/26:00p
(W) 58 - 0
11/86:00p
Game Details: Game will be played at Good Counsel HS
(W) 17 - 16
11/175:00p
Game Details: Christian Schools Invitational Final
(W) 35 - 21Play video icon

11/2210:00a
Game Details: Towson U.

18 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Let me correct myself, you're right they weren't kicked out.  SFA declined to provide proof of age of all transfers which is an MIAA league rule, so they choose to go independent.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

That would be a good matchup, provided CC can get by Lone Peak. 

Corner Canyon already beat Lone Peak this year and based on similar opponents I don't see this being a close game.  Lone Peak lost to American Fork 26-21 and CC beat American Fork 59-28. I think Corner Canyon is the new King in Utah High school football...well at least for this year.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, eddiev said:

Corner Canyon already beat Lone Peak this year and based on similar opponents I don't see this being a close game.  Lone Peak lost to American Fork 26-21 and CC beat American Fork 59-28. I think Corner Canyon is the new King in Utah High school football...well at least for this year.

Lone Peak vs Corner Canyon was a close game this year. CC scored a touchdown with about 1 minute left in the game to squeak by. LP can beat them. 

16 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Lone Peak vs Corner Canyon was a close game this year. CC scored a touchdown with about 1 minute left in the game to squeak by. LP can beat them. 

I don't doubt that its possible but based on performances after that game I have to give the edge to Corner Canyon.

3 hours ago, eddiev said:

I still feel like Lone Peak is the better team. I don't know how, but they lost that game to Corner Canyon in the last 2 minutes after kicking their ass all game. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I still feel like Lone Peak is the better team. I don't know how, but they lost that game to Corner Canyon in the last 2 minutes after kicking their ass all game. 

Again after LP and CC played. Lone peak lost to Skyridge  22-21 and then lost to American Fork 26-21. Corner Canyon on the other hand went out and beat Skyridge  56-22 and then beat American Fork 59-28. So, when CC and LP played maybe Corner Canyon was just having an off game because clearly after they played each other one team woke up and the other team went to sleep.  I will give Lone peak credit though because they did wake up when it counted (Playoffs) beating Skyridge 30-6 in the first round. 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Forced to go Independent since the other MIAA teams refuse to schedule them. You think they enjoy scheduling 10 OOS opponents annually? Keep in mind that SFA still competes within the MIAA in other sports. 

When you say other sports you mean one basketball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddiev said:

Again after LP and CC played. Lone peak lost to Skyridge  22-21 and then lost to American Fork 26-21. Corner Canyon on the other hand went out and beat Skyridge  56-22 and then beat American Fork 59-28. So, when CC and LP played maybe Corner Canyon was just having an off game because clearly after they played each other one team woke up and the other team went to sleep.  

Lone Peak was made aware of their ineligible player just after the CC loss. I’m sure that the team lost some of their morale when they realized that potential penalties were coming down soon. And coupled with the loss. 

• Like 1

The most competitive bracket probably is the WCAC 4 team playoff lol 

https://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/zOqlDgSlEeqAzqREozo6lw/zOqlIgSlEeqAzqREozo6lw/football-fall-19/2019-maryland-high-school-football-playoff-brackets--wcac-capital.htm

All 4 teams have  played each other in League play and every game was decided by TD or less 

I think California should have 2 team bracket and make it best 2 of 3 (MD vs SJB) :) 

The best playoff bracket IMHO is 

6A Div 1 Region 3.  This region is loaded it takes 4 wins to get out of the region and leads to 2 more really tough games in the semi final and state championship.

The combined record of all 16 teams in this region 134w - 24L  - thats 8 wins average per team  

Region 3 D1 includes all the district champions from the 8 districts in the region.

The highlight in region 3 is 3rd Round match up between Katy and North Shore.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, Las Vegas_JC said:

Lone Peak was made aware of their ineligible player just after the CC loss. I’m sure that the team lost some of their morale when they realized that potential penalties were coming down soon. And coupled with the loss. 

Lone Peak lost to Corner Canyon 34-7

• Like 1