How in the world is GA the #4 team in the CFP!? Embarrassing!

frankyjames

1 minute ago, mje44 said:

Oregon has as passionate of a fanbase as there is out there.

Autzen stadium is as loud as it gets and literally had a 17year sellout streak

SEC bubble reminds me of the Hollywood bubble. Ignorant. 

I expect them to have a fan base but most of 5he country doesnt watch their games. 

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And 2/3 of the nation doesnr care about pac 12 and doesnt watch them all year 

Wouldn't the networks want Oregon in if it was up to them? That 2/3 of the country would be watching anyway.

That's 109million viewers they would potentially lose out on $$$ 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Wouldn't the networks want Oregon in if it was up to them? That 2/3 of the country would be watching anyway.

That's 109million viewers they would potentially lose out on $$$ 

No because they can hype alabama ohio state so much more than Ohio state oregon.

I'll stick to my guns until I'm proven wrong by the committee but I think alabama gets in esp if utah beats oregon

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

A 1-loss Pac-12 Conference Champion from a conference where everyone ends up with 5 or 6 losses over  (11-1) Alabama who lost to LSU by 5 points!!!!!!!

Nice thinking, concha! 😄

Get back with me when that happens.

Didn't you guys try this same shit with Washington in 2016?

2016 Washington team was probably the 3rd best team in the country that year. 

Washington played Bama way tougher than Ohio State played Clemson.

There was a huge drop off after Clemson/Bama that year, but Washington was 100% worthy. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, concha said:

Alabama's resume this year:

Zero wins of any quality.

Losing at home to LSU in manners similar to Texas* and Auburn**.

* Texas has 3 losses, including a recent loss to 4-5 TCU,  and barely beat Kansas (3-6), Kansas St (6-3) and Oklahoma St. (6-3)

**Auburn has two losses and still has to face Georgia and Bama (and Samford...).  They also have three close calls including a recent close game versus 4-6 Ole Miss.

you should be rooting for them so you can say you were right on September 1st that the Pac12 was already eliminated

26 minutes ago, RedZone said:

A 1-loss Pac-12 Conference Champion from a conference where everyone ends up with 5 or 6 losses over  (11-1) Alabama who lost to LSU by 5 points!!!!!!!

Nice thinking, concha! 😄

Get back with me when that happens.

Didn't you guys try this same shit with Washington in 2016?

An 11-1 Alabama who won't win the SEC CG or their Division...  

The Quality Loss BS doesn't work when you're not in the driver's seat... 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No because they can hype alabama ohio state so much more than Ohio state oregon.

I'll stick to my guns until I'm proven wrong by the committee but I think alabama gets in esp if utah beats oregon

The CFP will have hype regardless of who is in. The CFB season is 13 weeks of hype leading up to the CFP. 

Most in the South would watch anyway. Most on the West Coast would not if a Pac 12 team isn't in. 

USC during the early 2000s brought the networks millions $$$ by catching all of the West Coast eyeballs. Thats why you hear every College Football Analyst on TV say "Its better for CFB when the west coast is competitive" aka we make more $$$

18 minutes ago, mje44 said:

2016 Washington team was probably the 3rd best team in the country that year. 

Washington played Bama way tougher than Ohio State played Clemson.

There was a huge drop off after Clemson/Bama that year, but Washington was 100% worthy. 

Exactly

Redzone tries to fan the butterfly effect for SEC teams the same way @Sammyswordsman does for the Trinity League

Just because Bama has been a dominant team doesn't mean Kentucky beats Oregon St or that the SEC has ANOTHER team worthy to be in CFB

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mje44 said:

The CFP will have hype regardless of who is in. The CFB season is 13 weeks of hype leading up to the CFP. 

Most in the South would watch anyway. Most on the West Coast would not if a Pac 12 team isn't in. 

USC during the early 2000s brought the networks millions $$$ by catching all of the West Coast eyeballs. Thats why you hear every College Football Analyst on TV say "Its better for CFB when the west coast is competitive" aka we make more $$$

Sounds like common sense to me.  

53 minutes ago, Pops said:

Redzone tries to fan the butterfly effect for SEC teams

The problem is NOT the SEC....we have 3 of the Top 5 teams currently.

THE PROBLEM is the weak-ass Pac-12 and ACC this year battling it out to even qualify as a Power-5 Conference.

The Founding Fathers of the College Football Playoffs NEVER NEVER saw this coming.....look for major changes.

Butterfly that...

• Thumbs Down 2

I get the "world" doesn't want 1-loss Gump in the playoffs (doesn't matter to me really), but if a 1-loss team is going to knock Gump out of the College Playoffs it should be a 1-loss team with some damn juice from a powerful league.

Not an Oregon whose claim to fame is beating 8 or 9 Pac-12 teams with 5 and 6 losses (several by a only a couple points) and another midget in a Pac-12 Title game with the same damn claim....

Don't take your frustrations out on Gump and the SEC..

• Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I get the "world" doesn't want 1-loss Gump in the playoffs (doesn't matter to me really), but if a 1-loss team is going to knock Gump out of the College Playoffs it should be a 1-loss team with some damn juice from a powerful league.

Not an Oregon whose claim to fame is beating 8 or 9 Pac-12 teams with 5 and 6 losses (several by a only a couple points) and another midget in a Pac-12 Title game with the same damn claim....

Don't take your frustrations out on Gump and the SEC..

Atleast Oregon would have a Conference Championship under their belt... 

Everything you just said about Oregon could be said about Bama this year... 

Oregon lost to the best team they've played 

Bama lost to the best team they played.... 

Oregon has wins over multiple loss teams.... 

Alabama is the same... 

The only difference is one will have a conference championship and the other won't.... 

And also your lying through your teeth.... 

Because if you didn't care you wouldn't be defending Bama getting in the 4th spot.... 

26 minutes ago, RedZone said:

THE PROBLEM is the weak-ass Pac-12 and ACC this year battling it out to even qualify as a Power-5 Conference.

There is no battle between the 2 conferences. 

Pac 12 is (7-5) in non conference games against P5 teams with 2 teams in the top 10. Wins include SEC, Big10, & Big 12 teams.

Clemson is (3-9) in non conference games against P5 teams with 2 of those wins being Clemson.

ESPN has Pac 12 as a conference ranked hiigher than the Big12. 

Where exactly are you coming up with this idea that the Pac 12 is significantly worse than every conference? Your ideas simply don't align with reality. 

• Like 1

I saw this coming 2 months ago when I did is the "AAC stronger than the ACC thread, something like that".....could have been the Pac-12, just as weak if not weaker.

IT's very possible that the Pac-12 has 10 teams with 6 losses this year leaving Oregon and Utah as the tallest midgets.....I just don't know how's that possible really...

• Thumbs Down 2