How in the world is GA the #4 team in the CFP!? Embarrassing!

frankyjames

I've watched a lot of LSU games in my life, but that was probably THE worst defensive performance I've ever witnessed in that 2nd half yesterday. I can't even explain it. Don't even want to try. 

Up 31-7 at halftime.......end up winning 58-37.

One of those wins you just don't feel all that great about.

Joe Burrow may have locked up  The Heisman yesterday though.

32/42 489 yds 5 TDs......did throw a couple picks though. 

On 11/13/2019 at 3:46 PM, 954gator said:

Well when you consider Auburn being the only loss Oregon has I think it ties into the argument.   Don't you?

Bama is lucky that Auburn has that win honestly.    

No one ever mentions that Oregon was playing Auburn without 4 of their  top  receivers. All were hurt, but I think all have come back by now

• Like 3

On 11/13/2019 at 10:37 AM, frankyjames said:

This is such an embarrassment. 

They lost to South Carolina AT HOME! Signature win is against an EXTREMELY overrated ND team.

Committee should be ashamed trying to appease the South!

Today's Male is back, and I'm rooting for his team.

They're just trying to hype the SEC Championship game.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

I've watched a lot of LSU games in my life, but that was probably THE worst defensive performance I've ever witnessed in that 2nd half yesterday. I can't even explain it. Don't even want to try. 

Up 31-7 at halftime.......end up winning 58-37.

One of those wins you just don't feel all that great about.

Joe Burrow may have locked up  The Heisman yesterday though.

32/42 489 yds 5 TDs......did throw a couple picks though. 

You could tell they were cruising a bit.  Ole Miss' defense is REALLY bad.    

So after watching the games yesterday, here are my takes:

1. At this point, I don't know what to do with Bama now that Tua is done. Hate it for him. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

2. LSU will make the playoff, but will NOT win it all because of their defense.

3. Clemson and Ohio State are the two best teams in the country.

4. Georgia, even with a limited offense, has a really good chance to beat LSU.

5. Minnesota dropped the ball yesterday, but give credit to Iowa.... they really are a tough team at home. They might be the 3rd death valley after LSU and Clemson...lol. 

6. Oklahoma.... nice way to battle back from adversity. They may have a chance to crack the top 4.

7. As far as the Pac12, Utah is the best team. Oregon really didn't impress me against AZ. For Utah's sake, they better continue to win impressively and hope that Oregon continues to win so that they can have a chance to make the playoff......especially with an impressive win over Oregon. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I think it’s because they sucked against Cal and Washington State with those players also

They certainly did not play great against WSU, but they sure looked good in punishing USC in LA when both teams were up for that game. Oregon has that upside ability because they have a lot of talent. Offense is good and can give any defense in country a battle. Really, no one out there reigns supreme. Everyone looks vulnerable, except Ohio State, and that may because they haven't played anyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

They certainly did not play great against WSU, but they sure looked good in punishing USC in LA when both teams were up for that game. Oregon has that upside ability because they have a lot of talent. Offense is good and can give any defense in country a battle. Really, no one out there reigns supreme. Everyone looks vulnerable, except Ohio State, and that may because they haven't played anyone. 

That’s fair. I don’t believe they’re good enough to beat a top five team though 

12 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

That’s fair. I don’t believe they’re good enough to beat a top five team though 

I would've maybe agreed with you, but they showed me something in that USC game that I haven't seen from Oregon in a few years. They had that look they used to have. Maybe their talent guys are rounding into shape after being injured earlier. When you say top 5 I'm sure you mean Clemson, Bama, Lsu, Ga. and Ohio St.  Your probably right on that one, though their is some big chinks in some of those team's game's

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't think that's a true statement....

Some truth. Juwan Johnson & Brendan Schooler were out. Both would have started. So that's 2/3 starters.

Mycah Pittman was out as well. He's a true freshman, but he's probably the most talented WR on the team. 

A backup dropped a wide open pass in the endzone, in which they shanked the FG right after. These 3 injuries had a huge effect on this game. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Some truth. Juwan Johnson & Brendan Schooler were out. Both would have started. So that's 2/3 starters.

Mycah Pittman was out as well. He's a true freshman, but he's probably the most talented WR on the team. 

A backup dropped a wide open pass in the endzone, in which they shanked the FG right after. These 3 injuries had a huge effect on this game. 

I don't know about all that or care really, but 3 of Oregon's Top returning WR's played against Auburn....

Johnny Johnson III (vs Auburn: 7 REC 98 yds)

Jaylon Redd (vs Auburn: 9 REC 64 yds)

Jacob Breeland (vs Auburn: 4 REC 26 yds)

https://goducks.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football&year=2018#individual

Making it sound like Oregon had no WRs at all vs Auburn is pretty weak.

Auburn had a true freshman QB starting his first college game EVER.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 2:49 PM, FootballGuy said:

So after watching the games yesterday, here are my takes:

1. At this point, I don't know what to do with Bama now that Tua is done. Hate it for him. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

2. LSU will make the playoff, but will NOT win it all because of their defense.

3. Clemson and Ohio State are the two best teams in the country.

4. Georgia, even with a limited offense, has a really good chance to beat LSU.

5. Minnesota dropped the ball yesterday, but give credit to Iowa.... they really are a tough team at home. They might be the 3rd death valley after LSU and Clemson...lol. 

6. Oklahoma.... nice way to battle back from adversity. They may have a chance to crack the top 4.

7. As far as the Pac12, Utah is the best team. Oregon really didn't impress me against AZ. For Utah's sake, they better continue to win impressively and hope that Oregon continues to win so that they can have a chance to make the playoff......especially with an impressive win over Oregon. 

Can I ask which game proves that clemson is up there with ohio state? 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Can I ask which game proves that clemson is up there with ohio state? 

Very little drop-off from last year and still dominating besides one game. Lost their d-line, but still doing really good. 

As far as the game I can refer to, that would be the Texas A&M game. Dominated them. A&M scored with 6 seconds left in the game. Other than that, they dominated the aggies. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Very little drop-off from last year and still dominating besides one game. Lost their d-line, but still doing really good. 

As far as the game I can refer to, that would be the Texas A&M game. Dominated them. A&M scored with 6 seconds left in the game. Other than that, they dominated the aggies. 

Ok so one game shows that they are up there with an Ohio state team who has beaten multiple top 25 teams? 

The acc is pretty much dog shit this year to no fault of clemson but imo we have no idea how good clemson is playing since the TAMU game. We do know TL has thrown more INTs this year than last