Louisiana governor vote today

HSFBfan

2 minutes ago, concha said:

1) WC, with all due respect, if you think the MSM is non-partisan and doesn't spin, you either don't pay attention or you are really effing stupid. 

2) Your take that competition makes them honest is hilarious. If anything they have become involved in a race to the left and greater partisanship and hysteria.

3) I must have missed all the "I'll break your legs" and "You'll be swimming with the fishes" references in Trump's tweets. I'm guessing there's loads of "dog whistle" equivalents or something that you folks are so sensitive to?

4) Bribe? Sure I know what a bribe is. This ain't it. Actually, bribe is what the Dems have arrived at after quid pro quo and extortion didn't poll well. Have any of the actual witnesses said they thought there was a bribe?

What I recognize and you don't is that you people have been talking about Trump impeachment before Trump even won the election.  I find it ironic you bringing up recognition of lying and the honesty and non-partisanship of the press, to which I reply (laughing) RUSSIA!!!!.

Obama people were leaving notes that said you will fail for the trump administration. Obama should be regarded as one of the worst presidents to ever sit in the WH

1) WC, with all due respect, if you think the MSM is non-partisan and doesn't spin, you either don't pay attention or you are really effing stupid. 

Never said that they were non-partisan.  They have opinion just like we all do and that is evident in the 'How they say it' category.  The 'What they say' however is fact based.  They don't claim facts based on opinion.  The number of reports saying the same thing should be an indicator that it is indeed likely true.  

2) Your take that competition makes them honest is hilarious. If anything they have become involved in a race to the left and greater partisanship and hysteria.

Competition makes it more likely that the reporting is true and factual.  A little different than saying competition MAKES them honest.  Read the following article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/11/06/blame-fox-not-facebook-for-fake-news/

3) I must have missed all the "I'll break your legs" and "You'll be swimming with the fishes" references in Trump's tweets. I'm guessing there's loads of "dog whistle" equivalents or something that you folks are so sensitive to?

That is just naive.  I do not think you are that simple to really believe someone has to actually say these things in order for their intent to be crystal clear.  

4) Bribe? Sure I know what a bribe is. This ain't it. Actually, bribe is what the Dems have arrived at after quid pro quo and extortion didn't poll well. Have any of the actual witnesses said they thought there was a bribe?

They don't need to say bribe.  Some things are obvious and Trumps intent is clear.  You could call it a shiny penny and it wouldn't change what was happening.  

What I recognize and you don't is that you people have been talking about Trump impeachment before Trump even won the election.  I find it ironic you bringing up recognition of lying and the honesty and non-partisanship of the press, to which I reply (laughing) RUSSIA!!!!.

Never said they were non partisan.  I said they are factual.  

Again, talking about impeachment before he won the election is 1) not true and 2) irrelevant to what is happening right now.  You really should read the Mueller report Concha.  Russia DID  interfere in our election in a sweeping and systematic and serious way.  Regardless of what you think Trumps involvement was, the fact is that Russia did this and nothing has been done to protect our elections.

Do you even remember that Trump said he doesn't see any problem with a foreign government offering information as long as it might help him win an election?  He said he wouldn't even tell the FBI either.  Was that the media's fault Trump made those comments.  Was it there fault that they interviewed Trump and he said it while on camera?  

It's amazing that Trump can come out and openly say these things and none of you guy's give him credit for doing so.  It always someone else fault.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

1) Fact-based commentary could make Hitler look fine.  "Austrian painter and noted orator who fought his way to the top and lowered unemployment for the people while leading efforts to improve the country with great projects like the autobahn...".  You can use facts to effectively lie. Example:  Trumps criticizes MS-13 and calls them animals... the MSM take?  "Trump calls brown people animals". THIS is the media you defend.

2) The "threatening tweets" schtick is just pathetic.  Exactly what "threat" is involved? One wonders if you folks could scrape up a complete pair of testicles amongst you.

3) Bribe...  not going well is it?  Meanwhile, Biden can openly threaten withholding a billion bucks and nothing to see here while his booted-from-the-navy-druggy-doesn't speak Ukrainian-no experience in oil and gas son is raking in millions... The left and the media you seem to admire so much?  "Move along... nothing to see here... some guy heard something 3rd hand about Trump so time to help Pencil Neck since the RUSSIA!!! thing fell apart".

And do you recall that the dossier was funded by the Clinton campaign, put together by a Trump-hating foreign agent and filled with Russia-supplied bullshit while the Clinton Foundation was raking in millions in Russian donations and Bill got $$$ and met with Putin in his dacha? I do.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, concha said:

1) Fact-based commentary could make Hitler look fine.  "Austrian painter and noted orator who fought his way to the top and lowered unemployment for the people while leading efforts to improve the country with great projects like the autobahn...".  You can use facts to effectively lie. Example:  Trumps criticizes MS-13 and calls them animals... the MSM take?  "Trump calls brown people animals". THIS is the media you defend.

2) The "threatening tweets" schtick is just pathetic.  Exactly what "threat" is involved? One wonders if you folks could scrape up a complete pair of testicles amongst you.

3) Bribe...  not going well is it?  Meanwhile, Biden can openly threaten withholding a billion bucks and nothing to see here while his booted-from-the-navy-druggy-doesn't speak Ukrainian-no experience in oil and gas son is raking in millions... The left and the media you seem to admire so much?  "Move along... nothing to see here... some guy heard something 3rd hand about Trump so time to help Pencil Neck since the RUSSIA!!! thing fell apart".

And do you recall that the dossier was funded by the Clinton campaign, put together by a Trump-hating foreign agent and filled with Russia-supplied bullshit while the Clinton Foundation was raking in millions in Russian donations and Bill got $$$ and met with Putin in his dacha? I do.

We have a winner 

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Not yet, but as you can see with the loss of LA and KY chump took, things are a changing brother. 

The Republicans won basically every other office up for election in Kentucky and strengthened their hold in the legislature.

The guy in Louisiana is no change as he is an incumbent.  He actually won by less than in his first election and the Republican was a political newbie.

Plus, I'm pretty sure both these guys are pro-life and pro-gun.  

Thanks for advertising your general lack of understanding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The Republicans won basically every other office up for election in Kentucky and strengthened their hold in the legislature.

The guy in Louisiana is no change as he is an incumbent.  He actually won by less than in his first election and the Republican was a political newbie.

Plus, I'm pretty sure both these guys are pro-life and pro-gun.  

Thanks for advertising your general lack of understanding.

And their boss is a DEMOCRAT!  MUahhhhaaahhhaaaa

2 hours ago, concha said:

Hitler did more for his country than 99% of Democrats 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Was it the 7M-9M German dead and millions of wounded and maimed and raped, or the tens of millions of non-Germans murdered at the hands of the forces he wielded that impress you most?

The bringing back of military strength. The bringing back of the economy. You know the positive aspects. Focus on the positive. 

So you're an "Apart from that , Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?" kinda guy, huh.

Your mind is a seriously troubling place.

Cant always focus on the bad aspects when there were positive aspects of his leadership. I'm not turning a blind eye to what hitler and his regime did. I'm simply pointing out that Germany under him was able to rebound from the consequences of the treat of Versailles that the allies imposed on Germany after WW1. Not everything about Hitlet has to focus on the holocaust. Just like historians can look at other aspects of stalin other than the 10 million plus people he murdered. But if all u would like to focus on is the holocaust than so be it

Hitler achieved notable economic and diplomatic successes during the first five years of his rule. Hitler substantially revived the economy. Unemployment, so pivotal in bringing him to power, had dropped from 6 million to less than 1 million between 1933 and 1937, this at a time when the US was still wallowing in the Depression.

5 hours ago, concha said:

So you're an "Apart from that , Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?" kinda guy, huh.

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Cant always focus on the bad aspects when there were positive aspects of his leadership.

Just like historians can look at other aspects of ….

Interesting Crossed swords here......

I have always said that if you can't see the "good AND the bad" in something (actually everything / no exceptions), then you don't know what you are looking at....

and nothing is all good, or all bad....

go figure.

PS. it is only in recognizing the 'other side' of your own decisions, that you can be confident you made the right one...….

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Maybe wingnut will teach us all about Charles Manson next!

Goody goody!

There is no telling what you might get/see in a trump "Loses in Louisiana" thread!

or you could just be ignorant to the correlation between 'nationalism' and far right extremism...

If you actually want to learn something about how it works...I might suggest this video...

As the rest of the world today is still divided up into nations, nationalism is a must for any group looking to compete on a world stage....but as noted, you must be aware of both the good and the bad.....

or you have no idea what you are looking at....

19 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Have you watched any of the testimony on the impeachment?  I have and I am damn proud that we have people like this working on the behalf of this country.  I haven't seen a shred of partisanship or agenda against Trump.  Just professional people telling the truth as they see it. ...

Brother, 

I've had the testimony playing in my office every day.  Obviously my attention goes in and out depending on job demands.  Been making it a point to watch at least some live testimony from each witness -- No matter who is questioning at the time.

I agree with your sentiment here.  Many of these so-called deep-state witnesses are so impressive -- We are lucky as a nation to have such high caliber people working for us.  As a personal impression, I'd consider it an honor if some of these witnesses worked for me, and I'd consider myself privileged if I worked for them. 

Despite what's being portrayed here in some of the threads, it doesn't help Trump's case that Kurt Volker, one of the Republican's own witnesses, dismissed the claims of corruption by the Biden's as conspiracy theories...Dissembling word definitions is a defense I guess. 

But we American's now occupy two separate information universes.  When I tuned in Hannity (for a bit), it was pretty clear we didn't listen to the same testimony.

IMO this morning's testimony has pizzazz.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Brother, 

I've had the testimony playing in my office every day.  Obviously my attention goes in and out depending on job demands.  Been making it a point to watch at least some live testimony from each witness -- No matter who is questioning at the time.

I agree with your sentiment here.  Many of these so-called deep-state witnesses are so impressive -- We are lucky as a nation to have such high caliber people working for us.  As a personal impression, I'd consider it an honor if some of these witnesses worked for me, and I'd consider myself privileged if I worked for them. 

Despite what's being portrayed here in some of the threads, it doesn't help Trump's case that Kurt Volker, one of the Republican's own witnesses, dismissed the claims of corruption by the Biden's as conspiracy theories...Dissembling word definitions is a defense I guess. 

But we American's now occupy two separate information universes.  When I tuned in Hannity (for a bit), it was pretty clear we didn't listen to the same testimony.

IMO this morning's testimony has pizzazz.

Hey brother, hope all is well.  Yeah this morning was quite pizzazzful.  Sondland was trying to play dumb at times but finally admitted what was previously understood by all with common sense that a bribery took place and aid was held up until Trumps interest were met...or forced to because the scam was uncovered.    

However, since Trump didn't actually say bribe/quid-pro-quo/extortion I guess Trump is innocent.  Lol. His supporters must actually think this crime business is new to him.  

The defense arguments have been all over the place and not one has come close to answering the fundamental question that every American must ask themselves and that is ' Is it ok for a President to ask a foreign country to investigate a US citizen and/or political rival' and ' Is it ok to hold up aid that congress had intended for an ally for personal interest'.  

I'm assuming Trump supporters, after exhausting all excuses, will come to answer those questions with a YES.  It is ok.  Or everything is a lie and never happened...like Russia.  

I would expect nothing less from Fox. Been doing that for years.  I still haven't seen those death panels that was predicted when Obamacare was enacted.  Two different universes indeed.  

Question.  Do you think Nunes and the gang really believe this conspiracy nonsense?  Idk.  I know the citizens who follow the right do.  At least the ones who go shoot up pizza parlors looking for child sex trafficking by Clinton.  She is a wily and elusive mastermind of a criminal though with a long list of bodies trailing behind.  And with the whole right wing establishment looking at everything she has done for 30 years.  She is good.  Or it's all bullshit.

What is a common denominator in all this that every decision that involved Russia in any way seems to always work out in the best interest of Russia.  Trump following a Russian conspiracy down the rabbit hole and some of our elected are going down that hole with him.  

• Like 4