Louisiana governor vote today

HSFBfan

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Question.  Do you think Nunes and the gang really believe this conspiracy nonsense?

Can't say what Devin Nunes really believes, but after listening to his bizarre opening statement this morning, listing off a bunch of charges that although he dismissed as false are actually true...Nunes could very well believe it...We are, after all, talking about a guy who is currently suing a twitter cow.

Devin Nunes is really really not up to this moment.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Can't say what Devin Nunes really believes, but after listening to his bizarre opening statement this morning, listing off a bunch of charges that although he dismissed as false are actually true...Nunes could very well believe it...We are, after all, talking about a guy who is currently suing a twitter cow.

Devin Nunes is really really not up to this moment.

And yet, he’s still winning by default. 

Weird lol. 

Honestly hard to picture how Schiff even manages to draft articles at this point, tbh. 

• Confused 1

The most telling and sad thing for me today, is, having seen the Lt. Colonel Vindman testimony, and looking at all the medals on his chest, infantry, purple heart, etc. etc. then coming on here...

Reading the right wing circle jerk on a different thread where that man is virtually called a traitor by some, while whether, quid pro quo or not, licking the president's boot while knowing he asked a foreign government to investigate a political rival. 

There's some traitorous shit going on around here, but, Lt. Colonel Vindman ain't part of it. 

Shame. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There's some traitorous shit going on around here, but, Lt. Colonel Vindman ain't part of it. 

Shame. 

Well I was just going by the 2 minute clip presented here, and responding to some's disdain of it...

Whether or not he is the traitor here I can't be sure.🤔..but someone sure picked the wrong clip for their argument...🤣

I did notice that at least he admitted his mistake (unlike some here 🤣), and blamed it on being overly sensitive from  attacks from the media for his dress.....well....that about explains it...

I'll give him some credit for that...... he's better than the  😢 crowd here...

On 11/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, concha said:

1) Fact-based commentary could make Hitler look fine.  "Austrian painter and noted orator who fought his way to the top and lowered unemployment for the people while leading efforts to improve the country with great projects like the autobahn...".  You can use facts to effectively lie. Example:  Trumps criticizes MS-13 and calls them animals... the MSM take?  "Trump calls brown people animals". THIS is the media you defend.

Yours is opinion and not fact.  Irrelevant examples that never happened notwithstanding.  And I'm not defending but I am paying attention.  Lol @ Austrian painter and noted orator.  That is seriously funny.  

A better question is 'Trump calls those coming over the border seeking asylum rapist and murderers' this is the person you defend?  He has gone after gold star families, active and retired military, people who worked for him, people he himself hired, his lawyers, Republicans, too many women to count, shit hole countries, anybody who criticizes, all Democrats, hurricane victims, the handicapped, Muslims, our allies.  So pretty much everyone except Putin and NK leader, Turkey leader.  And you defend that?

2) The "threatening tweets" schtick is just pathetic.  Exactly what "threat" is involved? One wonders if you folks could scrape up a complete pair of testicles amongst you.

The Ambassador to Ukraine said she felt intimidated and threatened.  I doubt she has testicles but that is irrelevant.  Whistle blower surely felt threatened.  Any other person who follows the law and shows up to give testimony will think twice because Trump says these things.  A President's words have a lot of power and those who have been on the receiving end of his attacks have stated that this is true.  A President should not be going after American citizens period.  Especially when they are following the law and when they tell the truth. 

3) Bribe...  not going well is it?  Meanwhile, Biden can openly threaten withholding a billion bucks and nothing to see here while his booted-from-the-navy-druggy-doesn't speak Ukrainian-no experience in oil and gas son is raking in millions... The left and the media you seem to admire so much?  "Move along... nothing to see here... some guy heard something 3rd hand about Trump so time to help Pencil Neck since the RUSSIA!!! thing fell apart".

Trump is not the most subtle of people and yet it still manages to escape you.  I simply do not believe that you are so naive.  The Russian thing did not fall apart.  I suggest you read it and then you will be qualified to have an opinion.  But not until then.

Yes Biden can and do you have any idea as to why that is?  It was because it was US official policy, European countries thought so, Ukraine officials thought so and that is how come Obama instructed Biden to carry out that policy.  There are many differences between the two.  Who the fuck cares that Biden's son got a cushy job?  Who cares that he made a lot of money?  Lot's of people make a lot of money that they don't necessarily deserve.  Did he get the job because of his name?  Most likely but who cares?  You all didn't care when this was happening.

1) Trump wasn't following stated US policy when he withheld aid from Ukraine that congress had already decided to give them.  Trump was following his own personal interest.  If you really believe Trump is the least interested in corruption in Ukraine then I have to think you are in need of adult supervision and should eat with plastic utensils.  Biden was following stated US policy.

2) Trump didn't follow normal channels if he were really interested in investigating the Biden's.  We have the best law enforcement in the world who have very good working relations with our allies and we have our State Department to handle these things.  We do not have Trumps personal lawyer who goes and says things that are not in line with stated US policy.  Nothing shady to see here is there?  Biden did follow normal channels.

3) Trump said it himself.  It's in the transcript.  You guy's, at some point, have to give Trump credit for what he says and does.  Mulvaney said it himself on tv that they were withholding aid until Ukraine made a statement about investigating Biden and the conspiracy stuff.  Get over it. 

I do want to mention how comical Trump telling Sondland 'No quid pro quo' was.  Who in the hell talks like that.  If there wasn't any, why even mention it?  Unless it was for when Sondland testifies he could truthfully say that Trump specifically said those words.  I think that is probable.  It's almost like watching cartoon characters except it's real people.

And do you recall that the dossier was funded by the Clinton campaign, put together by a Trump-hating foreign agent and filled with Russia-supplied bullshit while the Clinton Foundation was raking in millions in Russian donations and Bill got $$$ and met with Putin in his dacha? I do.

How is this relevant to Trump abusing his power as President with regard to Ukraine?  Look, I can appreciate the dedication you all have for bringing the Clinton's up all the time but after awhile it gets a bit pathetic.  When you can't defend what the President did the best strategy is to bring up the Clinton's and deflect.  

And btw, there are many people who hate Trump, myself not included, but still continue to be professional and do their job.  Hating Trump doesn't mean one is a liar or can't do their job.  You guy's leave no room to say or do anything that doesn't include some type of obedience to all things Trump.  And still there are some people around Trump that continue to go to jail because of him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Troll said:

Yes ....

Vman EXPECTING CIVILIANS to address himself by his military rank..... is pretty far out there...

Definitely a bad and sad display...

... but what made you expect that?

🤔

I didn't even listen to the clip.  I had already seen his testimony and was reacting to that.  Did you watch his testimony?

I was talking about how the Republicans treated him and how disrespectful they were.  That was what I was expecting and they delivered.

I don't know how you are seeing this whole situation and have asked before but you haven't said what you think.  Still curious.

3 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

And yet, he’s still winning by default. 

Weird lol. 

Honestly hard to picture how Schiff even manages to draft articles at this point, tbh. 

What is he winning by default?  Is somebody losing?

Do you have an opinion on the impeachment?  Is Trump guilty?  Do you even care if he was?  

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I didn't even listen to the clip.<<< What's wrong with this statement... I had already seen his testimony and was reacting to that. <<<and what's wrong with that statement  Did you watch his testimony?<<<well at least I watched what I responded to...

I was talking about how the Republicans treated him and how disrespectful they were. <<source?   That was what I was expecting and they delivered.<<<and  What's wrong with this statement...

I don't know how you are seeing this whole situation and have asked before but you haven't said what you think. << 66 stepped on you Still curious. see below VVV

I think you are being led down a very disappointing path...

I could probably go back to before the testimony started and find  dozens of posts where you are claiming quid pro quo...

Yet on this page it's claimed instead as

9 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Sondland was trying to play dumb at times but finally admitted what was previously understood by all with common sense that a bribery took place and aid was held up until Trumps interest were met....    

Do you even know why you did this???

Hint:  It's called a 'focus group'...…..

BTW...not that the right isn't being played either....they are....

but your side is on a much more 'disappointing path' with this one...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

What is he winning by default?  Is somebody losing?

Do you have an opinion on the impeachment?  Is Trump guilty?  Do you even care if he was?  

If there was actual evidence that showed him committing an impeachable offense, I'd be fine with it. The problem with this whole process is that it's based solely on undoing the results of an election. Nancy's oft-repeated statement "We have to do this to insure he's not re-elected" illustrates this perfectly.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

If there was actual evidence that showed him committing an impeachable offense, I'd be fine with it. The problem with this whole process is that it's based solely on undoing the results of an election. Nancy's oft-repeated statement "We have to to this to insure he's not re-elected" illustrates this perfectly.

There is enough evidence to make rick perry resign and rudy hire 3 or 4 high-powered lawyers.

When the principal players won't honor a subpoena it takes a little time, jim j....you know, to take the Crime Boss down.

Go back to bed.....

7 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

If there was actual evidence that showed him committing an impeachable offense, I'd be fine with it. The problem with this whole process is that it's based solely on undoing the results of an election. Nancy's oft-repeated statement "We have to do this to insure he's not re-elected" illustrates this perfectly.

..."this whole process is that it's based solely on undoing the results of an election."....LOL...totally ridiculous...that's the dumbest/weakest argument out there from the right...what does the election from 3 years ago have to do with Trump impeachable actions in the past year??...NOTHING!!....LAME EXCUSE...keep swinging Dave...O.o

17 hours ago, Troll said:

I think you are being led down a very disappointing path...

I could probably go back to before the testimony started and find  dozens of posts where you are claiming quid pro quo...

Go ahead and find them.  I would be interested in that.  

Yet on this page it's claimed instead as

Were you intending to finish this sentence and just forgot or what?

Do you even know why you did this???

Hint:  It's called a 'focus group'...…..

Why I did what?  Why is everything a damn riddle?  Just say what you are thinking and not what you think I am.  

BTW...not that the right isn't being played either....they are....

but your side is on a much more 'disappointing path' with this one...

And who is playing both left and right?  

Lol 

I'm not being led anywhere.  If you can't accept what happened, even when those guilty are telling you they did what they are being accused of, I really don't know what to tell you.  

Did you watch any of the testimony?  Seems a pretty solid picture of what has happened but the WH keeping key people from testifying certainly isn't helpful when looking for the truth.  It's almost as if they have something to say that might not be helpful for Trump.  What do you think?  Innocent people who make perfect phone calls DO NOT prevent people from testifying that would exonerate them.  

Were you expecting to hear Trump say the words 'bribery' or 'quid pro quo' and say explicitly that they won't get any money unless they investigate my political rival?  Is that the only evidence you will accept? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Thanks for the answer.  What would actual evidence look like?  I can see how it can be viewed as undoing an election but it can also be viewed as something Trump did well after the election that warranted an Impeachment inquiry.  

Do you believe that Russia was responsible in 2016 or Ukraine?

22 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Thanks for the answer.  What would actual evidence look like?  I can see how it can be viewed as undoing an election but it can also be viewed as something Trump did well after the election that warranted an Impeachment inquiry.  

Do you believe that Russia was responsible in 2016 or Ukraine?

Responsible for what?