St. John Bosco

Sammyswordsman

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

MV and Cen10 won coin flips. It’s the stupid way CIF determines home field in the case where both teams had home games the previous round.

this is the 3rd year in a row that MD has played MV in the semifinals and all 3 years MD has lost the coin flip and had to travel to MV.

I disagree.  No team should get to be the home team in every playoff game.  Playoffs are about overcoming adversity.  Each team should have to deal with hostile environments at least once during the playoffs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't understand all the negative takes on SJB, by OOS posters on this board.

SJB was preseason #1 in several polls, rolled their preleague schedule which included 5 high profile relevant OOS opponents, then played Mater Dei closer than any other team, including the 200 5* guys SFA.

So why do guys think SJB is over rated in Tier 1 and beatable by multiple Texas teams, etc. 

I don't get it at all.

It's real simple ---They have proven to be beatable.

The 5 high profile games you speak of didn't really help because they all have suffered multiple defeats.

Liberty NV - Played five OOS games and lost all of them  - They about to take sixth L after BG 

Good Counsel - has been beat 2 other times -  If they beat SJC this week - It will not change most people opinion as it's the 2nd time they have played and SJC won the first go round.

Dematha - beat twice by SJC and other loses -  No big wins except they did beat Good Counsel and got beat by SJC twice

DBP - Has been beat 3 other times -  They started the season losing every meaningful game.  Looking much better now.  I think it's fare to say that DBP has improved over the year.  obviously was not playing good early in the season when SJB put beat down on them

Mililani - has been beat 3 other times 

Winning oos doesn't mean near as much when those teams get beat several other times

I think most people believe SJB is very good team---However, to say they are beatable by others not just Texas is fare statement.

You had home game vs MD and SFA traveled across the country and then had to play late game on the west coast -  I don't believe that is near even comparison to make.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I disagree.  No team should get to be the home team in every playoff game.  Playoffs are about overcoming adversity.  Each team should have to deal with hostile environments at least once during the playoffs.

I am not saying they should.

MV and Cen10 get to be the home team for both of their games. Number 1 and 2 seeds need to travel.  Both MV and Cen10 had home games last week, just like MD and Bosco. Given this, doesn't it makes sense that the higher seed gets the home game? 

33 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The 5 high profile games you speak of didn't really help because they all have suffered multiple defeats.

Liberty NV - Played five OOS games and lost all of them  - They about to take sixth L after BG 

Good Counsel - has been beat 2 other times -  If they beat SJC this week - It will not change most people opinion as it's the 2nd time they have played and SJC won the first go round.

Dematha - beat twice by SJC and other loses -  No big wins except they did beat Good Counsel and got beat by SJC twice

DBP - Has been beat 3 other times -  They started the season losing every meaningful game.  Looking much better now.  I think it's fare to say that DBP has improved over the year.  obviously was not playing good early in the season when SJB put beat down on them

Winning oos doesn't mean near as much when those teams get beat several other times

I think most people believe SJB is very good team---However, to say they are beatable by others not just Texas is fare statement.

You had home game vs MD and SFA traveled across the country and then had to play late game on the west coast -  I don't believe that is near even comparison to make.

I agree that people put too much emphasis on OOS games. Who cares if the opponent is not good. Bosco pre league schedule had 2 games against nationally relevant teams in GC and Dematha. 

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I am not saying they should.

MV and Cen10 get to be the home team for both of their games. Number 1 and 2 seeds need to travel.  Both MV and Cen10 had home games last week, just like MD and Bosco. Given this, doesn't it makes sense that the higher seed gets the home game? 

Happened all the time in the old format. 

Hold on.  I'll call for help.

wabulance.jpg

44 minutes ago, Texasball said:

You neglected to add that most if not all the losses by those teams were to Top 50 or otherwise elite programs.

Not all losses are equal. 

Don't be so cavalier.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You neglected to add that most if not all the losses by those teams were to Top 50 or otherwise elite programs.

Not all losses are equal. 

Don't be so cavalier.

That only matters if you actually believe in the bogus rankings.  I am not sold on these teams being so highly ranked!

Not one damn team besides MD on SJB schedule is any better than SJC.

SJC has wins over all of them and also beat team that DBP got beat by. -  They are sloppy and poorly coached and they just keep winning.

The rankings will tell you that IMG is really good team...This is not elite football team this year!  

You base too much on what the rankings thought -  Don't be lazy like you claim everyone else is!

15 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Not one damn team besides MD on SJB schedule is any better than SJC.

You started off by claiming that beating teams with multiple losses "doesn't really help" the resume.

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

But that contradicts the narrative you've been trying to write about SJC. Namely that they're just as good as everybody else.

They have multiple losses though.

So which is it?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't understand all the negative takes on SJB, by OOS posters on this board.

SJB was preseason #1 in several polls, rolled their preleague schedule which included 5 high profile relevant OOS opponents, then played Mater Dei closer than any other team, including the 200 5* guys SFA.

So why do guys think SJB is over rated in Tier 1 and beatable by multiple Texas teams, etc. 

I don't get it at all.

Your problem is putting other teams on MD’s tier 

MD should stand alone 

you justifiably feel like they are the same tier, at least, as SFA, DV, etc but they have more direct objectionable data points to say that they are a tier away from the top 

as @hardhit1 says, no one has annissue with them being #2-5, but they’re clearly not on MD’s level based on season to date whereas it’s a bit more ambiguous for DV

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

As a higher seed, Cen10 has had to travel numerous times in the playoffs.  Doesn’t seem right, but it’s the system we currently have.  Given the disparity in capability that the top 3 have had (and all that goes into that), it really hasn’t hurt any of them.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, On2whls said:

As a higher seed, Cen10 has had to travel numerous times in the playoffs.  Doesn’t seem right, but it’s the system we currently have.  Given the disparity in capability that the top 3 have had (and all that goes into that), it really hasn’t hurt any of them.  

You are not HONESTLY going to talk about Cen10 having to travel are you?

The fact that you mentioned it at all is completely laughable. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, frankyjames said:

You are not HONESTLY going to talk about Cen10 having to travel are you?

The fact that you mentioned it at all is completely laughable. 

Choosing to travel for OOL games versus playoff travel are two completely different situations.  Are you really that slow?  I feel sorry for you.  

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Easy.  My frame of reference is the Pac 5 / So Cal D-1.................

Your frame of reference is Florida playoffs.

Your inability to comprehend my point is understandable

It doesn't matter what your frame of reference is.

The playoffs are not about overcoming adversity. Period.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

You started off by claiming that beating teams with multiple losses "doesn't really help" the resume.

But that contradicts the narrative you've been trying to write about SJC. Namely that they're just as good as everybody else.

They have multiple losses though.

So which is it?

Dude - You lack comprehension -  Don't put words in by mouth.

In this conversation the only narrative one can have on SJC is they beat teams that SJB beat -  Plus they beat Gonzaga who beat DBP - who SJB beat.

Besides SJB in this conversation I am not sold on any of them being highly ranked and I believe it is fare to say that there are other teams around the country that could possibly beat SJB 

I also implied that SJC is sloppy and poorly coached - but they keep winning.  

For the record - For this season -  The names of the teams that SJB beat OOS is impressive - the actual team not so much.  That includes DV win over SJC --- None of these teams are that impressive for 2019  

Regardless SJB still has really good team - but there is several programs from Texas and others around the country that are capable of beating them.

24 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Dude - You lack comprehension -  Don't put words in by mouth.

In this conversation the only narrative one can have on SJC is they beat teams that SJB beat -  Plus they beat Gonzaga who beat DBP - who SJB beat.

No, I comprehend your hypocrisy just fine.

"Teams with multiple losses don't help the resume but in THIS discussion the only thing about SJC that matters is that they beat the teams SJB beat!"

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

No, I comprehend your hypocrisy just fine.

"Teams with multiple losses don't help the resume but in THIS discussion the only thing about SJC that matters is that they beat the teams SJB beat!"

🤡

Just stop - This conversation is really about SJB.

sammy - talked about the 5 oos teams they scheduled and beat 

The point is all 5 have at least 2 more defeats other than SJB.