St. John Bosco

Sammyswordsman

I don't understand all the negative takes on SJB, by OOS posters on this board.

SJB was preseason #1 in several polls, rolled their preleague schedule which included 5 high profile relevant OOS opponents, then played Mater Dei closer than any other team, including the 200 5* guys SFA.

So why do guys think SJB is over rated in Tier 1 and beatable by multiple Texas teams, etc. 

I don't get it at all.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB was preseason #1 in several polls, rolled their preseason schedule which included 5 high profile relevant OOS opponents, then played Mater Dei closer than any other team, including the 200 5* guys SFA.

So why do guys think SJB is over rated in Tier 1 and beatable by multiple Texas teams, etc. 

I don't get it at all.

Cause MV is better than SJB

E145A384-E806-4073-ADA5-EB0AE8E66EEC.jpeg

D6D93438-F941-41FC-A839-8AD1E1D953E1.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB was preseason #1 in several polls, rolled their preseason schedule which included 5 high profile relevant OOS opponents, then played Mater Dei closer than any other team, including the 200 5* guys SFA.

I don't get it at all.

Its the one point win and has nothing to do with by how much they played MD compared to SFA playing MD.

SFA played a top notch schedule and did not win one of their games by one point with the opposing kicker missing an XP.

You asked, honestly a very good team. Are they 2-5? Does not matter other than #1.

• Thanks 1

There's a pretty strong case that can be made that SJB was the best team in 2018 (even the MD guys on the board were saying SJB likely wins 7/10 if they played it out on the field). No one seems to care much about the JSerra game last year, because it was an exception and not the rule. When you're dealing with HS kids, games like that tend to happen. The Servite game this year is the exact same thing. If SJB/Servite play 10 times SJB probably wins 9 or 10 times by like 21 MOV average. Before you call me a homer, I have no qualms with acknowledging that this year MD objectively seems to be the better team. If SJB faces MD again and beats them it will be one of those 2 or 3 out of 10 things where shit like that just happens. Anyone using a the 1 point MOV of the SJB/Servite game is clueless.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB was preseason #1 in several polls, rolled their preleague schedule which included 5 high profile relevant OOS opponents, then played Mater Dei closer than any other team, including the 200 5* guys SFA.

I don't get it at all.

First, what they were ranked in the preseason rankings lists (there are no polls) doesn't matter. Second, all of their supposed marquee wins have come over teams with a minimum of 3-4 losses. Third, they had the narrowest of escapes over a Servite team that scares exactly NONE of the elite teams in the country.

The idea that they're no worse than #2 in the country, no matter what, is absurd. Either you're a Calfornia homer, or you made up your mind about them in July and aren't paying attention, to think they are untouchable at #2.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂 why is texas living freely in your head?  Give it a break man, enjoy your playoffs.  We are in the lone star state!  

As custodian of The Tiers, unfortunately duty to the National landscape precludes the luxury of time for enjoyment that would otherwise  be procured by enjoying the local playoffs.

BTW if you are looking for a good movie for Friday night,  Ford vs. Ferrari seems to be well received.

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

As custodian of The Tiers, unfortunately duty to the National landscape precludes the luxury of time for enjoyment that would otherwise  be procured by enjoying the local playoffs.

BTW if you are looking for a good movie for Friday night,  Ford vs. Ferrari seems to be well received.

Ok, you keep grinding then on your very important task.  America eagerly awaits! 😂 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

How can SFA, Lowndes, winner of Fla 7A make their case for being better than SJB?

Lowndes and 7A Florida winner may be undefeated and may be able to claim at least one win better than any of SJB's wins. That said, I wouldn't say they would make a case to being definitively better as much as I would say SJB also doesn't have a case to be definitively better than those teams.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't get it at all.

I don't think they're beatable by multiple Texas teams but I also think they're the most charmed team in the country.

Nothing ever seems to affect their ranking or standing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And why is MD at MV? 

MV and Cen10 won coin flips. It’s the stupid way CIF determines home field in the case where both teams had home games the previous round.

this is the 3rd year in a row that MD has played MV in the semifinals and all 3 years MD has lost the coin flip and had to travel to MV.

• Thanks 1

Who is questioning the legitimacy of Bosco being tier 1? It is ridiculous how people base this on the Servite score. They are in my own personal Tier 1 that only includes 3 teams.... MD, Bosco, and St Frances. If DV wins state they will most definitely be in this group also. 
having said that I think Bosco will be in a battle with Cen10 this week. I saw a line of Bosco -14.5 which is a lot IMO. Just ask the Bosco fans here how tough Cen10 is! 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1