Had a feeling this BS was going to happen.

tommygun58

Every person should be arrested, and banned for life from the stadium. Put any student on a probation where they can kicked out of school for any other incident on a school campus for the remainder of their academic career. 

Don’t they know China is the leader in world pollution? Not the Yale/Harvard football players and fans

1 hour ago, tommygun58 said:

Please tell me you're joking?How heavy is co2 ?If it weighed anything it would be on the ground.Tons?

I was being sarcastic about the protesters.  However regarding CO2, just think about this.  Burning a gallon of gasoline which weighs just over 6 lbs, produces 18.6 lbs of CO2.  This might seem unreal, but the gas is made mostly of carbon and hydrogen and as it is converted to CO2, hydrogen atoms are replace with Oxygen (2per each carbon).  Do the math just on automobile drivers and the numbers add up pretty quickly, so yes tons.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 5:08 PM, tommygun58 said:

Please tell me you're joking?How heavy is co2 ?If it weighed anything it would be on the ground.Tons?

Please tell me you're joking with the 'how heavy is co2 and it would drop to the ground if weighed a ton'.  

You might want to read a bit about this subject if you are serious about the question.  

An approximation of how heavy the air in our atmosphere is about 

11,700,000,000,000,000,000 lbs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Please tell me you're joking with the 'how heavy is co2 and it would drop to the ground if weighed a ton'.  

You might want to read a bit about this subject if you are serious about the question.  

An approximation of how heavy the air in our atmosphere is about 

11,700,000,000,000,000,000 lbs.

Is this one of those hockey stick thingers?

27 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

Is this one of those hockey stick thingers?

Psssssst……..Plant food (CO2 to you) is generally measured by weight....by the ton

That 10 pounds you purchase when you fill that propane for your BBQ should have clued you in 👌

You must be a climate scientist...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Troll said:

Psssssst……..Plant food (CO2 to you) is generally measured by weight....by the ton

That 10 pounds you purchase when you fill that propane for your BBQ should have clued you in 👌

You must be a climate scientist...

Kingsford charcoal  in my Weber.If I want to cook with gas I will use my oven.

I filled a balloon with propane years ago to make a floating bomb.I was going to hit it with a flaming arrow but It just dropped  right to the ground.

Do you remember global cooling,ozone layer,acid rain...We were supposed to have ,drowned,baked,grow tomatoes in Maine in December,Surf waves above where Manhattan used to be.Some of these we were told would happen within 18,yrs in 1989,30yrs in 2003,50yrs in 2009 & now 12yrs in 2019.I'm done with ALL of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommygun58 said:

I filled a balloon with propane years ago to make a floating bomb.I was going to hit it with a flaming arrow but It just dropped  right to the ground.

Do you remember global cooling,ozone layer,acid rain...We were supposed to have ,drowned,baked,grow tomatoes in Maine in December,Surf waves above where Manhattan used to be.Some of these we were told would happen within 18,yrs in 1989,30yrs in 2003,50yrs in 2009 & now 12yrs in 2019.I'm done with ALL of this. 

See the source image

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

There is always going to be people who exaggerate and say stupid shit.  There were and are many more people who give realistic 'best guesses' based on the understanding of thousands of scientist and their collective research and models as to what will happen and how it will affect us going forward.

The ozone layer problem in the 80's when this country believed what we were told and went about trying to fix it is long gone with no science denial like we see today along strict party lines.  The fact that our atmosphere has weight is not really not debatable.  Anyway, I thought you might be interested in how much it does weigh, I know I was surprised at the big number.  It's hard to wrap my mind around numbers that big and have it relatable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

There is always going to be people who exaggerate and say stupid shit.  There were and are many more people who give realistic 'best guesses' based on the understanding of thousands of scientist and their collective research and models as to what will happen and how it will affect us going forward.

The ozone layer problem in the 80's when this country believed what we were told and went about trying to fix it is long gone with no science denial like we see today along strict party lines.  The fact that our atmosphere has weight is not really not debatable.  Anyway, I thought you might be interested in how much it does weigh, I know I was surprised at the big number.  It's hard to wrap my mind around numbers that big and have it relatable.

Your posts have no place in this thread. ;)

• Haha 1