the real reason why people love Donald Trump

noonereal

8 hours ago, stanscript said:

...During the Obama Administration $698.62 Billion was the average spent for our military and that supposedly decimated it. (2000-2016)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272473/us-military-spending-from-2000-to-2012/

Did you think we wouldn't notice? That you showed the average spent on the military from 2000-2016? The only reason it was that high, is that GW Bush was president for the first half of that period.

Nice try attempting to sneak that one by us.

Oops! What was it Noonereal said about facts holding no water in the cult of Trumpism  leftists. 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2019 at 6:00 PM, noonereal said:

I'm sure he thought he was trying to explain why people like Trump in simple terms, but there will never be a simple reason why people like who they like. The economically challenged who are willing to work - like that there is a growing job market. Even more that it gives them hope for the future, and more opertunities. Trump is bringing back industry, and people like that. Work will find it's way into small towns eventually. People that have time to think know this and maybe that is why they like -+ President Trump.+-

By the way, the authors liberism bled through his writing. As a right leaning centrist, that turned my combat mode on. In other words, I would not be brain washed by the authors Social Economic Theory. My theory why so many people do not like Trump is the media blitz package the networks have initiated. The media thinks most people are too lazy or stupid to see through the BS. The media loves the divide, it makes them money. 90% of the networks are ownd by 6 corprations, and Controversy sells news. Controversy = $$$. The puppet masters tell the reporters what to report.  So go ahead and fight amoung yourselves until you have accomplished exactly what the media wants... division and more money.

Your going to follow whom ever you believe will make your lives better. We don't and shouldn't all want the same things, but we should all want to work together to make our lives better. A nation divided will fall. For most of us, we are products of our enviroments. We shouldn't be ashamed of who we are, but we should be ashamed of why we choose to continue to fight one another and not work together.

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Watch this!!! Rudy is a f*cking gangsta!!! #KAG

LOL...gangsta???..LOL...how a about a senile old man who can take then Pres. down according to him...ask the bad ass what his "insurance policy" is against Trump throwing him under the bus...he's nothing more than a swamp creature and anyone that thinks he's anything more is sadly mistaken...#hasbeen

looks like Rudy had a few glasses of wine before this interview...again...🤡

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Did you think we wouldn't notice? That you showed the average spent on the military from 2000-2016? The only reason it was that high, is that GW Bush was president for the first half of that period.

Nice try attempting to sneak that one by us.

Oops! What was it Noonereal said about facts holding no water in the cult of Trumpism  leftists. 

What I do know is that you made two mistakes:

1)     You assumed that I would put up numbers that were misleading.

2)    You didn’t take the time to check the math or even open up the link.

All you had to do was take a minute or two and see if I added G.W.Bush’s numbers into the average and you would see that I did not.  Below are Obama’s eight years in office and Trump’s first two years.  So, you are wrong in assuming that I added Bush’s numbers in to make Obama’s numbers look better.  By the way, when Obama left office the yearly deficit was about half what it was under Trump..  The billionaires really needed that Trump tax cut to survive.

Below are the numbers that I used to arrive at my answer which you can verify from the original link.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272473/us-military-spending-from-2000-to-2012/

OBAMA

2009                   763.87

2010                    784.84

2011                     775.16

2012                    731.09

2013                    673.10

2014                    631.51

2015                    616.48

2016                    612.89

AVERAGE                                                     698.62

TRUMP

2017                    605.80

2018                    633.57

AVERAGE                                                     619.66

16 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

The report judges each service in three categories — capacity, capability and readiness — before offering a final score. Overall the report ranks each of the four services as “marginal,” essentially a “C” grade. That’s an improvement for the Marine Corps from the previous year, when it was were ranked “weak” largely due to concerns about aviation readiness.

The most notable change in the rankings is the move of Army readiness from “strong” to “very strong,” the highest rank for any of the armed services. Readiness for the Air Force and Marine Corps each moved from “weak” to “marginal,” while the Navy stayed flat. None of the services lost ground compared to the 2019 report.

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2019/10/30/the-grades-are-in-for-americas-military-strength/

I don't buy anything that is based on a Heritage Foundation viewpoint.

Russia's only "working" aircraft carrier often has to be towed back to port for repairs.  

Before you start counting all the ships in each navy, first compare how many working aircraft carriers each navy has and then go on from there.  The U.S. Navy is the only navy in the world that can project power worldwide. There are choke points tor the Russian navy that the U.S. could apply if needed.  Russia lacks adequate warm water ports.

Counting just the number if ships is a fool's errand.  The combined lethality of those ships and where on the globe that power can reach is the true power of the U.S. Navy.

U.S. trade deficit in goods falls 5.7% in October to a 17-month low

The numbers: The nation’s trade deficit in goods fell almost 6% in October to a 17-month low in what was probably a temporary dropoff tied to the dispute with China and resulting U.S. tariffs.

The trade gap in goods fell to $66.5 billion in October from a revised $70.5 billion in the prior month, according to advanced figures released by the government.

19 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My God, are we winning! #KAG

I was a President Trump event last year here in Texas.  Packed inside (9,000) and about 5,000 outside that couldn't get it.

"BETO the CLOWN" was across the street having a counter-rally and about 400 people were there.

The National Press said that BETO had just as many people as President Trump.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stanscript said:

What I do know is that you made two mistakes:

1)     You assumed that I would put up numbers that were misleading.

2)    You didn’t take the time to check the math or even open up the link.

All you had to do was take a minute or two and see if I added G.W.Bush’s numbers into the average and you would see that I did not.  Below are Obama’s eight years in office and Trump’s first two years.  So, you are wrong in assuming that I added Bush’s numbers in to make Obama’s numbers look better.  By the way, when Obama left office the yearly deficit was about half what it was under Trump..  The billionaires really needed that Trump tax cut to survive.

Below are the numbers that I used to arrive at my answer which you can verify from the original link.

OBAMA

2009                   763.87

2010                    784.84

2011                     775.16

2012                    731.09

2013                    673.10

2014                    631.51

2015                    616.48

2016                    612.89

AVERAGE                                                     698.62

TRUMP

2017                    605.80

2018                    633.57

AVERAGE                                                     619.66

A few observations:

1. I didn't assume anything...YOU stated it was from 2000-2016:

"During the Obama Administration $698.62 Billion was the average spent for our military and that supposedly decimated it. (2000-2016)." If you wanted to show Obama's stats only, you should have said (2010-2017)* (See #3).

2. Notice the trend in your figures? They decreased every single year.

3. *You forgot to take into consideration, the fact that the military budget is voted on and set in September of the previous year. So Obama's first military budget was the 2010 budget, (voted on in Sept 2009). Which means:

4. The $605.80 Billion (the absolute lowest figure you mentioned) is actually Obama's last budget, voted on in September 2016 for the fiscal year Oct.1, 2016-Sept.30, 2017.

5. That also means the 2009 figure you quoted, was G.W. Bush's last budget.

6. That lowers Obama's average to $678.86 Billion  (assuming you have correctly stated years 2010-2017).

7. Trump's figures now for fiscal years 2018-2020 average $685.89 Billion.

Just sayin'

Carry on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

A few observations:

1. I didn't assume anything...YOU stated it was from 2000-2016:

"During the Obama Administration $698.62 Billion was the average spent for our military and that supposedly decimated it. (2000-2016)." If you wanted to show Obama's stats only, you should have said (2010-2017)* (See #3).

2. Notice the trend in your figures? They decreased every single year.

3. *You forgot to take into consideration, the fact that the military budget is voted on and set in September of the previous year. So Obama's first military budget was the 2010 budget, (voted on in Sept 2009). Which means:

4. The $605.80 Billion (the absolute lowest figure you mentioned) is actually Obama's last budget, voted on in September 2016 for the fiscal year Oct.1, 2016-Sept.30, 2017.

5. That also means the 2009 figure you quoted, was G.W. Bush's last budget.

6. That lowers Obama's average to $678.86 Billion  (assuming you have correctly stated years 2010-2017).

7. Trump's figures now for fiscal years 2018-2020 average $685.89 Billion.

Just sayin'

Carry on.

Actually you are a little high on your average for Trump in 2018, 2019 and 2020.  It is closer to $679.  That’s hardly different from what you get from Obama’s 8 year average, which doesn’t account for inflation.

News to you……we have had the strongest military in the world since the early 1940’s and that includes the Cold War and all the Presidents since the middle of WWII,

My point is that Trump claims Obama left our military at the weakest level and he alone has miraculously turned us around to having the strongest military in the world with only two (2018-9) budgets that he is responsible for.  Hell, I might even vote for him if he could do that.  /s

Instead Trump lost our military base in Syria and now the Russians have use of it.  Terrific.  When is the last time the strongest military in the world retreated without the enemy having to fire a shot?

Yeah soldier, carry on.

What's this "average" bullshit?

The fact of the matter is that the military budgets plummeted under Obama. From a high over $700B for military defense spending, Bam-Bam handed over spending that was under $600B when he left office.

Both military and vet spending are growing under Trump.

• Like 3

The military was inflated due to the war on terrorism.  We threw a lot of money building up our military after 9/11.  There are lots of caches of military equipment that are laying around unused that was funded by the fear of terrorism.  A lot of that has been given/sold to local governments.  It’s amazing how much military grade equipment is now in the hands of local and county government due to the over purchasing of equipment.  We sure as hell didn’t have that type of local equipment prior to the war on terrorism.

The U.S. military never ran out of state of the art planes, ships, missiles or electronic warfare capabilities under Obama.  It never has never nor will it ever, regardless of who is President.  We continue to spend much, much more on the military than anybody else, by far and have since WWII.  We still spent more than the next SEVEN countries in defense under Obama.

Weapon systems take years and sometimes decades to go from an idea to actually being put into service.

To claim that Trump has saved the U.S. military is a ridiculous claim.  But that’s how he rolls.

Much of the decline in military spending under Obama was mandated by sequestration from a Republican led Congress to take effect in 2013.

Next up:  Trump’s “War on Thanksgiving” to sidetrack everyone from the Impeachment Hearings. 

Lock him up!

1 hour ago, stanscript said:

The military was inflated due to the war on terrorism.  We threw a lot of money building up our military after 9/11.  There are lots of caches of military equipment that are laying around unused that was funded by the fear of terrorism.  A lot of that has been given/sold to local governments.  It’s amazing how much military grade equipment is now in the hands of local and county government due to the over purchasing of equipment.  We sure as hell didn’t have that type of local equipment prior to the war on terrorism.

The U.S. military never ran out of state of the art planes, ships, missiles or electronic warfare capabilities under Obama.  It never has never nor will it ever, regardless of who is President.  We continue to spend much, much more on the military than anybody else, by far and have since WWII.  We still spent more than the next SEVEN countries in defense under Obama.

Weapon systems take years and sometimes decades to go from an idea to actually being put into service.

To claim that Trump has saved the U.S. military is a ridiculous claim.  But that’s how he rolls.

Much of the decline in military spending under Obama was mandated by sequestration from a Republican led Congress to take effect in 2013.

Next up:  Trump’s “War on Thanksgiving” to sidetrack everyone from the Impeachment Hearings. 

Lock him up!

Sequestration played a large part in any reduction in spending affecting every agency.  Mandatory reductions.  

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

If he would of just googled “Obama gutted the military” there’s endless amount of information from unbiased sources there he could try to somehow distort lol 

I'm a VET that served under a few Presidents...  

Obama gutted the Military and I had never seen the overall moral level drop like it did under Obama.

100% FACT!!

• Thanks 5