How does NorCal public school....

Ararar

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Think you mightve misfired on this one... 

Dont worry we've all fell for it.... 

MP had Sandy Creek(Tyrone,GA)playing a Delaware school once.... 

Turns out theres a Sandy Creek up north that was playing an OOS team from delaware... 

Thing is I never looked at MP I was reading the NorCal board

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2017 at 7:50 PM, ECHS05 said:

A list of NorCals OOS games over the past 2-3 years not including DLS, please? 

I cant wait to see the variety of Idaho and Nevada teams...

SoCal = FL

Norcal = GA

in hsfb, better at everything else except hosting Americas Got Talent 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pops said:

SoCal = FL

Norcal = GA

in hsfb, better at everything else except hosting Americas Got Talent 

Way to avoid the actual question. This kind of deflecting reponse means you cant argue the facts...

SoCal > AZ > UT > WA > HI > CO > OR > ID > AK > AK÷50 > NorCal?

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Way to avoid the actual question. This kind of deflecting reponse means you cant argue the facts...

SoCal > AZ > UT > WA > HI > CO > OR > ID > AK > AK÷50 > NorCal?

This answers the actual question

our states are actually just much larger and our ancestral DNA is less linear 

20 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

My guess is whoever posted it on the NorCal board got it from MP.

Incorrect 3rd person info.

On 5/7/2017 at 9:05 PM, Ararar said:

Apparently they are no longer sure themselves....My apologizes if I was bamboozled

That's exactly what happened. I've seen it happen before. Some people love to use MP as their go to resource, but as someone else already said, it's not always the most accurate resource. I've caught local beat writers citing individual season stats from it all while not noticing a game log or two was missing. Most of the members of this site know you have to take MP with a grain of salt and sometimes fill in the blanks yourself. In this case, I believe it was a simple case of the coach of the IL team accidentally selecting the incorrect Elk Grove when posting to the schedule. It's obvious there's conflicting dates and with an Elk Grove in their local area, it's pretty easy to connect the dots. Not only that, Elk Grove-CA has been going through a coaching controversy and subsequent change the past few months so I highly doubt they could or would schedule a game like this.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:51 PM, eaglesinsider said:

Irvine (CA) came all the way to MD to lose 48-0 to Calvert Hall in Baltimore a few years ago.

Lot of travel expenses just to get running clocked. Teams will sometimes sell a trip to the DMV for the educational potential (visit DC monuments, Smithsonian, etc...) and Under Armour sponsored teams will usually take a tour of UA HQ in Baltimore.

This happens a fair amount with Mass. teams. Not a lot, but some. St. John's Prep swept a home-and-home with Mt. St. Joseph in 2009 and 2010. I covered the second one for the Herald. The Prep back ran for something like 375 yards, pretty much all on the same play. In 2013, Mansfield beat Dunbar (Baltimore) in 2013, 29-26, in a great game. Last year, Mansfield got crushed by Calvert Hall, 44-3.

A lot of OOS games happen when coaches meet at conventions and hatch up a game just to give the kids a different experience and as a team-building exercise. Marshfield (Mass.) and Beverly Hills (both very wealthy communities, obviously) split a home and home in 06-07 (road team won each one, interestingly). It wasn't about national rankings or anything. Just about broadening the perspective of a bunch of HS kids, which is really every bit as good of a reason to play a team from another state as any, if you ask me..

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2017 at 8:23 PM, Nolebull813 said:

When you see random games like this it usually has something to do with the coaches having some kind of tie to something involved. 

Maybe the Elk Grove coach is from Illinois or has family there. Maybe they wanted to visit a big city and that's all they can find.

Hell South Elgin,IL is #2,071 on calpreps sneak peek rankings and they are coming to Florida to play an independent team who is ranked #11,149 nationally. Talk about a random pussy move. Lol 

Here you go again. South Elgin is nowhere near #2071 in reality. I don't know who the independent is, but dont expect much from South Elgin. If SE wins it will be the upset of the century.