3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

6 hours ago, Troll said:

better go find some orange juice and sober up...

giphy.gif

..LOL..Ronnie back to another O.J. gif??...the goofiness grows with each post....🤡..I see you've been up all night posting?!...you sure you don't need any O.J. to sober up Ronnie?!....😲

Just now, DBP66 said:

..LOL..Ronnie back to another O.J. gif??...the goofiness grows with each post....🤡..I see you've been up all night posting?!...you sure you don't need any O.J. to sober up Ronnie?!....😲

nah the sunshine gets me up early 😜, and  I don't really drink much at all 🤷‍♂️

PS...maybe you project and need to take your own advise....

slept like a champ last night 👍

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:46 AM, The Guru said:

Sweden's experiment has been an utter failure in public health. So of course thc6785 thinks we should look into it.

Actually it was the NY Times who said we should look into it...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/opinion/coronavirus-sweden.html

And if you actually wanted to compare 'similar'....

even WAPO  has a write up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/a-tale-of-two-epidemics-scientists-in-sweden-and-the-uk-fight-over-who-took-the-right-public-health-path/2020/05/07/104f60be-8a5b-11ea-80df-d24b35a568ae_story.html

HMMM....NYT and WAPO seem to disagree with you...what happened?

didn't get the memo?

PS: we know you are not on the mailing list, and just like to toss turds 💩,

gshat.png.242cdbd9a8983ffe704f6dd2d6f9a002.png

but that's ok 👌, you appear to need the mental excercise 👍

• Haha 2

5/6 1,200,000 infected

73,591 diceased

5/18 1,518,041 infected

91,172 diceased

318,000 in 12 days which equals 26,500 new cases each day.

17,581 deceased in 12 days equals 1465 new deaths each day.

We will probably total 100,000 deaths on May 25th.

8 hours ago, BigDrop said:

5/6 1,200,000 infected

73,591 diceased

5/18 1,518,041 infected

91,172 diceased

318,000 in 12 days which equals 26,500 new cases each day.

17,581 deceased in 12 days equals 1465 new deaths each day.

We will probably total 100,000 deaths on May 25th.

Hey doom and gloom why dont you give us the "life" rate? Always the death rate with you. You have a better chance of surviving the wuhan then you do the flu. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BCA77AC0-EB11-4157-B111-315241AF0EC9.jpeg

I’m glad you don’t take this seriously.  I do.  I have heart valve disease and am very close to having a heart valve replacement which is major heart surgery.   Until a couple of weeks ago most hospitals around the U. S. put this surgery on hold unless the patient was about to die.

This means that even with symptoms the prospect of surgery at Johns Hopkins or the Cleveland or Mayo Clinics was potentially risky with the possibility of literally thousands around the country on ventilators and life support.

And potentially threatening infection to others who might be patients in the hospitals.

Like me.

Now we have 92,500+ deaths and 1,538,000+ infected.  That’s almost 50% more per person for both than Canada.  It’s almost 30% more than the five largest European countries whose aggregate population is approximately the same as ours’.  China, where this started and has three+ times the population has a small fraction of the infections and death we do.

What is Trump doing wrong?    Isn’t he attacking the CDC now?  And threatening to pull out of the W. H. O?  Said that Dr. Fauci’s comments were “unacceptable.”  Denied this was even a problem in late February and the first week of a March.  Doesn’t wear a mask and doesn’t respect distancing.  

These other countries are also opening up.  Yes, we are too.  But in many places we shouldn’t be.  I understand that 35 million may have lost their jobs.  I also know that hospitals are financially suffering, too as are first responders and those supported by state governments.  (Both Texas and Florida are in trouble depending on sales tax and the prospect of delinquent real estate tax, etc.)  If areas are opening too soon catastrophic is going to bring New York like meaning to many areas around the country.  

But there are many things we are not doing that we should or that should be coordinated from Washington.  And we desperately need the CDC and W. H. O.

And Trump needs to wear a mask and stand six feet apart.  And set an honest example as our American President.

Please don’t call me a liberal or a Democrat-Trump is killing us.  I just don’t want to be one of his victims.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I’m glad you don’t take this seriously.  I do.  I have heart valve disease and am very close to having a heart valve replacement which is major heart surgery.   Until a couple of weeks ago most hospitals around the U. S. put this surgery on hold unless the patient was about to die.

This means that even with symptoms the prospect of surgery at Johns Hopkins or the Cleveland or Mayo Clinics was potentially risky with the possibility of literally thousands around the country on ventilators and life support.

And potentially threatening infection to others who might be patients in the hospitals.

Like me.

Now we have 92,500+ deaths and 1,538,000+ infected.  That’s almost 50% more per person for both than Canada.  It’s almost 30% more than the five largest European countries whose aggregate population is approximately the same as ours’.  China, where this started and has three+ times the population has a small fraction of the infections and death we do.

What is Trump doing wrong?    Isn’t he attacking the CDC now?  And threatening to pull out of the W. H. O?  Said that Dr. Fauci’s comments were “unacceptable.”  Denied this was even a problem in late February and the first week of a March.  Doesn’t wear a mask and doesn’t respect distancing.  

These other countries are also opening up.  Yes, we are too.  But in many places we shouldn’t be.

Please don’t call me a liberal or a Democrat.

Trump is killing us.  I just don’t want to be one of his victims.

Our confirmed case mortality rate is lower than most of the major Western European nations. Germany is the exception. They are not remarkably lower. And our rate is LOWER than Canada's.

And where are the vast majority of our deaths due to the virus?  Are they spread evenly across the nation? Hell no. They are in blue states with the most draconian restrictions.

The top 5 states by deaths are all blue and account for nearly 60% of the deaths in our country. The top 8 for deaths are blue and account for over 70% of deaths. 

The same is true for death rates. Blue states doing the worst.

The only red state close to being amongst these is Louisiana.

Over half of states have death rates of less than 10 per 100,000.

In most counties in the country cases are measured in single or double digits.

Any comment on the New York policy of sending back COVID-19 positive cases BACK to nursing homes? Was that Trump?

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Like me.

These other countries are also opening up.  Yes, we are too.  But in many places we shouldn’t be.  I understand that 35 million may have lost their jobs.  I also know that hospitals are financially suffering, too as are first responders and those supported by state governments.  (Both Texas and Florida are in trouble depending on sales tax and the prospect of delinquent real estate tax, etc.)  If areas are opening too soon catastrophic is going to bring New York like meaning to many areas around the country.  

But there are many things we are not doing that we should or that should be coordinated from Washington.  And we desperately need the CDC and W. H. O.

And Trump needs to wear a mask and stand six feet apart.  And set an honest example as our American President.

Please don’t call me a liberal or a Democrat-Trump is killing us.  I just don’t want to be one of his victims.

Boo.

8 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Allwall the USS comfort and Jacob Javits Center were fully staffed and ready to go and half-filled. Blood on Cuomo's hands...

The Comfort was not intended to accept COVID-19 patients.

The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 20 Patients.

The Comfort was sent to New York to relieve pressure on city hospitals by treating people with ailments other than Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus.

Then once they relented and accepted the Covid-19 patients, the ICU capacity had been expanded to the point where there was little need for the ship.

The U.S.N.S. Comfort Is Now Taking Covid-19 Patients

Clowns like you don't know this though.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Completely uncalled for, unacceptable behavior THC. 

bgw

Honestly IDGAF. Dude has been here from day one spouting doom and gloom. Blaming everything on Trump. Im surprised he hasnt blamed his bad valves on Trump yet. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Honestly IDGAF. Dude has been here from day one spouting doom and gloom. Blaming everything on Trump. Im surprised he hasnt blamed his bad valves on Trump yet. 

So what? The same could be said about your stance(s). None of us own the forum, but we owe respect to others especially having empathy whether you or I agree with it. 

Now, granted we’ll go at it, but to kick a poster in a vulnerable position healthwise who’s sharing that may prove beneficial to another in a similar predicament is a low blow.

bgw

On 5/20/2020 at 12:02 PM, thc6795 said:

This is the Post I referenced in another thread.  “Bad valves.”  I may have my chest cut open from one side to another....