3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

Back on the numbers and rates topic....

Anyone who is beside themselves distressed at all the NEWS the CDC has been pumping out that locked you down....

Might want to read the LATEST "fine print"...

View image on Twitter

Same as the regular old flu HUH ???

THANKS

👍

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

Back on the numbers and rates topic....

Anyone who is beside themselves distressed at all the NEWS the CDC has been pumping out that locked you down....

Might want to read the LATEST "fine print"...

View image on Twitter

Same as the regular old flu HUH ???

THANKS

👍

Nope. Not the same. Seems like you left out an entire age group that have been the largest number of infections. You also appear to want to ignore that the death rate is higher still than the flu in that older demographic even though the infection rate is roughly the same... also should add that the numbers are the same WITH EVERYONE LOCKED DOWN. 

Pretty glaring omission in my opinion. What say you?

• Like 1

I wish that people would just try to share factual stuff and stop trying to spin everything to fit some political agenda. We are all Americans, and we are all in this Covid-19 bullshit together. We have to look after each other here. We have to because as we see, our government is either unwilling or incapable or both. 

The more fake bullshit that gets spread on this thing the higher the chance of extending the duration and risk of resurgence. 

This thing is not the damned flu. The numbers we see recorded on the CDC sites and each state's DPH sites for Covid-19 are recorded WITH A SHUTDOWN and they are still comparable to the worst ever flu season as far as numbers of infected for the over 65 group, above average for the middle age group and slightly under average for under 17.  Again, those numbers are recorded with a virtual complete shutdown of all nonessential services and shelter in place orders pretty well nationwide. 

It is not the same as the flu. Not anywhere close. Consider that we scared the shit out of people over 65 to the point that I was shopping for some of my friends and neighbors and the infection rate is still on average with the worst flu season. Not to mention the death rate. 

Just stop making shit up and sharing in fake bullshit. Do it for everyone. Do it for America. Just damn stop. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nope. Not the same. Seems like you left out an entire age group that have been the largest number of infections. You also appear to want to ignore that the death rate is higher still than the flu in that older demographic even though the infection rate is roughly the same... also should add that the numbers are the same WITH EVERYONE LOCKED DOWN. 

Pretty glaring omission in my opinion. What say you?

What omission?  You have to READ THAT (right in the CDC anouncement posted) before you even get to the fine print...

Just because I point to some new admission, does not mean that I'm leaving other things out...

Just a footnote, but where you are wrong here, is these numbers are with and without "lockdown"..., and these were not CDC numbers showing the ever revised and declining death rate....

I thought you would be applauding the NEW POSITION of the CDC......Awesome news right?

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

"Just stop making shit up and sharing in fake bullshit. Do it for everyone. Do it for America. Just damn stop." ~ Post of a Lifetime (Hawg)

bgw

It's ludicrous man. Everyone has sacrificed. Nobody's life is the same as it was at Christmas of 2019. People want to proliferate lies and generally be misleading, at what could potentially be a great cost of everyone's sacrifice already. We all sacrificed much to try mitigating this virus and all of that sacrifice could be wasted due to people proliferating bullshit. Not anyone specific, but just people in general. People in government included, but especially pundits and general idiots on social media. 

• Like 1

4/23/20 846,000+ infected

46,000+ deceased

5/6/20 1,200,000+ infected

73,000 deceased

In thirteen days we are now averaging:

27,000+ new cases per day

2,100+ deaths per day.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

4/23/20 846,000+ infected

46,000+ deceased

5/6/20 1,200,000+ infected

73,000 deceased

In thirteen days we are now averaging:

27,000+ new cases per day

2,100+ deaths per day.

in 11 days Ill be back at the gym. It should have never been closed. 

• Haha 1

What might have been a more dangerous but manageable pandemic (which would be the fourth since 1975) suddenly became the species threatening, Spanish Flu-Black Death-end-of-times threat that required the most radical, draconian public health restrictions and economically suicidal behavior in modern history.

Consider the human cost of the last three pandemics. These are the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s figures:

• 1957-1958 – the Asian Flu (H2N2) led to 116,000 American dead and 1.1 million dead worldwide.
  • 1968 – during the Avian or Hong Kong Flu (H3N2) about 100,000 Americans died and about 1 million people died worldwide. (In the same year, there were 16,899 “incidents or deaths” in the Vietnam War.)
  • 2009 – The H1N1 Flu killed an estimated 12,469 Americans and worldwide the estimate of the number OF dead ranged from 151,000 to 575,000.

Keep in mind that our population was about 40 percent smaller in the late 1950s and '60s, so the numbers from those pandemics look smaller than they are relative to what we are experiencing today. In fact, their impacts were felt widely. Yet, these three pandemics were dealt with as medical events, and economic and social life proceeded with minimal disruption.

The combination of news media desperation for something about which to be hysterical, the Chinese Communist Party’s role in hiding and then lying about the new virus, and absurdly overstated claims of supposedly scientific modelers has led to the greatest self-inflicted economic disaster in history.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

What might have been a more dangerous but manageable pandemic (which would be the fourth since 1975) suddenly became the species threatening, Spanish Flu-Black Death-end-of-times threat that required the most radical, draconian public health restrictions and economically suicidal behavior in modern history.

Consider the human cost of the last three pandemics. These are the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s figures:

• 1957-1958 – the Asian Flu (H2N2) led to 116,000 American dead and 1.1 million dead worldwide.
  • 1968 – during the Avian or Hong Kong Flu (H3N2) about 100,000 Americans died and about 1 million people died worldwide. (In the same year, there were 16,899 “incidents or deaths” in the Vietnam War.)
  • 2009 – The H1N1 Flu killed an estimated 12,469 Americans and worldwide the estimate of the number OF dead ranged from 151,000 to 575,000.

Keep in mind that our population was about 40 percent smaller in the late 1950s and '60s, so the numbers from those pandemics look smaller than they are relative to what we are experiencing today. In fact, their impacts were felt widely. Yet, these three pandemics were dealt with as medical events, and economic and social life proceeded with minimal disruption.

The combination of news media desperation for something about which to be hysterical, the Chinese Communist Party’s role in hiding and then lying about the new virus, and absurdly overstated claims of supposedly scientific modelers has led to the greatest self-inflicted economic disaster in history.

you really don't understand how this post supports the national close down, do you?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Shiiiit... I've been at the gym for 2 weeks already. 

I'm going racing this weekend. 

95205693_4001680963205324_6746848049500258304_n.thumb.jpg.cfb5fbc245b5e390f53d6ca458ccf946.jpg

Question, since GA opened back up, has the state Turned into Zombie land? Are dead people stacked in the streets?

Serious question. I haven’t  given a shit about the Wuhan for a couple of weeks so I haven’t been paying attention to the death count.

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Question, since GA opened back up, has the state Turned into Zombie land? Are dead people stacked in the streets?

Serious question. I haven’t  given a shit about the Wuhan for a couple of weeks so I haven’t been paying attention to the death count.

Lol. Cases continue to climb, and the numbers today really reflect 2 weeks ago. I'm still in wait and see mode. 

We have flattened the curve which was the intent of the "lockdown" so that was successful as far as inundation of hospitals. It gave time to increase capacities as well so, we've accomplished the goal. 

I have no doubt there will be a resurgence of cases because we never had a downturn in infections, but, we have to build immunity somehow, so, as long as we aren't overrunning the hospitals with critical cases, I feel OK about what we're doing. I guarantee you I'm not swapping spit with strangers. xD

I'm still not going into the open dining rooms. I don't trust that the air-conditioning won't spread it to me even if there is 10 ft. between tables. 

We just have to be smart is all there is too it. If people get stupid and we start inundating the hospitals again, we'll be right back at square one with a lock down again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Cases are stable, but positivity rate of tests is down to 10% nationally, not 20% - in other words we are testing twice as much as a month ago.  If we had tested at the same rate a month ago, we likely would have had twice as many cases.  So this could be a sign the epidemic is starting to wane.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol. Cases continue to climb, and the numbers today really reflect 2 weeks ago. I'm still in wait and see mode. 

We have flattened the curve which was the intent of the "lockdown" so that was successful as far as inundation of hospitals. It gave time to increase capacities as well so, we've accomplished the goal. 

I have no doubt there will be a resurgence of cases because we never had a downturn in infections, but, we have to build immunity somehow, so, as long as we aren't overrunning the hospitals with critical cases, I feel OK about what we're doing. I guarantee you I'm not swapping spit with strangers. xD

I'm still not going into the open dining rooms. I don't trust that the air-conditioning won't spread it to me even if there is 10 ft. between tables. 

We just have to be smart is all there is too it. If people get stupid and we start inundating the hospitals again, we'll be right back at square one with a lock down again. 

Yeah really hard figuring this shit out or who and what to believe. On one hand you have New York who pretty much did everything the CDC and Trumps team told them to do. Now NY is a shit show. On the other hand you have FL who basically said fuck you to the CDC and Trumps team. They were told FL would turn into zombie land because of it. Instead FL has one of the lowest death by Wuhan totals per 100k.

Have you been paying attention to how Sweden has dealt with the Wuhan? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Yeah really hard figuring this shit out or who and what to believe. On one hand you have New York who pretty much did everything the CDC and Trumps team told them to do.

NOT QUITE EXACTLY.....

Taking all your contagious elderly patients....

and forcing them into nursing homes where there is no sign of the virus....

I don't think was part of any national plan.

What % of NY deaths has THAT RIDICULOUS ACTION  produced ?

🤔

PS...do you think releasing all those prisoners (when the prisons started testing positive) back into the hood helped any ?  I must have missed someone instructing the state to do that too... 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Now NY is a shit show.

Yeah....

go figure...

21 minutes ago, The Guru said:

So in thc6795 world ,a brilliant strategy that should be copied!

Still sounds better than NY's....

PS: You are much better off busting on the whole Flyn Flam thingy....

Make hay while your sun is shining.....

😜 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Still sounds better than NY's....

NYs population density is 416 per square mile (NYCs is 27,000).

Sweden's is 60.

They have a death rate of confirmed cases of 12.5%

Sweden's experiment has been an utter failure in public health. So of course thc6785 thinks we should look into it.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Sweden's experiment has been an utter failure in public health. SO of course thc6785 thinks we should look into it.

Did the Math for you...

Care to see how it works out???

We'll go by your referenced parameters,

so you can follow along... YOUR REFERENCED PARAMETERS:

The Scandinavian country, which has reported 3,040 virus-related fatalities, has seen a death rate of 297.16 for every 1 million citizens, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

The US, meanwhile, has confirmed 74,239 deaths — a rate of 226.33 deaths per 1 million people, the data shows.

----------

NYC, meanwhile, has  a rate of 1,686.20 deaths per 1 million people, the data shows.

Those elderly (most not even in those nursing homes), meanwhile, has  a rate of 12,627.60  deaths per 1 million people, the data shows.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109867/coronavirus-death-rates-by-age-new-york-city/ 

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

NYs populated density is 416 per square mile (NYCs is 27,000).

Sweden's is 60.

They have a death rate of confirmed cases of 12.5%

giphy.gif

You Can't just cross up YOUR OWN parameters....

And try to use...

death rate as % of CONFIRMED CASES for Sweden

Then bullshit everyone saying "it should compare to"

death rate as % of POPULATION for NY

So are you just a moron....or just a bad bullshitter?

🤔

PS: No hay for you here.... but you did EARN a thumbs down

👎

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Yeah really hard figuring this shit out or who and what to believe. On one hand you have New York who pretty much did everything the CDC and Trumps team told them to do. Now NY is a shit show. On the other hand you have FL who basically said fuck you to the CDC and Trumps team. They were told FL would turn into zombie land because of it. Instead FL has one of the lowest death by Wuhan totals per 100k.

Have you been paying attention to how Sweden has dealt with the Wuhan? 

Every area is different. Urban areas are clearly going to have a tougher time battling the virus due to how people interact and travel. Trains, subways and other tight places like that are prime for transmission. 

So, then, areas immediately surrounding those "hot spots" also have issues with containment due to travel between for work and leisure. 

Quality of hospitals and number of beds per capita plays a role as well. There is a lot of moving parts to it. 

I just know that every area isn't the same, so, to that effect, every area may be at different stages of realization or handling ot it all. 

I live 30 miles from one of the hottest spots in the state, so, we had a high per capita infection rate and a rural hospital without a huge ICU, so our risk was greater than some one far from a hot spot for instance. 

A lot of people work in the hotspot then live in the surrounding counties which affected us more heavily than others. Still our death rate for my county is low thankfully. Also we now collectively understand the signs of the infection earlier so we aren't going to the hospital practically on our deathbed already which has likely helped with death rate here. 

Basically, it makes sense that New York is more of a shit show than Moultrie, and they definitely needed to take more extreme actions earlier and for longer than we did. Same for my hotspot in Albany. They need be more careful than we do. It's a tough thing to deal with. They see us opening anD moving, but they have to collectively make the decision to hunker down a little longer. Idk man. All I know is we are all in it together. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Every area is different. Urban areas are clearly going to have a tougher time battling the virus due to how people interact and travel. Trains, subways and other tight places like that are prime for transmission. 

GREAT ANGLE.....🤣

Now apply it to all those Nursing home people who knock those numbers out of the ballpark !!!
giphy.gif

Urban areas Nursing home patients are clearly going to have a tougher time battling the virus due to how people interact and travel. Trains, subways and other tight places like that are prime for transmission. 

👍

Now take your lap around the bases....😜