Don't grab a police officers taser after you fall asleep at the drive thru

I AM IRONMAN

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/crime/2020/02/03/red-lion-fight-man-grabs-and-uses-two-state-polices-tasers-police-say/4646280002/

The drunk man "arrested"...  "Orvis began resisting the troopers, who tried to use a Taser on him, according to police.  Orvis grabbed the Taser and used it on a state trooper, hitting the officer in the right shoulder. Orvis continued deploying the Taser and almost hit another trooper in the head, police allege."

image.png.82b82d0c00407018d18b8b88721eac65.png

• Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Because this generation of sorry ass cops will shoot you in the back for that

and millions of dumbasses have become so desensitized that they justify it in droves

i miss T.J. Hooker☹️

Shoot you in the back ??? Guy was clearly dui , let’s let him drive off and run over a family at Wendy’s, dude stole the cops weapon and then runs and turns back towards officers and points weapon at their face

cmon now how you coming???

2CAB4B4C-D7E9-4DC5-9EFB-05170BE88C45.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Based on CURRENT news, the encounter was legit, the way it degraded into a fight will have to be sorted out based on cam/bodycam video. If he would have been shot the moment he took the taser and the struggle ensued, it would be justified based on the lawful deadly force continuum. 

At the point he was running away from the LEO's, deadly force should not have been used. They had his license. They had his vehicle. Pretty sure they could get a warrant and arrest him later.

You cant shoot someone in the back unless it is to protect your life or someone else's, and you BETTER be able to prove it in court. (Tennessee v. Gardner)

There is, and always has been too much grey area when using deadly force.

Addendum: FYI: No matter how innocent you may be, it is NEVER ok to fight the police and take a weapon. 

• Thanks 5
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/crime/2020/02/03/red-lion-fight-man-grabs-and-uses-two-state-polices-tasers-police-say/4646280002/

The drunk man "arrested"...  "Orvis began resisting the troopers, who tried to use a Taser on him, according to police.  Orvis grabbed the Taser and used it on a state trooper, hitting the officer in the right shoulder. Orvis continued deploying the Taser and almost hit another trooper in the head, police allege."

image.png.82b82d0c00407018d18b8b88721eac65.png

And yet he wasn't murdered....

The problem isn't just cops,it's this generation.

No one takes their profession seriously nor do they value life in general. It's always me first.

The same selfishness that lead to those sorry cops shooting a fleeing man that they know didn't have a gun is the same systemic selfishness that caused that man to pass out drunk in a damn drive thru in the first place.

It's also the in the same vein of selfishness that would make otherwise sensible individuals excuse and justify this murder. 

Whether it's doctors, teachers,  cops or the fucking pizza man, we need a complete re-education on ethics and civilility in this country.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

[...] we need a complete re-education on ethics and civilility in this country.

And the first thing that needs to go is the silly idea that there are no objective truths in morality, which is what we teach now, since otherwise every moral education would be just as valuable (or value-less) as every other moral education. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rockinl said:

Based on CURRENT news, the encounter was legit, the way it degraded into a fight will have to be sorted out based on cam/bodycam video. If he would have been shot the moment he took the taser and the struggle ensued, it would be justified based on the lawful deadly force continuum. 

At the point he was running away from the LEO's, deadly force should not have been used. They had his license. They had his vehicle. Pretty sure they could get a warrant and arrest him later.

You cant shoot someone in the back unless it is to protect your life or someone else's, and you BETTER be able to prove it in court. (Tennessee v. Gardner)

There is, and always has been too much grey area when using deadly force.

Addendum: FYI: No matter how innocent you may be, it is NEVER ok to fight the police and take a weapon. 

Here’s the video, you can’t steal a police taser and then point and shoot it at the officers face

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshhV87uTrBmjPpnacUI

@SOCIntellectualProperty I don’t know what reality you live in but that’s a Big No No 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Here’s the video, you can’t steal a police taser and then point and shoot it at the officers face

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshhV87uTrBmjPpnacUI

@SOCIntellectualProperty I don’t know what reality you live in but that’s a Big No No 

'No-no' or not... it does not justify execution 

Plenty of former police agree

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

'No-no' or not... it does not justify execution 

Plenty of former police agree

If they were trying to execute him, there would have been 30 shots not 3.... it’s easy for you to judge someone until your in their shoes ... wtf you want them to do while their busy avoiding being shot with a taser in the face

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

He was running away, shot in the back and killed.

Executed, plain and simple.

Fuck the no-nos, dui, priors, pimple on the ass bullshit..... man was executed.

Due process, too many "Judge Dredds" running around.

bgw

Cmon buwey he ran at first but then decided to turn back towards the officer and shoot the taser at his face 

Two clear truths from what I could see:

1) The man was an idiot. He was being treated peacefully and respectfully, and there was no reason I could see for his surprise resistance.

2) He was not a real threat as he ran and should not have been shot. Let alone killed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Cmon buwey he ran at first but then decided to turn back towards the officer and shoot the taser at his face 

He did not really turn. He pointed the taser behind him. Then he was shot. It's not like he was standing his ground or anything. Like it was said they had his car. He could have been arrested later. Now his kids are orphaned and his wife widowed. I can't support this. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Taser for the most part is not lethal, a sidearm is.

This job is difficult, but you must have presence of mind.

He panicked, never had control of the situation.

bgw

I’m just saying it’s a lot easier saying what he could have done behind a computer,   All that adrenaline in his body , I honestly don’t believe he wanted to murder him, I’ve seen plenty of asshole cops empty whole clips into people, he just made a Horrendous choice to pull out his handgun and shoot him but like I said it’s a lot Easier saying what he could have done 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I don’t want anyone to get killed.  It ain’t worth it - for the one shot or the officer.  Police are expected to be restrained.  But situations can go south fast, and often do.  When you resist arrest, when you grab a gun or taser, you are escalating into territory where bad stuff gets more likely.  Policemen and policewomen want to go home at the end of their shifts - they don’t want to die either.  Nor do they want to get charged with murder.

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m just saying it’s a lot easier saying what he could have done behind a computer,   All that adrenaline in his body , I honestly don’t believe he wanted to murder him, I’ve seen plenty of asshole cops empty whole clips into people, he just made a Horrendous choice to pull out his handgun and shoot him but like I said it’s a lot Easier saying what he could have done 

Now that I agree with.. I could tell you some things that happened to me today with a young 270 pound male with no neck, traps from shoulder to ear lobe and he's alive and nobody got hurt or dead.

It can be done, de escalation and understanding the situation at hand.

bgw

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

He did not really turn. He pointed the taser behind him. Then he was shot. It's not like he was standing his ground or anything. Like it was said they had his car. He could have been arrested later. Now his kids are orphaned and his wife widowed. I can't support this. 

I understand but wtf is the police so supposed to do, just let him go home, maybe run over someone’s kid chilling at the Wendy’s parking lot, they tried to calmly arrest him, I just don’t get what the solution is supposed to be.
Just let people be free? Let them drive high and drunk , rob banks , domestic violence etc etc 

the worlds a super fucked up place

people need the police

and this is coming from someone who done years behind bars because of them