Don't grab a police officers taser after you fall asleep at the drive thru

I AM IRONMAN

7 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

This was just silly

Taking issue with him being shot in the back by paid officials isn't the same 'defending him'

I'm actually defending his right to live and right to a trial 

Well your doing a Dog shit job at defending him, because if you actually watched the video you would see once he got past the suv he turns to officer and shoots at his face

@SOCIntellectualProperty at the end of day your %100 defending the guy because the color of his skin and not by his actions 

no bueno dude, you really gotta tighten up

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Well your doing a Dog shit job at defending him, because if you actually watched the video you would see once he got past the suv he turns to officer and shoots at his face

@SOCIntellectualProperty at the end of day your %100 defending the guy because the color of his skin and not by his actions 

no bueno dude, you really gotta tighten up

He never turned. He basically pointed the taser behind his back and discharged it. 

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

true doesn't deserve what happened and but also doesn't deserved to be portrayed as some loving, caring family man saint of a man either..  look bad shit happens to good people and bad shit happens to bad people.. It's part of  life and always will be..As will people profiting off of tragedy... All this craziness over these completely random and not common things..And people getting very rich over it.. People donating millions to a cause that nobody knows exactly what the money is going towards.. Well other than a fancy royal funeral for a criminal.. sheesh!

Over 300 people will die today and everyday from addiction.. Many of them teenagers and young adults.. Where is the outrage for that? Where is the 100's of millions donations for that cause? If you want to donate to an actual worthwhile cause that can actually help people donate here.. Ask a parent who lost a child to addiction what they think of the bullshit going on...

http://www.attackaddiction.org/

Media is gonna do what sells scripts.... not gonna get butthurt over what the media say or does or what the family says. The family will be compensated of course they’re gonna remember the “good”.

I try to remain dispassionate and objective as possible, I have enough issues as it is without piling it on. 

bgw 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Running away should not be automatically believed to be running from harm in an innocent way. 

You can be running for cover to continue an altercation. 

For example. If someone broke into my house and was upstairs when I noticed them and I grabbed a gun so they took off downstairs. Now if they are running downstairs and I shoot them in their back, they could have been trying to escape out the front door. 

OR they could be moving to another part of the house to regroup and start more terror. 

When dealing with low life pieces of shit it’s best to shoot first and ask questions later. When you are criminal garbage, getting killed by the police is like gang related death. Eventually your lifestyle will catch up to you. 

You’re right, when I’m stomping a mud hole in your weak white lily nationalistic ass, I’m gonna take a breather and go hide in the bushes and wait on you to walk by whistling Dixie. 

Sound logical, let’s do it. 

bge

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Well, as usual, this is devolving into another black vs white instead of whats lawful and constitutional.

Defending constitutional rights is NOT defending criminal behavior.

Im out.

No ur not leaving that easy.. 

I want to debate, what the hell you want the cop to do in a split second while looking directly down the barrel of the taser, like I said if the cop really wanted him dead he would have unloaded the whole clip.  If anything the cop should have fired below the hip so he would take the guy down without fatally injuring him

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

True dat.. Were all going to have our own opinions on the matter.. it's all good..  Can we all at least agree that this is a nice ass? 

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor, text that says 'hell is gonna be lit'

Just sick of the killing bro. I would say 6-7 years ago when I was looking at this I sided with the LEOs with the same reasoning, priors, criminal activity, failure to comply, yadda, yadda, et al. 

We need better trained servants in de escalation and restraint techniques, hell the mentally ill are getting blown away daily and buried. 

Just bad stuff all around. 

bgw

• Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Well, as usual, this is devolving into another black vs white instead of whats lawful and constitutional.

Im out.

Don’t be out bro, I still think your a Butthayd!

I think we need better training for all servants  that come in contact with the public whether it be schools, social work and law enforcement. De escalation and restraint. A 8 course to get certified ain’t it, obviously. 

bgw

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, rockinl said:

I had jury duty once where the defense lawyer said something that has always stuck with me:  "There is a difference between being innocent and being not guilty".

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 2:56 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If they were trying to execute him, there would have been 30 shots not 3.... it’s easy for you to judge someone until your in their shoes ... wtf you want them to do while their busy avoiding being shot with a taser in the face

WTF is wrong with you?  Did you see how far away he was from the cops?  How far do you think tasers go?  Dude either you have changed over the last few months or your true self has been coming out.  Either way your rationality and common sense has flown the coop.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

No ur not leaving that easy.. 

I want to debate, what the hell you want the cop to do in a split second while looking directly down the barrel of the taser, like I said if the cop really wanted him dead he would have unloaded the whole clip.  If anything the cop should have fired below the hip so he would take the guy down without fatally injuring him

Down the barrel of a taser from how many yards away?  You just can't help some people to understand reason.  I'm out as well. Y'all enjoy your klan rally over here.  Deuces.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

He never turned. He basically pointed the taser behind his back and discharged it. 

I've watched the video twice now, which is hard to do, and though I don't have any sympathy for those who argue that the man deserved to die because he had a shameful past and because he made some very bad decisions on the night he was killed, he does punch one of the officers and then points the taser at the other officer around 3:50 in the video. Maybe that's what people are referring to when they say that the victim turned toward the police. Still, I think that @rockinl has said that once the victim had fled, the officers didn't have the right to shoot him.

On an unrelated note, as someone who used to do BJJ, I can't help but think that a little jiu-jitsu might've solved this problem. If the officer had got his "hooks in," which he easily could've done, and applied a "rear naked choke," the conflict would've been over very quickly. With a proper choke, you can make someone go unconscious in just a few seconds. Of course, you've got to release the choke once the person goes unconscious, or else you'll kill the guy, but if you do release it, he always regains consciousness. I've never see anyone die in the gym, though I imagine it's a theoretical possibility. Maybe in a paradoxical sense, a chokehold, properly applied, might be a relatively safe, non-lethal way to disarm a belligerent suspect. 

On 6/14/2020 at 6:12 PM, rockinl said:

One in the same. Taser. It was the taser he fired. 

The deadly force should have taken place before he fled, if it was going to take place. The police officers only defense will be that they felt their lives were threatened, and he will have an uphill battle justifying it, given the fact that the suspect is running as fast as he can directly away from him.

If he would have a pistol in his hand, then the case for imminent threat is there....case over. But the fact he had an already fired taser and missed, case not over.

Case is over..   While in a foot pursuit and the suspect turns with something and fires it.   That's 100% meets all requirement for Deadly Force.    

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I've watched the video twice now, which is hard to do, and though I don't have any sympathy for those who argue that the man deserved to die because he had a shameful past and because he made some very bad decisions on the night he was killed, he does punch one of the officers and then points the taser at the other officer around 3:50 in the video. Maybe that's what people are referring to when they say that the victim turned toward the police. Still, I think that @rockinl has said that once the victim had fled, the officers didn't have the right to shoot him.

On an unrelated note, as someone who used to do BJJ, I can't help but think that a little jiu-jitsu might've solved this problem. If the officer had got his "hooks in," which he easily could've done, and applied a "rear naked choke," the conflict would've been over very quickly. With a proper choke, you can make someone go unconscious in just a few seconds. Of course, you've got to release the choke once the person goes unconscious, or else you'll kill the guy, but if you do release it, he always regains consciousness. I've never see anyone die in the gym, though I imagine it's a theoretical possibility. Maybe in a paradoxical sense, a chokehold, properly applied, might be a relatively safe, non-lethal way to disarm a belligerent suspect. 

If Brooks would of just kept running and never turned and pointed anything at the officer.   Yes.

The second Brooks turned with something in his hand and fired it...  Game over.   Meets every level of Deadly Force of every Police Dept in America.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Texasfrog said:

Case is over..   While in a foot pursuit and the suspect turns with something and fires it.   That's 100% meets all requirement for Deadly Force.    

A taser is not considered a deadly weapon. Fact. Do you have ANY clue about the force continuum?

Have you ever been in a deadly force situation situation?

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Ok 1 Adam 12. I stand corrected. 

This aint the Navy.

Has nothing to do with the NAVY or the Military or Rules of Engagement if your in OEF or OIF.

It has to do with Domestic Law Enforcement on Local, State and Federal Levels.

You can't resist arrest,  throw punches, fight on the ground, steal a taser gun, take off running in a short foot pursuit and in that foot pursuit with a LEO feet behind you and suddenly turn around with something in your hand (furtive Move) is what its called for you....  and actually shoot and expect the LEO to not pull his service pistol out and use Deadly force.    (PS... all this happens in seconds to mili-seconds).

JUST FYI... 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1