Georgia folks (Football question)

Nolebull813

What game would be the best to go see live when you combine venue, with the quality of teams? Gonna be up in Atlanta assuming football season exists September 4th weekend. These are the games i got off the GHSA site. 

Marietta AT McEachern

Brookwood AT Walton

Stephenson AT Grayson

Parkview AT North Gwinnett

Mill Creek AT Dacula

Johns Creek AT Milton (Freedom Bowl)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What game would be the best to go see live when you combine venue, with the quality of teams? Gonna be up in Atlanta assuming football season exists September 4th weekend. These are the games i got off the GHSA site. 

Marietta AT McEachern

Brookwood AT Walton

Stephenson AT Grayson

Mill Creek AT Dacula

Parkview at North Gwinnett, hands down. I'm not saying this because I go to North Gwinnett, but moreso because these two teams are title contenders and North Gwinnett has a 25 game winning streak at home, making it a tough environment to play in. Marietta is average and so is McEachern. Brookwood went 4-6 last year. Stephenson is average as well. Mill Creek vs. Dacula is a good game, but Dacula is 6A not 7A. Johns Creek vs. Milton is also very good, but the environment won't be as great. Allround, North Gwinnett vs. Parkview is the game you have to attend.

• Like 2

I forgot to add this is the last post: there will be fans from both schools showing up at this game BIG TIME. Parkview (the away team) has one of the most nationally famous student sections, known as the Orange Jungle. Meanwhile, North Gwinnett has knocked off great teams at home like Colquitt County, Armwood, Hillgrove, McEachern, Marietta, etc. This should be a game for the ages in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Marietta AT McEachern

Brookwood AT Walton

Stephenson AT Grayson

Mill Creek AT Dacula

1st one and fourth one. 

bgw

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

1st one and fourth one. 

bgw

Do you think Marietta at McEachern will be a good game? Marietta doesn't have their star powers and everyone transferred out of McEachern. Even with Harrison Bailey in 2018, Marietta went 5-6 or something like that. McEachern lost their quarterback and wide receiver and despite beating Marietta last year, aren't that great. They will likely be a 6-4 or 7-3 team next year in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Do you think Marietta at McEachern will be a good game? Marietta doesn't have their star powers and everyone transferred out of McEachern. Even with Harrison Bailey in 2018, Marietta went 5-6 or something like that. McEachern lost their quarterback and wide receiver and despite beating Marietta last year, aren't that great. They will likely be a 6-4 or 7-3 team next year in my opinion.

Both teams will be ok but let’s face it, it’s graysons title to lose. 

mceacherns stadium for HSFB in jawja is as nice a stadium as there is. Their visitors accommodations are worse than a little league park ball teams, but the mceacherns facilities are top shelf. 

Just now, Sweetlarry said:

Both teams will be ok but let’s face it, it’s graysons title to lose. 

mceacherns stadium for HSFB in jawja is as nice a stadium as there is. Their visitors accommodations are worse than a little league park ball teams, but the mceacherns facilities are top shelf. 

Honestly, I feel it's open to Lowndes, Grayson, or Parkview. Maybe even North Gwinnett potentially, especially seeing their development the past few years and the two 5-stars they currently have. And yes, Walter Cantrell Stadium is amazing, but it never fills to capacity, giving the feeling of a weak crowd. I still stand by North Gwinnett-Parkview being the best game and a very good environment. I have been to Walter Cantrell Stadium at McEachern for a playoff game and honestly, the environment isn't as great as advertised. As the away team, we ended up being the louder group, moreso than the home fans. And we convincingly won 32-13. I believe that if @Nolebull813 goes to the Marietta vs. McEachern game, he will miss out, both by not seeing great football and by seeing a more than half-empty stadium. In my opinion, it's better to fill up a 3,000 seat stadium than half-fill a 6,000 seat stadium (I know McEachern's is over 12,000, proving my case even more). Parkview at North Gwinnett has everything you're looking for in a football game: a great atmosphere (often underrated), great playmakers (Barrett Carter and Jordan Hancock for North Gwinnett and Cody Brown for Parkview), and great teams (12-2 North Gwinnett and 12-2 Parkview last year).

31 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yep. Rivalry. Cobb has a special level of hate. 

bgw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yep. Rivalry. Cobb has a special level of hate. 

bgw

I see. But I'm just a little surprised that you would prioritize a rivalry game between two middle-of-the-pack teams over a high-powered matchup with state championship implications. I see where you're coming from though.

27 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, I feel it's open to Lowndes, Grayson, or Parkview. Maybe even North Gwinnett potentially, especially seeing their development the past few years and the two 5-stars they currently have. And yes, Walter Cantrell Stadium is amazing, but it never fills to capacity, giving the feeling of a weak crowd. I still stand by North Gwinnett-Parkview being the best game and a very good environment. I have been to Walter Cantrell Stadium at McEachern for a playoff game and honestly, the environment isn't as great as advertised. As the away team, we ended up being the louder group, moreso than the home fans. And we convincingly won 32-13. I believe that if @Nolebull813 goes to the Marietta vs. McEachern game, he will miss out, both by not seeing great football and by seeing a more than half-empty stadium. In my opinion, it's better to fill up a 3,000 seat stadium than half-fill a 6,000 seat stadium (I know McEachern's is over 12,000, proving my case even more). Parkview at North Gwinnett has everything you're looking for in a football game: a great atmosphere (often underrated), great playmakers (Barrett Carter and Jordan Hancock for North Gwinnett and Cody Brown for Parkview), and great teams (12-2 North Gwinnett and 12-2 Parkview last year).

Don't sleep on Camden this year. They have a lot of studs returning. 

I low-key feel like Marietta is gonna be better than expected as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Don't sleep on Camden this year. They have a lot of studs returning. 

I low-key feel like Marietta is gonna be better than expected as well.

Camden has serious potential for next year, but I still think they fall behind Lowndes and Colquitt in their region. This of no fault of theirs, it's just that Lowndes and Colquitt are dominant.

Marietta could do good next year, but I don't see them being any better than 6-4. They lost a lot of players and history has shown that even with star players, they go 5-6. I'm not too high on them, but I'd say they will make the playoffs and lose in the second round. 

22 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Camden has serious potential for next year, but I still think they fall behind Lowndes and Colquitt in their region. This of no fault of theirs, it's just that Lowndes and Colquitt are dominant.

Marietta could do good next year, but I don't see them being any better than 6-4. They lost a lot of players and history has shown that even with star players, they go 5-6. I'm not too high on them, but I'd say they will make the playoffs and lose in the second round. 

Shiiiit.... with colquitt losing guys left and right (according to our Georgia brethren @imaGoodBoyNow), colquitt may not finish where we expect them to. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Shiiiit.... with colquitt losing guys left and right (according to our Georgia brethren @imaGoodBoyNow), colquitt may not finish where we expect them to. 

I guess, but then again, it's Colquitt. Just like Alabama, no matter how trash we think they will be the following year, they will always exceed expectations. I can't remember the last time Colquitt was bad, and I doubt that their coach will let them give up, even if they don't have the players. 

55 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I see. But I'm just a little surprised that you would prioritize a rivalry game between two middle-of-the-pack teams over a high-powered matchup with state championship implications. I see where you're coming from though.

Grayson should dominate. The NG and Marietta games will be competitive. Those others .... I don’t think so  

bgw

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Grayson should dominate. The NG and Marietta games will be competitive. Those others .... I don’t think so  

bgw

Yeah, I agree. I think the Marietta-McEachern game will be close score-wise, but not as exciting talent-wise as North Gwinnett-Parkview. I hope both games turn out to be classics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Marietta AT McEachern

Brookwood AT Walton

Stephenson AT Grayson

Mill Creek AT Dacula

Parkview @ NG without a doubt... 

Walton and Brookwood are both down... 

Marietta and Mceachern are both down... 

As much as I like Stephenson they're no match for Grayson... 

Idk much about how MC @ Dacula will play out it could be a good game. 

JC @ Milton might be Decent... Idk...

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

I guess, but then again, it's Colquitt. Just like Alabama, no matter how trash we think they will be the following year, they will always exceed expectations. I can't remember the last time Colquitt was bad, and I doubt that their coach will let them give up, even if they don't have the players. 

Our coach let us "give up" last year when we had the players. That shit didn't happen when we had a real coach on the sideline. We went and got one of them types of coaches you were bragging about yesterday and now we will have an average football program going forward.

39 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Seems like the consensus is Parkview at NG. Thanks a lot. 

I would have went to Buford to go share klan stories with @BUFORDGAWOLVES but they are playing some team called Lithium Battery High. I mean Lithuania. Actually it’s Lithonia. Doesn’t get the blood flowing 

The Winnersville Classic didn't make your list? It's a closer drive and will feature Rush vs a former assistant of his starring Colquitt players against the hated Vikings. Lol

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Our coach let us "give up" last year when we had the players. That shit didn't happen when we had a real coach on the sideline. We went and got one of them types of coaches you were bragging about yesterday and now we will have an average football program going forward.

What do you think your record will be next year given next year's schedule?

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The Winnersville Classic didn't make your list? It's a closer drive and will feature Rush vs a former assistant of his starring Colquitt players against the hated Vikings. Lol

I think he said on September 4th only. He said he would be in Georgia on that day. The Winnersville Classic is later.