Our country is fat, spoiled and narcissistic...

noonereal

We won't even wear a mask. We deserve Trump. He really does represent us perfectly. 

This is like living The Twilight Zone.

The irresponsibility and spoiled nature of the average human is shocking and I have always considered humans a failed species.

I don't think anyone can argue with me any longer.

Friends are flipping out that bars are not opened, that their favorite restaurant is only outdoor dinning.

It's disgusting.

And let's not forget the irresponsible "protester" or statue destroyer.

What we are living is surreal and it's the failed human race that has done all this.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, noonereal said:

We won't even wear a mask. We deserve Trump. He really does represent us perfectly. 

The irresponsibility and spoiled nature of the average human is shocking and I have always considered humans a failed species.

Friends are flipping out that bars are not opened, that their favorite restaurant is only outdoor dinning.

It's disgusting.

What we are living is surreal and it's the failed human race that has done all this.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. There is really no other way to explain it. All great powers eventually melt down. But I never expected the USA would go in my lifetime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

It's disgusting.

Failed species?  The test isn't over yet.  And I know that this will make you cringe but we are spirits having a human experience.  Actors in a play brother.  Some of us have been here before many times and some are rookies, so to speak.  You can tell which ones are rookies.

Don't you see any signs of hope anywhere.  I do and I aspire to be better and do better in thought and deed every day.  I fail quite often but the upward trajectory is certain.  We all eventually will find ourselves at the same place but not at the same time and not in the same manner.  

But I do get the point you are making and it is not lost on me that I need to go the unproven (to you anyway) spiritual argument to counter the failed species argument.  

Hope all is well brother.

Btw, you place blame on humans but what about the damn deer?  Those menaces.  You have not forgotten about them have you?  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

All great powers eventually melt down. But I never expected the USA would go in my lifetime.

What constitutes a “great power”?  A nation that takes more from the earth than it gives back?  A nation that can build great skyscrapers?  A nation that can impose it’s will on others through the horrors of violent conflict?  A nation that can assemble great wealth yet can’t stem increasing poverty? A nation that hasn’t figured out the truth behind our simple existence?

You may feel like your lifetime is some significant period?  The 80 years or so “human perspective” that we get to work with is but a blip in the timeline of humanity, and inconceivably brief in the realm of earth time.  It’s not our lifetime that we should feel bad about, but the opportunity we (humanity) have robbed from future generations.  We should all feel fortunate that we don’t have to witness the reconciliation in our lifetime.

But, as bad as it seems, consider that right at this time,  here in the USA, there are millions of people hanging out together, enjoying each other’s company, celebrating, creating lasting memories, kicking back, cherishing the time they are having with friends, family, acquaintances etc.  Yes, despite the viral pandemic, the pandemic of cynicism,  the pandemic of irresponsible use of social media to incite others..... a significant amount of people here in the USA, are enjoying their lives.  Most of them would consider that’s what make our country great.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, On2whls said:

What constitutes a “great power”?  A nation that takes more from the earth than it gives back?  A nation that can build great skyscrapers?  A nation that can impose it’s will on others through the horrors of violent conflict?  A nation that can assemble great wealth yet can’t stem increasing poverty? A nation that hasn’t figured out the truth behind our simple existence?

You may feel like your lifetime is some significant period?  The 80 years or so “human perspective” that we get to work with is but a blip in the timeline of humanity, and inconceivably brief in the realm of earth time.  It’s not our lifetime that we should feel bad about, but the opportunity we (humanity) have robbed from future generations.  We should all feel fortunate that we don’t have to witness the reconciliation in our lifetime.

But, as bad as it seems, consider that right at this time,  here in the USA, there are millions of people hanging out together, enjoying each other’s company, celebrating, creating lasting memories, kicking back, cherishing the time they are having with friends, family, acquaintances etc.  Yes, despite the viral pandemic, the pandemic of cynicism,  the pandemic of irresponsible use of social media to incite others..... a significant amount of people here in the USA, are enjoying their lives.  Most of them would consider that’s what make our country great.

1. A great power as defined in history books is one that exercises its influence, if not dominance, over other nations.

2. My lifetime is but a blip in the lifetime of the universe. Precisely for that reason, I never figured I would live to see the USA meltdown the way it has been doing this year.

3. Rome burned while Nero fiddled (or so it is said), and people partied on the decks of the Titanic immediately before it took in water. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

1. A great power as defined in history books is one that exercises its influence, if not dominance, over other nations.

2. My lifetime is but a blip in the lifetime of the universe. Precisely for that reason, I never figured I would live to see the USA meltdown the way it has been doing this year.

3. Rome burned while Nero fiddled (or so it is said), and people partied on the decks of the Titanic immediately before it took in water. 

The US of the 60’s and 70’s were pretty much in turmoil as well.  Remember Carter’s “national malaise”?  The only problem is we are leaving it in the hands of the millennials.  Gen Z will having to be the nation’s saviors.

10 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The US of the 60’s and 70’s were pretty much in turmoil as well.  Remember Carter’s “national malaise”?  The only problem is we are leaving it in the hands of the millennials.  Gen Z will having to be the nation’s saviors.

This is not the 60s. The 60s were about Vietnam and civil rights. Today, we are truly facing malaise across the board. It is of our own doing. I fear it will not end well. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

This is not the 60s. The 60s were about Vietnam and civil rights. Today, we are truly facing malaise across the board. It is of our own doing. I fear it will not end well. 

The late 70’s were pretty much in the toilet.  Stagflation, the USSR was transcendent, gas prices, Watergate, the Iran hostages, post-Vietnam malaise.  And Ronald Reagan got the car keys.

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Yeah, right

Right! He contributed to the destruction of the union movement by firing the Air Traffic Controllers when they were out on strike. His administration passed rules allowing company management to buy back company stock thereby creating artificial demand for the stock to their benefit because stock options became a huge part of executive compensation. Under his administration, the true gutting of American manufacturing took off in earnest. Yes, Bill Clinton did accelerate the trend, I acknowledge that, but RR was a true pioneer of the process.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Right! He contributed to the destruction of the union movement by firing the Air Traffic Controllers when they were out on strike. His administration passed rules allowing company management to buy back company stock thereby creating artificial demand for the stock to their benefit because stock options became a huge part of executive compensation. Under his administration, the true gutting of American manufacturing took off in earnest. Yes, Bill Clinton did accelerate the trend, I acknowledge that, but RR was a true pioneer of the process.  

Firing the ATC was one of the best things he did.  He warned them, they did anyway, he fired them ... and when it was over, told them to pound sand.  And stock options is hardly the be all and end all of the Reagan years.  Ask the people of Eastern Europe 

26 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Firing the ATC was one of the best things he did.  He warned them, they did anyway, he fired them ... and when it was over, told them to pound sand.  And stock options is hardly the be all and end all of the Reagan years.  Ask the people of Eastern Europe 

Firing the ATC was criminal. It criminalized the working class and their right to have unions. Stock buyback legalization was also criminal. It gave corporate executives the right to steal from all of us. As to the people of Eastern Europe, I find it profoundly ironic you bring that up when our present POTUS sides with Putin over people in the Crimea. But I can't say I am surprised. 

Carry on ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

So he fired people that wouldn't work. I wish all of america worked like that 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Exactly...hypocrites

Or just educating themselves and learning how to progress the country to being closer to the real American dream. You are a sad human. I would say educate yourself but I assume you are the type to ignore the truth of the world around you.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Firing the ATC was criminal. It criminalized the working class and their right to have unions. Stock buyback legalization was also criminal. It gave corporate executives the right to steal from all of us. As to the people of Eastern Europe, I find it profoundly ironic you bring that up when our present POTUS sides with Putin over people in the Crimea. But I can't say I am surprised. 

Carry on ...

You are speaking to those who don't want to know or face the truths of any matter.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 10:50 AM, DarterBlue said:

Unfortunately, I agree with you. There is really no other way to explain it. All great powers eventually melt down. But I never expected the USA would go in my lifetime.

I've often thought during the past couple of decades "so this is what the decline of empire feels like."   But I too have been shocked by the pace recently.

Let's face it.  Our government has given up on any kind of public health response to COVID.  This is a betrayal, and as a result many people are going to die. 

So now we must act like we don't have a government -- Just family, friends, and community.   Take care of them.  It's up to us to be as responsible and careful as our government is reckless and foolish. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1