OT: Bombshell! Trump asked Coats, US' top intel official to intervene with Comey

BigDrop

2 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

The reaction to this all depends on what you were looking for going in. Trump collusion and obstruction of that collusion? No. Serious other issues? Yup. It shows a frustrated egotist puzzled as to why he's being linked with Russia, and lashing out foolishly. That's pretty much it.

If Dems hadn't wildly overplayed the notion that Trump colluded with Russia in 2016, this testimony would hurt him. They did. So it won't.

But it shouldn't prevent conservatives and moderates from calling a spade a spade. Trump obviously behaved inappropriately. If Obama had said “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty" to the Director of the FBI, the right would have probably gone nuclear.

Trump has made mistakes no doubt and has a business psyche for sure.  But he went to Washington to shake it to its core - there was always going to be conflict between the entrenched and him.  There is a concerted effort in Washington to destroy him.  Loyalty does not just mean covering for me, but also not being part of a palace coup.  These people are trying to overturn the results on an election they did not like - and they need to be resisted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Trump has made mistakes no doubt and has a business psyche for sure.  But he went to Washington to shake it to its core - there was always going to be conflict between the entrenched and him.  There is a concerted effort in Washington to destroy him.  Loyalty does not just mean covering for me, but also not being part of a palace coup.  These people are trying to overturn the results on an election they did not like - and they need to be resisted.

That's your story???

I'm honestly digging the investigation and the "theatrics" involved by both sides. We have so far, guys testifying that they didn't receive "orders or directives" and obviously these guys are pretty battle tested guys in their positions, so, them saying that they didn't feel pressured because there wasn't a directive doesn't mean that Trump is totally innocent of making sly attempts to obstruct or redirect the investigations that are ongoing. Obviously these guys are somewhat fearful of what could come from telling the "public" what their conversations were about specifically. However, they are willing to tell Mueller in a private setting, which should eventually become available to the rest of us one way or another.

We see that Comey intends to divulge similar information although he doesn't mind going into more depth on conversations with the president, one can assume because he was fired already and never felt personally loyal to Trump, which apparently isn't something the guys that testified today can honestly say as they are tight lipped on whatever was said to them by the president.

As someone else has mentioned, while these little tidbits aren't exactly a smoking gun they certainly show misconduct at the minimum by Trump and there seems to be a good deal of this type of evidence piling up. We have to keep in mind that the Mueller investigation is just getting going good and is appearing at least thus far to be run in a much more professional and behind the scenes type of manner. Everyone knows that these congressional oversight hearings are for theater and browbeating of the involved parties and "hostile or uncooperative" witnesses. 

If any absolute truth or prosecutions are going to come from any of this stuff, it will be coming from the Mueller side of the investigation and not the high theater of congress.

I do somewhat hope for the Republicans to keep pushing the issue on the surveillance and "unmasking" stuff though. We all deserve to know and understand how invaded our privacy has been and could become for sure, and as a special gift in all of that, it's possible that we can get some actual names and information on the intel collected from the Trump campaign as they communicated with Russian "operatives". The very information that Trump himself is trying to at the minimum, slyly suppress and at the worst, obstruct the investigation from uncovering and reporting on it. 

So far, a lot of, if not most of the maneuvering that Trump and his administration has tried to do as it pertains to these allegations and investigations, has quite frankly backfired and I for one am hoping that this trend continues, if for no other reason than to keep the last American circus alive and well.

Image result for when one circus closes, another one opens

No matter how much anyone tries to spin it or deny it, all of this is extremely damaging and proves that the guy in charge is certainly dirty and doesn't mind at all being pretty underhanded in his dealings with his fellow government parties and especially the legal oversight parts of the country. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm honestly digging the investigation and the "theatrics" involved by both sides. We have so far, guys testifying that they didn't receive "orders or directives" and obviously these guys are pretty battle tested guys in their positions, so, them saying that they didn't feel pressured because there wasn't a directive doesn't mean that Trump is totally innocent of making sly attempts to obstruct or redirect the investigations that are ongoing. Obviously these guys are somewhat fearful of what could come from telling the "public" what their conversations were about specifically. However, they are willing to tell Mueller in a private setting, which should eventually become available to the rest of us one way or another.

We see that Comey intends to divulge similar information although he doesn't mind going into more depth on conversations with the president, one can assume because he was fired already and never felt personally loyal to Trump, which apparently isn't something the guys that testified today can honestly say as they are tight lipped on whatever was said to them by the president.

As someone else has mentioned, while these little tidbits aren't exactly a smoking gun they certainly show misconduct at the minimum by Trump and there seems to be a good deal of this type of evidence piling up. We have to keep in mind that the Mueller investigation is just getting going good and is appearing at least thus far to be run in a much more professional and behind the scenes type of manner. Everyone knows that these congressional oversight hearings are for theater and browbeating of the involved parties and "hostile or uncooperative" witnesses. 

If any absolute truth or prosecutions are going to come from any of this stuff, it will be coming from the Mueller side of the investigation and not the high theater of congress.

I do somewhat hope for the Republicans to keep pushing the issue on the surveillance and "unmasking" stuff though. We all deserve to know and understand how invaded our privacy has been and could become for sure, and as a special gift in all of that, it's possible that we can get some actual names and information on the intel collected from the Trump campaign as they communicated with Russian "operatives". The very information that Trump himself is trying to at the minimum, slyly suppress and at the worst, obstruct the investigation from uncovering and reporting on it. 

So far, a lot of, if not most of the maneuvering that Trump and his administration has tried to do as it pertains to these allegations and investigations, has quite frankly backfired and I for one am hoping that this trend continues, if for no other reason than to keep the last American circus alive and well.

No matter how much anyone tries to spin it or deny it, all of this is extremely damaging and proves that the guy in charge is certainly dirty and doesn't mind at all being pretty underhanded in his dealings with his fellow government parties and especially the legal oversight parts of the country. 

Hey soon fast and furious or the IRS scandal or Benghazi, are forgotten? Did any of this make you feel the guy in charge was dirty? I'll go out on a limb and say it didn't. It just depends what party glasses you are looking thru

43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And the Clintons were pure as the driven snow.  Bill - Loretta Lynch - criminal investigation - tarmac.

The short term memory of liberals never ceases to amaze me. Instead of looking in the mirror and realizing they put up the worst candidate ever in American politics, they inundate the country with useless bs. 8 years of scandal after scandal and not one peep. 

8 hours ago, concha said:

Or it pertains to obsessive demented, batshit, libtard accusations that are dropping like flies.

Just an observation.

Reporter: Mr. President...."did you ask anyone to stop the Flynn investigation?"

Donny:  "No!...no!..no!...next question."

... Comey today will give detailed info disputing the President claim (lie)....how Donny asked everyone to leave the room  prior to squeezing the FBI chief...exc...but the "libtards" are crazy and there is nothing to see here...you guys are too much...imagine for ONE second this was Hillary....you'd be out of your minds...and rightly so...you guys need to start putting your country first and stop trying to defend Donny's wrong doings..

..Donny didn't do a thing and has no knowledge of anything?..let's see how that plays out...and why Flynn is asking for immunity....as Donny said innocent people don't ask for immunity...

With Trump starting to fall out of favor with FOX news now, where do the alt-right trolls turn to get their daily Trump nut fluffing fix? 

Someone help me out because keeping up with the stories that they use to get themselves worked into a froth is one of my favorite past times. 

Even the Wall Street Journal has dropped an editorial rebuking his constant self-destructive idiocy. 

Where are "true" conservatives left to get their news now? Breitbart? Is there some other place that they are all huddling and sharing an earbud around to get their conspiracy theories of the day?

Image result for people wearing make america great again hats huddled together watching news

I'm already missing the good ol' days when I could just flip it over to FOX and see it all through their eyes. Now I'm busy scouring the internet for stuff like "NextNewsNetwork" on youtube to get my "conservative watching" fix in. 

xD 

• Like 1