Lowndes 10 vs Colquitt 40 final

Ga96

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We have a lot of young ones on there too. Look to be good on defense for a while as long as we can keep good schemes in place.

I'm not sure how long we'll have Rodemaker.  He'll take a HC job before too long.  I would love to have somebody being groomed to take his place when the time comes.  Of course...he COULD make a helluva living just being Colquitt's DC,  But I would guess...that would be a longshot.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm not sure how long we'll have Rodemaker.  He'll take a HC job before too long.  I would love to have somebody being groomed to take his place when the time comes.  Of course...he COULD make a helluva living just being Colquitt's DC,  But I would guess...that would be a longshot.

Rufus>>

Idk who would be getting groomed right now. I mean we still have Mo Dixon who I really like. I know some weren't completely sold on him back when he arrived, but, Rush had Jeff Kent in there and kind of made Mo take a back seat. Not sure all the details on that tbh. 

2 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

You fellas handed our ass to us. I feel sometimes young men begin to read their press clippings too often and lose focus. Time to go to work.

Some of that is true about reading their clippings. 

I still think it's growing pains from the coaching change and offensive scheme changing. That stuff takes time to happen. At least the loss happened before the playoffs. Maybe yall get another shot at the Hawgs before its over with. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

How big is his ego?  If you pay him right, he might like the change from the 24/7 stress.

36 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

lowends is lucky they don’t have to see this guy. Jacurri could not keep up with the “overrated” kid 

When the Southern California kid wins the big boy title in Georgia this place is going nuts 😂

F17B8E03-B6B4-4EB7-9461-F3D91E233C22.jpeg

Yeah! There is no way Colquitt could make the Cali kid look bad like they did Jacurri. No effin way. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

lowends is lucky they don’t have to see this guy. Jacurri could not keep up with the “overrated” kid 

When the Southern California kid wins the big boy title in Georgia this place is going nuts 😂

F17B8E03-B6B4-4EB7-9461-F3D91E233C22.jpeg

We own them Grayson bitches. Be ready 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah! There is no way Colquitt could make the Cali kid look bad like they did Jacurri. No effin way. 

The Cali kid ain’t played dumbass. We gonna be fine. And saying that it’s rams and Hawgs is stupid. Both you girls are on the same

side of the bracket. 

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

CC can for sure. Grayson is more balanced IMO but man I’m sold on the Colquitt DC. Got to slow up Mafah and make Jake beat you. 
https://247sports.com/player/phil-mafah-46058636/ 

Colquitt's coverage guys will be the difference in a potential match up with Grayson. Of course the DCs game plan would need to position the defense to be able to protect the run and still cover their guys as well. The threat of stretching the field by Grayson is much better than Lowndes. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

The Cali kid ain’t played dumbass. We gonna be fine. And saying that it’s rams and Hawgs is stupid. Both you girls are on the same

side of the bracket. 

Here dumbass since your too fucking stupid to read for yourself before calling someone else a dumbass...

Previous top-ranked Grayson certainly didn't do anything to hurt its reputation with a 58-17 win over Brookwood. Recent transfer quarterback and USC commit Jake Garcia completed 10 of 14 pass for 228 yards and three touchdowns

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

CC can for sure. Grayson is more balanced IMO but man I’m sold on the Colquitt DC. Got to slow up Mafah and make Jake beat you. 
https://247sports.com/player/phil-mafah-46058636/ 

He's able to do that. Grayson has some guys at receiver that can ball. They'd be even more dangerous at receiver if the Florida commit was healthy.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

He's able to do that. Grayson has some guys at receiver that can ball. They'd be even more dangerous at receiver if the Florida commit was healthy.

Colquitt has some dogs in the secondary. Those receivers gonna get popped and popped hard if they meet up. I have no doubt they'll make some amazing catches, much like the two catches Lowndes guys made during the game. The thing is, it took some amazing plays to high point and make those catches due to spectacular coverage. 

I ain't saying Colquitt would beat Grayson if they do happen to meet in the semis, but, Colquitt ain't no Brookwood, McEachern, Mill Creek or Parkview defensively either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt has some dogs in the secondary. Those receivers gonna get popped and popped hard if they meet up. I have no doubt they'll make some amazing catches, much like the two catches Lowndes guys made during the game. The thing is, it took some amazing plays to high point and make those catches due to spectacular coverage. 

I ain't saying Colquitt would beat Grayson if they do happen to meet in the semis, but, Colquitt ain't no Brookwood, McEachern, Mill Creek or Parkview defensively either. 

Oh I know. Colquitt has some guys on that defense that can ball as well. I was just saying how it'd be difficult (at least I think it would be) for colquitt to beat grayson by taking away the run because Jake is able to beat teams throwing the ball. I know colquitt/grayson are on the same side of the bracket, and that's a crying shame because we all want them on opposite sides of the bracket.....which would make for an epic state title game. I think GHSA is gonna have to alter the seeding so that we can get that match-up in the end....lol. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt has their own Legion of Boom in the secondary, as they call themselves. Spradley, Ward, Daniels, and the last dude I forgot. They are actually one of the more underrated groups in the state.