Camden County Bluecats

Rufus69

North Morven is emphatically stating....Jeff Herron is BACK as HC in Kingsland.

Taking the Bent-Nosed Boys at their word.....the price of football in Region 1-AAAAAAA (Georgia) is definitely going up.  Makes you wonder if you'll see the revival of the famed Wing-T.  I HATE the Wing-T...so yeah, Herron will probably bring it back.

But any way you cut it....there's gonna be some HAPPY people in Camden County Georgia.

This "merde" is starting to get exciting....

Rufus>>

6 minutes ago, Camcat88 said:

Can honestly say I didn't believe the rumors when they started, but the school board announced it today. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Things just got a lot tougher for teams in Region 1-AAAAAAA but I am actually glad to see Jeff back with his family.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I spoke with Coach Sphire after he resigned. He was very down on the Camden administration. If they don’t change the ways they conduct business with regards to Covid, no HC will ever be successful there in the foreseeable future. 

You gotta learn how things work in Ga. Whatever sphire is complaining about herron won't have to deal with. This is buddy buddy good ole boy territory. Camden got exactly who they wanted and he will get full support.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

You gotta learn how things work in Ga. Whatever sphire is complaining about herron won't have to deal with. This is buddy buddy good ole boy territory. Camden got exactly who they wanted and he will get full support.

What about lowends? Asking sincerely. Did they get who they wanted? I ask because I’ve heard grumbling about dubose already.

Be crazy if the shine was off the rose after one season, though I was hearing about it in august.

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Camden student-athletes who opted out of in-person, in-class learning for the 100% virtual option were prohibited from playing sports of any kind. Reversing that policy for a new football coach seems pretty extreme. But it is South Georgia as you said. 

50 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Camden student-athletes who opted out of in-person, in-class learning for the 100% virtual option were prohibited from playing sports of any kind. Reversing that policy for a new football coach seems pretty extreme. But it is South Georgia as you said. 

Herron is the policy in Camden County

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Herron is the policy in Camden County

It will depend on the final negotiated contract.  Lime Sink attorneys were insisting that Jeff be named the HC...the AD...the Principal and the School Superintendent...in order to avoid any potential conflicts.

I have not seen the final draft.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Hope so. I miss the days when South GA had a team in the Top 50 nationally. 

You missed those days? Lowndes has been top 50 nationally the last few years. Packers as well was top 50 at one point last year.

You have to look at what south Ga left from. We had basically 20 straight years of dominance in the playoffs. Lowndes brought in the early 2ks then camden had a couple of years and the Colquitt for the rush era. I guess I get what you are trying to say.

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

You missed those days? Lowndes has been top 50 nationally the last few years. Packers as well was top 50 at one point last year.

You have to look at what south Ga left from. We had basically 20 straight years of dominance in the playoffs. Lowndes brought in the early 2ks then camden had a couple of years and the Colquitt for the rush era. I guess I get what you are trying to say.

Since 2000, 12 of the champs have been from N Georgia in the highest class.  10 of those were from Gwinnett counting the shared one with Roswell and Peachtree Ridge.  South Ga won twice in the past 11 years.  South GA hasn't won since 2015.  Parkview won 3 in a row 2000-2003.  Regarding dominance, to quote Ignio Montoya from The Princess Bride, "I don't think you know what that word means." 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Fred said:

Since 2000, 12 of the champs have been from N Georgia in the highest class.  10 of those were from Gwinnett counting the shared one with Roswell and Peachtree Ridge.  South Ga won twice in the past 11 years.  South GA hasn't won since 2015.  Parkview won 3 in a row 2000-2003.  Regarding dominance, to quote Ignio Montoya from The Princess Bride, "I don't think you know what that word means." 

You are 100% correct.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

He’s trying hard to seem relevant.  Bless his heart.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:41 PM, Wosinc said:

He’s trying hard to seem relevant.  Bless his heart.

I get it but just because you want to believe something doesn't make it so.  I try not to make outlandish claims (unless I'm clearly messing with someone) and if I ever do, I hope someone holds me accountable.

8 hours ago, Fred said:

I get it but just because you want to believe something doesn't make it so.  I try not to make outlandish claims (unless I'm clearly messing with someone) and if I ever do, I hope someone holds me accountable.

Hold you accountable?

Hell...most people on this board can't count that high !!!!!

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1