Rewind to when the colquitt hung 30 points on Lowndes

imaGoodBoyNow

2 hours ago, 67packer said:

Sounds like the Valdosta booster club. Broke and unorganized.

Hey 67 been a while

It was cool to talk football with you and @HawgGoneIt back when Colquitt made the drive to Lake City

wish they would schedule a home and home during the season because I have a ton of respect for Colquitt County and was impressed by the overall setup they came into Lake City with for that game 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hard to understand how there is not money in Florida to support high school football.  

Because the conservative idiots running the state would rather put all the money into tourism and underfund the public schools to divert more people to the private school route because private schools aren't funded by the state 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Because the conservative idiots running the state would rather put all the money into tourism and underfund the public schools to divert more people to the private school route because private schools aren't funded by the state 

You are brainwashed but it come with the territory. You will open your eyes sooner or later 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

School choice buddy. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of the zip code your parents live in. It repeats the cycle. 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

You are brainwashed but it come with the territory. You will open your eyes sooner or later 

Republicans hold majority in the state legislature, both senators are Republican and the governor is republican

If the republican party in Florida wanted to fund public schools, they would 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

School choice buddy. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of the zip code your parents live in. It repeats the cycle. 

Texas says Hi.

I tell ya what.  Take a little trip to Southlake, TX, stay a bit, take your time, etc. (It's beautiful out there btw).

After that...do the same in Inner City Dallas. (For example)

Then after comparing those two, I want you to try and tell the UIL about school choice and zip codes.

You'd get laughed out the State.

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah but the idea of school choice was to absolve the state of having to take any real action

But boy golly they will hand over millions to some so called "training academy" which I've yet to see any proof of better DEVELOPMENT 

They didn't look to be better developed at any position when I saw them play 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

This might be one of the dumbest comparisons you've pulled out of your magic hat of Bullshit... 

Taylor County,FL/Perry,FL is a small what? 2A school in Florida? 

Perry FL itself is a very small town that'd just a gateway to the panhandle of FL... 

Perry,FL isn't far from Colquitt County,GA though... 

But in terms of how the programs work its a completely different ball game... 

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This might be one of the dumbest comparisons you've pulled out of your magic hat of Bullshit... 

Perry FL itself is a very small town that'd just a gateway to the panhandle of FL... 

1a currently but were previously a small 3a school

24 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

it was just a random colquitt clip I saw on the tweeter. 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Hey 67 been a while

It was cool to talk football with you and @HawgGoneIt back when Colquitt made the drive to Lake City

wish they would schedule a home and home during the season because I have a ton of respect for Colquitt County and was impressed by the overall setup they came into Lake City with for that game 

Enjoyed speaking with you as well CF. It was a fun trip and game. I was hoping we would be able to host you guys back in Moultrie but I guess schedules never worked out. You guys had some very good skill players we saw that night.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Hoover for the most part is conservative and our program program never lacks for anything except an IPF.

People fund what they care about. So, if booster clubs are allowed in Florida, but, they're broke, then the people don't care about them. 

As the piece said, in Colquitt County for instance, we have a level of community pride and what better way to show it than investing in our youth. They are the future of the community after all. 

Idc about the politics of government funding or underfunding public schools tbh, but, it does seem like if you're tax dollars should fund anything it should be the future of the state and country, which is the kids. The vast majority of kids are going to be products of public education, so, the vast majority of the future depends on that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

People fund what they care about. So, if booster clubs are allowed in Florida, but, they're broke, then the people don't care about them. 

As the piece said, in Colquitt County for instance, we have a level of community pride and what better way to show it than investing in our youth. They are the future of the community after all. 

Idc about the politics of government funding or underfunding public schools tbh, but, it does seem like if you're tax dollars should fund anything it should be the future of the state and country, which is the kids. The vast majority of kids are going to be products of public education, so, the vast majority of the future depends on that. 

If only my dumbass county would realize this

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 67packer said:

Enjoyed speaking with you as well CF. It was a fun trip and game. I was hoping we would be able to host you guys back in Moultrie but I guess schedules never worked out. You guys had some very good skill players we saw that night.

I definitely wish it had worked out but maybe something could happen in the future 

This upcoming season would have been a good time as Columbia should be primed for a solid run with a team returning a lot of last year talent but win or lose I would like to see us face Colquitt again sometime