Arch Manning making 10 million as a College freshman?

RedZone

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Would not be surprised. His marketing ability will be as high as anybody ever. Tebow like. If he goes to Ole Miss he will be a bigger star than say LSU or Alabama. At Ole Miss he would be superman. 

35 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Would not be surprised. His marketing ability will be as high as anybody ever. 

The whole thing is crazy to me and I'm not sure I like it.

Arch might make 20 or 30 million by the time he's eligible for the NFL draft if he lives up to the hype....and he will, he's good!

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Arch Manning is OK...but...he's no Jacurri.

As an aside...I wonder how Peyton and the BBQ Guys feel about Arch heading to Ole Miss and playing for Lame Kitten.

Rufus>>

Just remember you talking from behind the leaders. Your talk will mean more once you pass us but we both know that isn't happening.

• Confused 3

Wonder how hungry the star players will be to develop and be coached hard on the path to the NFL if they already have millions of dollars. Hell I could see some players cash out and not go to the NFL. Live off the college millions. Could see a trickle down effect. Because the only players making money are gonna be the best players. 

If they already made NFL money what’s the point of putting your body and head through the punishment?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Arch Manning is OK...but...he's no Jacurri.

As an aside...I wonder how Peyton and the BBQ Guys feel about Arch heading to Ole Miss and playing for Lame Kitten.

Rufus>>

Ole Miss fans seems to think David Cutcliffe will leave Duke after this year and go to Ole Miss as QB /OC which will insure Arch goes to Ole Miss. He coached Eli and Peyton in college and is the man in the Manning's mindset even if he is an Alabama man.

It is a fact the Manning's hate Alabama, Florida, and LSU.

The Mannings have no issues with Kiffin. Peyton played for one of the dirtiest coaches in history in Fulmer Kiffin is a choir boy compared to Fulmer.  I mean Fulmer is the only secret witness in SEC history.

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Just remember you talking from behind the leaders. Your talk will mean more once you pass us but we both know that isn't happening.

Can any of you translate this drivel? 

Dear Lord, iff’n I were a lowends alum I’d be embarrassed to have this shit as representation of the education there. The inability to form coherent sentences as an adult is just sad. 

• Haha 3

On 7/2/2021 at 1:32 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Wonder how hungry the star players will be to develop and be coached hard on the path to the NFL if they already have millions of dollars. Hell I could see some players cash out and not go to the NFL. Live off the college millions. Could see a trickle down effect. Because the only players making money are gonna be the best players. 

If they already made NFL money what’s the point of putting your body and head through the punishment?

You say that as if it's a bad thing

Is that what people jealous of these athletes want to make themselves feel better?

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

You say that as if it's a bad thing

Is that what people jealous of these athletes want to make themselves feel better?

How did you get that tone from what I said?  It was making the case for not going to the NFL. 

The talent in the NFL will suffer in my opinion. Not that I care, I’m just stating it. 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

How did you get that tone from what I said?  It was making the case for not going to the NFL. 

The talent in the NFL will suffer in my opinion. Not that I care, I’m just stating it. 

The NFL has parity they will be fine 

You can't go from last to first in college like you can in NFL so NFL will always be a more pure game 

On 7/2/2021 at 12:56 PM, Ga96 said:

Leading what?  Colquitt has been relevant much more recently than the Vikings.  Hmm, two state and a national with a 45 game winning streak since Lowndes did anything.

I have such mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, I do believe in capitalism and being free to make what you can.  On the other hand I worry about our priorities where we worship athletes and performers to the point they make insane amounts of money for playing a game or putting on some type of performance.  Now it is extending to the college level.  It just seems crazy to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fred said:

I have such mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, I do believe in capitalism and being free to make what you can.  On the other hand I worry about our priorities where we worship athletes and performers to the point they make insane amounts of money for playing a game or putting on some type of performance.  Now it is extending to the college level.  It just seems crazy to me.

So in other words you have an issue with people making money based on their ability?

A bunch of rich old money pricks making money sitting in a office after their parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. Did all the work is all well and good 

Someone using god given skill and hard work to earn their money and make something of themselves is a bad thing?

And you call that capitalism? Geez maybe the priorities of the people who value businessmen over someone actually EARNING their money is the real problem

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

So in other words you have an issue with people making money based on their ability?

A bunch of rich old money pricks making money sitting in a office after their parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. Did all the work is all well and good

Someone using god given skill and hard work to earn their money and make something of themselves is a bad thing?

And you call that capitalism? Geez maybe the priorities of the people who value businessmen over someone actually EARNING their money is the real problem

Get some age and experience on you and then come back at me.  Maybe by then your reading comprehension will be a little better.  Read it again little one.  I said I fully supported their right to make what they could.  I then said it speaks poorly to our society that we idolize entertainers to the extent we do.  No where did I say I had an issue with them making money based on their abilities.  As has been said recently, I need a farmer, first responder, tradesperson, etc.  I don't need an entertainer.  Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy the entertainers be they athletes or performers.  That doesn't mean I need them.  I also get that it is a relatively small percentage that are super successful.  In a way, that proves my point even more.  We continue to set these kids up for a major fall later in life when reality strikes.

• Thumbs Down 1

42 minutes ago, Fred said:

Get some age and experience on you and then come back at me.  Maybe by then your reading comprehension will be a little better.  Read it again little one.  I said I fully supported their right to make what they could.  I then said it speaks poorly to our society that we idolize entertainers to the extent we do.  No where did I say I had an issue with them making money based on their abilities.  As has been said recently, I need a farmer, first responder, tradesperson, etc.  I don't need an entertainer.  Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy the entertainers be they athletes or performers.  That doesn't mean I need them.  I also get that it is a relatively small percentage that are super successful.  In a way, that proves my point even more.  We continue to set these kids up for a major fall later in life when reality strikes.

Who the hell are you to judge society?

So because it doesn't fit your image then you get to classify it as bad and you can take you snobby attitude and shove it up your ass 

I'm so sick of listening to blowhards think because they are older they know everything better, most of you people are so far away looking at things with fogged glasses that you are missing the bigger picture

Just because someone is an entertainer doesn't mean they aren't still a person and if a person is capable of making an impact on their community and in society that is too far dominated by selfish and greedy scum like these politicians who only care about themselves then who the fuck cares what they do for a living? If they are making a positive impact then what's the issue? But keep thinking me being young is the problem here 

The fact you need to use age as a crutch shows that you like most the morons on this board can't win a debate with me

If me being YOUNG is the only fucking thing you have in your back pocket then all it shows me is that you aren't capable of having and honest debate and you may as well block me like most cowards on here tend to do 

• Like 1