Bryce Young nearly at million for NIL.

HooverOutlaw

Chris Hummer
@chris_hummer

Nick Saban is talking at the Texas HS Coaches Association convention today. He was asked about NIL. Apparently, Bryce Young is doing quite well.

“Our QB has already approached ungodly numbers, and he hasn’t even played yet. If I told you what it is … it’s almost 7-figures."

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Chris Hummer
@chris_hummer

Nick Saban is talking at the Texas HS Coaches Association convention today. He was asked about NIL. Apparently, Bryce Young is doing quite well.

“Our QB has already approached ungodly numbers, and he hasn’t even played yet. If I told you what it is … it’s almost 7-figures."

Still less then what Rush pays his QBs

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Remember all those blabbing about a scholarship BS. That 1 mil will take care of more than a scholarship.

I agree. Let him pay his own freight for all of it. OOS tuition, medical, personal training, room and board along with everything else. Plane flights. Hotels. All of it. 

Let all of these dumbasses who don’t understand basic economics see how much this shit really costs. Then Uncle Sam gets his. 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I agree. Let him pay his own freight for all of it. OOS tuition, medical, personal training, room and board along with everything else. Plane flights. Hotels. All of it. 

Let all of these dumbasses who don’t understand basic economics see how much this shit really costs. The. Uncle Sam gets his. 😂 

Larry still salty and butthurt about being a partial at LSWhoo. 

bgw

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Let all of these dumbasses who don’t understand basic economics see how much this shit really costs. The. Uncle Sam gets his. 😂 

Who gets the profit the football program makes ?

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Larry still salty and butthurt about being a partial at LSWhoo. 

bgw

Not at all. I am not so ignorant as to see what’s going to happen to the rest of the kids who play college sports. But fuck them, right?!? 

As a bleeding heart liberal I’d have thought you’d be broken hearted over all of those poor and underprivileged kids who aren’t gonna be able to go to school now because they won’t have Schollie money to get them there. Somebody gotta tote the note and with companies being able to spend money on particular athletes instead of schools in general, that oh so deep water evaporates pretty quickly. 

I’m sure you have it all figured out though. Maybe the 1%era can pay for em....... 😂 

• Haha 1

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

Who gets the profit the football program makes ?

The school. While you’re not an alumnus of your favorite team, if you’ve been on their campus in the past since 2010 you can see what that money goes to. It damn sure isn’t coming from the Alabama taxpayers. 

All of those fancy new buildings. All of those track and field kids. All of those underfunded programs and such. Good ol’ Uncle Nicky has had a huge part in getting those taken care of. 

15 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Not at all. I am not so ignorant as to see what’s going to happen to the rest of the kids who play college sports. But fuck them, right?!? 

As a bleeding heart liberal I’d have thought you’d be broken hearted over all of those poor and underprivileged kids who aren’t gonna be able to go to school now because they won’t have Schollie money to get them there. Somebody gotta tote the note and with companies being able to spend money on particular athletes instead of schools in general, that oh so deep water evaporates pretty quickly. 

I’m sure you have it all figured out though. Maybe the 1%era can pay for em....... 😂 

Damn larry this situation is completely going over your head. Hell the fab 5 did a whole documentary that went into this in detail and you are still missing it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

All the other non supporting athletic programs at the university . 

Not to mention the school as a whole. I mean, nobody can be dumb enough to think that the University of Alabama came into a financial windfall and are now able to build all of these buildings and fund all of these programs without football. Or can they be? 

College sports are like America, in a sense, that the football programs (people who are able) that can, help take care of the programs who can’t support themselves (people who need assistance).

What’s going to happen next is many of the lesser programs (people who need assistance) that can’t support themselves.......they’re going the way of the dinosaur. Funny thing is, many of these are gonna be basketball programs because most don’t make enough money to self sustain. 

If y’all think the University’s are gonna stop growing and expanding for the greater good, you’re sadly mistaken. They’ll cut the cord all together and then we will have a bunch of minor league sports teams. The trickle down from that is we will then have a bunch of kids who aren’t good enough to make the big time, but have no education or skills to get jobs to properly take care of themselves and their families.

• Like 1

Say your some hotshot sponsor of "Bryce Young" and he is doing OK, but the guy behind him is clearly better. What will the influence of "sponsor money" be on a coach to do the right thing and play the best guy, not the name guy. Now the sponsor, who pays half your f'in team, will tell the school he's pulling support if player "A" is not kept as the starter. You see where this f'd up sh&t is headed? 

College sports will be dead in a few years.

36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

College athletics don't make a profit.

We've gone over this before, dipshit.

Read here except 2019 Alabama has made money every year since 2008.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2367311-alabamas-insane-33-million-profit-from-football-proves-nick-sabans-value.amp.html

25 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The athletic department spends all of the money it brings in to fund its programs, scholarships, etc.

You're a clown.