Cali Guys

FootballGuy

It depends on what you want to do. It's a fairly large city, so there's plenty of places to eat, drink, party, or be artsy if that's your thing. You'll find stuff to do there if you look, but just don't expect toooooo much. It's not LA or SF etc. There's also the problem that it's in the middle of the central valley, so it's hot as all hell during the summer, and it's location is also not good for seeing the rest of California very easily. It's 3 hours to LA and it's 3 hours to SF. And close to that to go to the mountains. Paso Robles/SLO has some fantastic wineries not too far away. I hope that you like cows:P

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

It depends on what you want to do. It's a fairly large city, so there's plenty of places to eat, drink, party, or be artsy if that's your thing. You'll find stuff to do there if you look, but just don't expect toooooo much. It's not LA or SF etc. There's also the problem that it's in the middle of the central valley, so it's hot as all hell during the summer, and it's location is also not good for seeing the rest of California very easily. It's 3 hours to LA and it's 3 hours to SF. And close to that to go to the mountains. Paso Robles/SLO has some fantastic wineries not too far away. I hope that you like cows:P

Thanx for the explanation! But yeah, I'll stick to wandering around Los Angeles and San Diego............and newport beach.

4 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

A friend of mine was telling me that we should hit up Fresno next time I come out there.

My question is this: what the hell is there to do in Fresno? 

As a guy who lived in CA until he was about 30, I've never heard anyone say, "We should hit up Fresno." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I heard Sacramento was wack. Matter of fact, I've heard on multiple occasions that Northern California is pretty boring. 

Well, whomever you heard that from must be wack themselves. There's a ton to do all throughout NorCal, especially if you're an outdoor person. Everything from SF/Bay area, Napa Valley, Redwood Forest, Sierra Nevada mountains, South Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park, etc.

If you like fishing, camping, hiking, horseback riding, or just viewing beautiful landscapes, you'd be hard pressed to find much better. Any type of landscape or climate you can think of is here. With the exception of a desert. We don't have one of those here :D. If you're into surfing or the ocean, SoCal is a much better option because the beaches are a lot warmer. Don't get me wrong, there are beautiful beaches all along the coast of NorCal, such as Monterey, Bodega Bay and Fort Bragg. But the weather there tends to be much cooler and the water colder.

With regard to Sacramento, it's not LA, SF or SD, but for many that's a good thing. It's not overly populated or pricey to the degree those other big cities are (about 2.5 to 3M metro). Downtown area is going through a massive revitalization due to the new arena, soccer stadium and numerous other projects going on now. Outlying areas such as Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Auburn, Roseville, Rocklin and Granite Bay are very nice. Lots of rolling green hills and awesome weather, with the exception of 6-8 weeks of hot dry weather during the summer. And if you truly can't find something to your liking here, you're likely not far away from it. My neighborhood is full of transplants from the Bay area and SoCal that absolutely love the lifestyle here. And it's getting better by the day.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Here are a couple.

Palomar Observatory to La Jolla

Palomar.jpg

Oceanside (1).jpg

Oceanside (2).jpg

Torrey Pines.jpg

That Ocean View though. 

Reminds me on driving through Pensacola Beach. Minus the mountains.

Pretty blue water. 

Damn Im ready for my vacation. 

Ive been trying to get to La jolla. But classes start back soon. So.... I gotta wait awhile. 

18 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That Ocean View though. 

Reminds me on driving through Pensacola Beach. Minus the mountains.

Pretty blue water. 

Damn Im ready for my vacation. 

Ive been trying to get to La jolla. But classes start back soon. So.... I gotta wait awhile. 

Took me a long time to visit La Jolla even though I was born in San Diego. Really cool place to visit.