It was all about The Stache

The Stache

5 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

DLS Central good game.

Turnovers and penalties are keeping Central in the game. Garett picking up the slack on offense. He's the future for the Spartans, but I think Robinson would've busted a long run in the 1st half. Even w/o Tuli Spartans getting good pressure on QB as usual secondary is subpar. 

Let's all remember, this is the same St. Mary's team that lost to D3 Central Catholic of Modesto 2 weeks ago. Central is a really, really good D3/D4 program that won State titles in '12, '13, '14 and '15, but had lost 6 of 8 against the Rams coming into this season. Once St. Mary's lost that game, you knew this wasn't even close to a decent matchup.

I'm actually really surprised why St. Mary's wanted this game. Last season against SJB, I understand. They expected to field one of their better teams. But they graduated too much to think they could even possibly stay within 21 points of an elite team this season.

2 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Let's all remember, this is the same St. Mary's team that lost to D3 Central Catholic of Modesto 2 weeks ago. Central is a really, really good D3/D4 program that won State titles in '12, '13, '14 and '15, but had lost 6 of 8 against the Rams coming into this season. Once St. Mary's lost that game, you knew this wasn't even close to a decent matchup.

I'm actually really surprised why St. Mary's wanted this game. Last season against SJB, I understand. They expected to field one of their better teams. But they graduated too much to think they could even possibly stay within 21 points of an elite team this season.

Is this a home and home. Or a one shot deal?

9 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

In response to your earlier post...that is the problem and Central figured out they can throw on them. Their last TD is a confidence builder going into the half. Central gets the ball first. Could be interesting if they can keep it up.

DLS needs to tighten things up you don't want let Central hang around, DLS missing Robinson more on D. than on O. 

2 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I have no clue. I'd assume a one shot deal since they had a home and home with SJB scheduled originally but both teams decided to cut that short so perhaps SM's just happened to find MD willing to take SJB's place for the trip to NorCal.

Nice, St. Mary's goes from battling Godzilla last yr, and replacing him with King Kong this yr. Brilliant. O.o

• Haha 4

• dntn31 changed the title to It was all about The Stache