It was all about The Stache

The Stache

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

Let's all remember, this is the same St. Mary's team that lost to D3 Central Catholic of Modesto 2 weeks ago. Central is a really, really good D3/D4 program that won State titles in '12, '13, '14 and '15, but had lost 6 of 8 against the Rams coming into this season. Once St. Mary's lost that game, you knew this wasn't even close to a decent matchup.

I'm actually really surprised why St. Mary's wanted this game. Last season against SJB, I understand. They expected to field one of their better teams. But they graduated too much to think they could even possibly stay within 21 points of an elite team this season.

They couldn't even possibly stay within 21 pts of an elite team last yr., even though it could have been their best ever.

On 7/31/2017 at 5:15 PM, The Stache said:

Gawd it great to finally be back on the field

Rock and Roll Baby!

During the mandated 3 week "dead period" two of our young men accepted offers.  Our big Tackle Tommy Brown committed to my good friend Nick Sabon at Alabama, and JT is going to be the next Monarch Heisman trophy QB at USC following, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinhart, and Matt Barkely.  Of course JT still has two more years with the Three Stripers.

We have 4 of 5 O-line guys returning and the entire backfield and receiving core (sans Osiris St. Brown), but his little brother Amon ra  who will sign with Notre Dame) is even better.

Everyone says we had to replace our entire defense, and we did.  We have our best front 7 in school history, including our star inside LB who was hurt most of last year.  Our Secondary beat SJB in the "Battle on the Beach finals".

Also Don't sleep on our 5 start TE.  He is an absolute stud.

All you Florida guys who say the key is to pressure JT...forget about it.  Our O-line guys are way better this year and most are 3 year starters.

And how many millions of people do you pukes draw from?xD Da STACHE couldn't get a job as a dogcatcher without recruits!

And what in the name of Knute Rockne is a receiving CORE?O.o Perhaps you mean CORPS?:)

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2017 at 10:20 PM, CaliNorth said:

They couldn't even possibly stay within 21 pts of an elite team last yr., even though it could have been their best ever.

I think they could have, just not SJB. But another elite level team depending upon the matchup. But the point was that they likely expected to be able to do so. No chance they thought they could this season. 

FWIW, last years team wasn't their best. Their 2009 team that got upset in the section semi's was better, just played in the toughest bracket the SJS has produced in a long time if not ever. They've had 2 other teams this millennium I like better too.

Dees ess whi I leava Meester Stache.   

Deconstructing MD's Recent Rise in Football (& Dispelling Some Myths Around Transfers)

•  
  •  

Unread postby OC HS Football Fan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 am

Funny thing, I support MD's successful recruiting efforts. But once the MD honks come out with their holier than thou crap, I'm happy to shine a light on their hypocrisy. Even Sondheimer sees through the BS the MD honks try to sell us. 52 transfers shocked the guy who you would have thought had seen it all. What happened to those "high standards" MD supposedly has for transfers?

Let me save us all from the MD honks by responding yes, these transfers are not just football related. I know other schools recruit too. Correct, they don't do it as well as MD has done it these past few years. No, I am not jealous. Yes, I'd do the same. No, I would not be a hypocrite about it like so many of you are.

While MDDad tries to be elusive and cunning, most of the other MD honks are straight up stupid:
cruiser wrote:So, going out and recruiting transfers which apparently some Trinity league teams are better at (pretty much know what you are getting) is not the same as recruiting incoming freshmen who haven't played a lick of HS ball? Hmm.....

If cruiser knew ANYTHING about youth football, or how to build a successful high school program, he'd instantly realize just how incredibly absurd his comment looks. It's the damn near equivalent of saying recruiting high school seniors doesn't matter as much as recruiting transfers in college football.

And if it's not the transfers, and it's not the incoming freshmen, then what is it MD honks? The hallowed MD campus magically made the MD football program elite again? It certainly couldn't be the coaching. The same guys have been there during their 20 year dry spell, right? Maybe they suddenly discovered the holy grail of football success.

It's always about the quality of the players they were able to recruit, period. Let me explain some of the inner workings of how MD built a championship program (and why MDDad's talk of transfers falls incredibly flat every time).

Rather than rely on the far less reliable transfer route, which hasn't worked well enough by itself in, like, forever for MD, they increased their emphasis on middle school recruiting with an ingenious and incredibly successful approach.

Some of you might find parts of their approach controversial if not a flagrant rules violation. Please know they're NOT the only school to recruit; the other Trinity schools and many public ones do it too. But every other school does it in a scaled down, less intense form (if at all). MD has now surpassed the previous best middle school recruiter, the Bosco Braves, in terms of effort, scope and success.

For those who ask why, football is a competitive sport and the stakes are increasing in Southern California. The desire to win drives people in and around the program to do what it takes to achieve ultimate success. It is one of MD's primary purposes.

So MD realized they had to take their recruiting efforts further and do it better in recent years because of their unyielding compulsion to quench their insatiable thirst for victory. That included turning their back on their tradition and culture. Now it involves wearing ski masks during interviews while mocking their once heralded coach Rollo.

God bless them in these efforts because we get to see one of the most amazing high school football teams EVER right here in the OC.

MD has transformed their program thanks mostly to the pied piper of middle school recruiting and a very generous network of deep pocketed boosters.

The pied piper and his operatives were part of the first true, elite travel ball youth football program on par with the highest levels of AAU basketball: the Ducks.

They capitalized on being the first to create trendy uniforms in youth football, mimicking the once red hot Oregon Ducks (this resonated with the kids at the time). They also provided unmatched publicity. Highest levels of competition in practice. Promise of national championships. Possible college scholarships. Generous financial support. Families experienced incredible prestige to be a part of the program. It was simply intoxicating.

The Ducks quickly gained tremendous momentum and became the top youth program in the country. The best kids throughout Southern California played on those teams. They drew in players from all over the OC to the IE to LA, and even as far away as San Diego to Ventura counties. Just how good was their appeal? Here were their successive starting 8th grade QBs four years in a row:

**Tate Martel (lived in San Diego, played at Bishop Gorman, two time national HS champ, Elite 11 finalist and now at Ohio State)
**Re-al Mitchel (lives in Eastvale, plays at Bosco, won the CA open division state HS championship, Elite 11 finalist and Iowa State commit)
**JT Daniels (lives in Irvine, plays at MD on the number 1 ranked team in the nation, number 1 2019 recruit, USC commit)
**Bryce Young (lives in LA, plays at Cathedral Catholic, sophomore, national recruit who already has multiple D1 offers like UCLA & USC)

All four are from a different county. All four are at or near the top of the QB position for four straight high school recruiting classes. All four are power five, D1 QBs. Must have been damn lucky even if that kind of luck is statistically impossible, right cruiser?

The pied piper then steered some of the better Duck players to MD the past few years. He did so with increasing levels of success as his personal youth team rose to the oldest youth football age group and he became the leader of that Duck's organization.

The pied piper also coached multiple post-season middle school all-star teams. They drew in all of the top local players. He was influential with these kids too.

Combine all of this with the vast network of MD boosters opening up their deep pockets, and it culminated in the best freshman football team nationwide last year. They were arguable the best freshman team ever in high school football. Or was it simply the luck of the Monarchs cruiser?

Not to say MD didn't also ratchet up recruiting top kids from other high level programs in other leagues; in fact, as they gained momentum these past few years, and started to compete for championships, these other kids were more easily influenced to go to MD as well. Barnes, White, the Ulu's, King, etc. are a few who come to mind.

(Sorry to say boys, it wasn't just the neighborHOOD, the supposedly "great" MD education, the recently tarnished tradition and culture, Rollo or even one of his overrated, garbled pregame speeches.)

So who are these kids from this Ducks program that have "luckily" turned out to be elite types of talent and "somehow" happened to all accidentally go to MD? Here are some who start or will play a big role this season:

JT Daniels
Bru McCoy
Mase Funa
Steele Dubar
Elias Ricks
Darion Green-Warren
Zion Alefosio
Myles Murao
Chris Street
Moses Sepulona
Martin Salazar
George Mikihan

That's only the ones I know of, there could be more. Some, like future stud JoJuan Collins, "transferred" out. I'm sure there are others who are waiting their turn to come up through the pipeline like Carter Freedland.

That is, of course, if they haven't already transferred to what is usually another Trinity school so they can play sooner. The irony that MDDad then used these transfers out of MD against everyone - Gardner, the two Ulu's, Leutele, John Jackson, McDonald, Moore, Toler, Collins, King, etc. - is so amusing. That kid sure knows how to put lipstick on a pig.

Daniels knew he was going to MD prior to his holdback year with the Ducks. He spent 3-4 years being tutored weekly by Dave Money (MD's offensive coordinator) prior to his ninth grade year. That was back when he played on a top OCJAFF team. The Daniels family used that to identify and recruit top kids from that league. Remigio, Parks, Harper, Robins, Toler, King and others.

Of course this requires donors to pony up scholarships, stipends, food and even bedrooms for players. No problem at MD. Their boosters consist of a wide network with deep pockets and a willingness to do what it takes to enhance the program's success. It's a veritable mint for their covert football operations. ;-)

Mix in some extreme "good fortune" as cruiser would call it, and you're suddenly looking at a top national program. Only elite transfers like the St. Browns, Faoliu, Ware-Hudson, Solo, Funa, Logoleo and Alefosio all decided to "magically" appear (while non-elite kids failed to do so? Hmmm, one helluva coincidence...).

That's 7 starters from the Bishop Gorman game out of the nine transfers that I'm aware of. All appear to be D1 players with the exception of one. Pretty ironic, huh MDDad?

There are some of the usual MD kids who naturally matriculated to the school as freshmen and are good enough to play high level college ball. So the few elite type kids who typically would have landed at MD back in the day still stay despite all of these unlikely MD kids with elite talent flooding into their program.

You can see how MD quickly rose to be the top team in the nation. They're a true Southern California (not just OC) all-star team. They've done a far better job of recruiting the best youth talent (better than even the previous best, Bosco). They "luckily" have only transfers who are national recruits that end up starting for them. Hey cruiser, did Rollo happen to find a four leaf clover a few years back?

So no $h!t football transfers are down at MD (duh - you'd either have to be some special kind of stupid like cruiser or better be really elite if you think you can compete for time and want to transfer into MD for football). Hence the real reason Humphries went to CdM (nice try to trick us to think otherwise MDDad).

If it was such an incredibly superior place to attend school given the many dumba$$ reasons noted by cruiser and other honks in their posts, like cruiser noting a soon to be built three story garage, then there would be MORE transfers heading MD's way when compared to other schools, NOT LESS!

Calculated honk MDDad's posts about the lack of transfers into MD are ludicrous and comical. Why not look at the rankings and offers of the transfers each school receives? MD has the best ratio of talent per transfer than any other team in the Trinity League BY FAR.

I guess MDDad "luckily" failed to make that connection. We know cruiser is incapable of doing so. Having the luxury of being selective combined with the natural self-selection process that occurs given their recent run on talent doesn't make you holier than thou MD honks when it comes to transfers.

While I don't mind a school who gets transfers, MD included, quit trying to hold yourselves up as being above it all. You just embarrass yourselves every time you do it.

Which brings me to a former Duck who recently landed at MD (maybe I missed where MDDad or the other MD honks announced it to the board?). If MD had the strict standards that we all know DO NOT exist there, this kid would not be ANYWHERE near that school. Of course he is a great player - MD's own MaxPreps roster lists him as the number one athlete in his class.

The Duck kid I'm referring to played very well the last two games. But he's on his FOURTH OR FIFTH HIGH SCHOOL ALREADY AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE! No way his entire family has moved that many times. I can't imagine how he's academically eligible either. Heard he's already flunked out of one school last year and he is severely allergic to attending class. The schools? MD in summer leading to his freshman year, then Cen10, Bosco, Santiago, and back to MD (are there an additional 1-2 schools that I'm unaware of?). Guess those "high standards" are strictly related to a kid's athletic ability and nothing more, cough, cough.

But as MDDad would say, "please move on - no selling of any souls to be seen here folks." I just hope this kid doesn't cost the team victories or their likely championships this year due to eligibility issues. Oh the irony if it did.

So let's be clear for the MD honks given how they don't comprehend the frequent posts many have made in multiple threads (some quality education there, huh MD dimwits?): the issue is NOT around transfers. MD brings in the top talent from middle school.

Now maybe I've been too harsh on our village idiot cruiser. He could be right. Maybe MD simply gets "lucky" with how many of these middle school, multiple holdback kids "accidentally" turn out to be elite, national college recruits over at MD. I mean isn't it common at other schools, or even throughout MD's rich history, that nearly every single starter, and many on the bench, will play high level college football? LOL you silly little honk cruiser.

Whatever the reason for the talent gap, other quality players know who the elite MD players are at their position. They also realize a five star monster can transfer in his senior year and displace them. Most kids avoid looking at MD as an option when they look to transfer schools.

This is a big reason why MD has had less transfers these past 3-5 years. And why the ones they get are typically just the older, elite players.

There is good news for the rest of the Trinity if you're not a MD honk. MD will have problems sustaining this far superior position for too much longer.

The pied piper leveraged his influence to get on the MD coaching staff and left the little Duckies to swim on their own. That means less Duck players will heed his siren song.

Other youth programs have improved in the areas that once made the Ducks so attractive. That means more kids have started to stay local which resulted in better competitive equity spread among the different programs.

Those kids will likely be influenced by local schools (see CdM with Humphries as an example) or attend other Trinity schools (earlier playing time on varsity). The pied piper and his merry band of honks intoxicating rhetoric has begun to wane and will continue to do so over time.

Given the renewed focus at well positioned schools in the rest of the Trinity, and Bosco not resting on their laurels, it's easy to see how MD's recent stranglehold on elite middle school kids will begin to soften. It will take a few years to run it's course. But it will happen. It's the natural ebb and flow of Trinity football.

I'm hoping this happens after they get a national championship and help bring OC football back to the top spot nationwide.

On 10/1/2017 at 4:06 PM, Consuela said:

Dees ess whi I leava Meester Stache.   

Deconstructing MD's Recent Rise in Football (& Dispelling Some Myths Around Transfers)

•  
  •  

Unread postby OC HS Football Fan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 am

Funny thing, I support MD's successful recruiting efforts. But once the MD honks come out with their holier than thou crap, I'm happy to shine a light on their hypocrisy. Even Sondheimer sees through the BS the MD honks try to sell us. 52 transfers shocked the guy who you would have thought had seen it all. What happened to those "high standards" MD supposedly has for transfers?

Let me save us all from the MD honks by responding yes, these transfers are not just football related. I know other schools recruit too. Correct, they don't do it as well as MD has done it these past few years. No, I am not jealous. Yes, I'd do the same. No, I would not be a hypocrite about it like so many of you are.

While MDDad tries to be elusive and cunning, most of the other MD honks are straight up stupid:
cruiser wrote:So, going out and recruiting transfers which apparently some Trinity league teams are better at (pretty much know what you are getting) is not the same as recruiting incoming freshmen who haven't played a lick of HS ball? Hmm.....

If cruiser knew ANYTHING about youth football, or how to build a successful high school program, he'd instantly realize just how incredibly absurd his comment looks. It's the damn near equivalent of saying recruiting high school seniors doesn't matter as much as recruiting transfers in college football.

And if it's not the transfers, and it's not the incoming freshmen, then what is it MD honks? The hallowed MD campus magically made the MD football program elite again? It certainly couldn't be the coaching. The same guys have been there during their 20 year dry spell, right? Maybe they suddenly discovered the holy grail of football success.

It's always about the quality of the players they were able to recruit, period. Let me explain some of the inner workings of how MD built a championship program (and why MDDad's talk of transfers falls incredibly flat every time).

Rather than rely on the far less reliable transfer route, which hasn't worked well enough by itself in, like, forever for MD, they increased their emphasis on middle school recruiting with an ingenious and incredibly successful approach.

Some of you might find parts of their approach controversial if not a flagrant rules violation. Please know they're NOT the only school to recruit; the other Trinity schools and many public ones do it too. But every other school does it in a scaled down, less intense form (if at all). MD has now surpassed the previous best middle school recruiter, the Bosco Braves, in terms of effort, scope and success.

For those who ask why, football is a competitive sport and the stakes are increasing in Southern California. The desire to win drives people in and around the program to do what it takes to achieve ultimate success. It is one of MD's primary purposes.

So MD realized they had to take their recruiting efforts further and do it better in recent years because of their unyielding compulsion to quench their insatiable thirst for victory. That included turning their back on their tradition and culture. Now it involves wearing ski masks during interviews while mocking their once heralded coach Rollo.

God bless them in these efforts because we get to see one of the most amazing high school football teams EVER right here in the OC.

MD has transformed their program thanks mostly to the pied piper of middle school recruiting and a very generous network of deep pocketed boosters.

The pied piper and his operatives were part of the first true, elite travel ball youth football program on par with the highest levels of AAU basketball: the Ducks.

They capitalized on being the first to create trendy uniforms in youth football, mimicking the once red hot Oregon Ducks (this resonated with the kids at the time). They also provided unmatched publicity. Highest levels of competition in practice. Promise of national championships. Possible college scholarships. Generous financial support. Families experienced incredible prestige to be a part of the program. It was simply intoxicating.

The Ducks quickly gained tremendous momentum and became the top youth program in the country. The best kids throughout Southern California played on those teams. They drew in players from all over the OC to the IE to LA, and even as far away as San Diego to Ventura counties. Just how good was their appeal? Here were their successive starting 8th grade QBs four years in a row:

**Tate Martel (lived in San Diego, played at Bishop Gorman, two time national HS champ, Elite 11 finalist and now at Ohio State)
**Re-al Mitchel (lives in Eastvale, plays at Bosco, won the CA open division state HS championship, Elite 11 finalist and Iowa State commit)
**JT Daniels (lives in Irvine, plays at MD on the number 1 ranked team in the nation, number 1 2019 recruit, USC commit)
**Bryce Young (lives in LA, plays at Cathedral Catholic, sophomore, national recruit who already has multiple D1 offers like UCLA & USC)

All four are from a different county. All four are at or near the top of the QB position for four straight high school recruiting classes. All four are power five, D1 QBs. Must have been damn lucky even if that kind of luck is statistically impossible, right cruiser?

The pied piper then steered some of the better Duck players to MD the past few years. He did so with increasing levels of success as his personal youth team rose to the oldest youth football age group and he became the leader of that Duck's organization.

The pied piper also coached multiple post-season middle school all-star teams. They drew in all of the top local players. He was influential with these kids too.

Combine all of this with the vast network of MD boosters opening up their deep pockets, and it culminated in the best freshman football team nationwide last year. They were arguable the best freshman team ever in high school football. Or was it simply the luck of the Monarchs cruiser?

Not to say MD didn't also ratchet up recruiting top kids from other high level programs in other leagues; in fact, as they gained momentum these past few years, and started to compete for championships, these other kids were more easily influenced to go to MD as well. Barnes, White, the Ulu's, King, etc. are a few who come to mind.

(Sorry to say boys, it wasn't just the neighborHOOD, the supposedly "great" MD education, the recently tarnished tradition and culture, Rollo or even one of his overrated, garbled pregame speeches.)

So who are these kids from this Ducks program that have "luckily" turned out to be elite types of talent and "somehow" happened to all accidentally go to MD? Here are some who start or will play a big role this season:

JT Daniels
Bru McCoy
Mase Funa
Steele Dubar
Elias Ricks
Darion Green-Warren
Zion Alefosio
Myles Murao
Chris Street
Moses Sepulona
Martin Salazar
George Mikihan

That's only the ones I know of, there could be more. Some, like future stud JoJuan Collins, "transferred" out. I'm sure there are others who are waiting their turn to come up through the pipeline like Carter Freedland.

That is, of course, if they haven't already transferred to what is usually another Trinity school so they can play sooner. The irony that MDDad then used these transfers out of MD against everyone - Gardner, the two Ulu's, Leutele, John Jackson, McDonald, Moore, Toler, Collins, King, etc. - is so amusing. That kid sure knows how to put lipstick on a pig.

Daniels knew he was going to MD prior to his holdback year with the Ducks. He spent 3-4 years being tutored weekly by Dave Money (MD's offensive coordinator) prior to his ninth grade year. That was back when he played on a top OCJAFF team. The Daniels family used that to identify and recruit top kids from that league. Remigio, Parks, Harper, Robins, Toler, King and others.

Of course this requires donors to pony up scholarships, stipends, food and even bedrooms for players. No problem at MD. Their boosters consist of a wide network with deep pockets and a willingness to do what it takes to enhance the program's success. It's a veritable mint for their covert football operations. ;-)

Mix in some extreme "good fortune" as cruiser would call it, and you're suddenly looking at a top national program. Only elite transfers like the St. Browns, Faoliu, Ware-Hudson, Solo, Funa, Logoleo and Alefosio all decided to "magically" appear (while non-elite kids failed to do so? Hmmm, one helluva coincidence...).

That's 7 starters from the Bishop Gorman game out of the nine transfers that I'm aware of. All appear to be D1 players with the exception of one. Pretty ironic, huh MDDad?

There are some of the usual MD kids who naturally matriculated to the school as freshmen and are good enough to play high level college ball. So the few elite type kids who typically would have landed at MD back in the day still stay despite all of these unlikely MD kids with elite talent flooding into their program.

You can see how MD quickly rose to be the top team in the nation. They're a true Southern California (not just OC) all-star team. They've done a far better job of recruiting the best youth talent (better than even the previous best, Bosco). They "luckily" have only transfers who are national recruits that end up starting for them. Hey cruiser, did Rollo happen to find a four leaf clover a few years back?

So no $h!t football transfers are down at MD (duh - you'd either have to be some special kind of stupid like cruiser or better be really elite if you think you can compete for time and want to transfer into MD for football). Hence the real reason Humphries went to CdM (nice try to trick us to think otherwise MDDad).

If it was such an incredibly superior place to attend school given the many dumba$$ reasons noted by cruiser and other honks in their posts, like cruiser noting a soon to be built three story garage, then there would be MORE transfers heading MD's way when compared to other schools, NOT LESS!

Calculated honk MDDad's posts about the lack of transfers into MD are ludicrous and comical. Why not look at the rankings and offers of the transfers each school receives? MD has the best ratio of talent per transfer than any other team in the Trinity League BY FAR.

I guess MDDad "luckily" failed to make that connection. We know cruiser is incapable of doing so. Having the luxury of being selective combined with the natural self-selection process that occurs given their recent run on talent doesn't make you holier than thou MD honks when it comes to transfers.

While I don't mind a school who gets transfers, MD included, quit trying to hold yourselves up as being above it all. You just embarrass yourselves every time you do it.

Which brings me to a former Duck who recently landed at MD (maybe I missed where MDDad or the other MD honks announced it to the board?). If MD had the strict standards that we all know DO NOT exist there, this kid would not be ANYWHERE near that school. Of course he is a great player - MD's own MaxPreps roster lists him as the number one athlete in his class.

The Duck kid I'm referring to played very well the last two games. But he's on his FOURTH OR FIFTH HIGH SCHOOL ALREADY AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE! No way his entire family has moved that many times. I can't imagine how he's academically eligible either. Heard he's already flunked out of one school last year and he is severely allergic to attending class. The schools? MD in summer leading to his freshman year, then Cen10, Bosco, Santiago, and back to MD (are there an additional 1-2 schools that I'm unaware of?). Guess those "high standards" are strictly related to a kid's athletic ability and nothing more, cough, cough.

But as MDDad would say, "please move on - no selling of any souls to be seen here folks." I just hope this kid doesn't cost the team victories or their likely championships this year due to eligibility issues. Oh the irony if it did.

So let's be clear for the MD honks given how they don't comprehend the frequent posts many have made in multiple threads (some quality education there, huh MD dimwits?): the issue is NOT around transfers. MD brings in the top talent from middle school.

Now maybe I've been too harsh on our village idiot cruiser. He could be right. Maybe MD simply gets "lucky" with how many of these middle school, multiple holdback kids "accidentally" turn out to be elite, national college recruits over at MD. I mean isn't it common at other schools, or even throughout MD's rich history, that nearly every single starter, and many on the bench, will play high level college football? LOL you silly little honk cruiser.

Whatever the reason for the talent gap, other quality players know who the elite MD players are at their position. They also realize a five star monster can transfer in his senior year and displace them. Most kids avoid looking at MD as an option when they look to transfer schools.

This is a big reason why MD has had less transfers these past 3-5 years. And why the ones they get are typically just the older, elite players.

There is good news for the rest of the Trinity if you're not a MD honk. MD will have problems sustaining this far superior position for too much longer.

The pied piper leveraged his influence to get on the MD coaching staff and left the little Duckies to swim on their own. That means less Duck players will heed his siren song.

Other youth programs have improved in the areas that once made the Ducks so attractive. That means more kids have started to stay local which resulted in better competitive equity spread among the different programs.

Those kids will likely be influenced by local schools (see CdM with Humphries as an example) or attend other Trinity schools (earlier playing time on varsity). The pied piper and his merry band of honks intoxicating rhetoric has begun to wane and will continue to do so over time.

Given the renewed focus at well positioned schools in the rest of the Trinity, and Bosco not resting on their laurels, it's easy to see how MD's recent stranglehold on elite middle school kids will begin to soften. It will take a few years to run it's course. But it will happen. It's the natural ebb and flow of Trinity football.

I'm hoping this happens after they get a national championship and help bring OC football back to the top spot nationwide.

Please don't start leaving links to the varsity board on occonnect. Lord only knows what will happen if Luca and Rab strike up a conversation.

/r/oldpeoplefacebook has enough material already.

• Haha 1

• dntn31 changed the title to It was all about The Stache