It was all about The Stache

The Stache

37 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

There was a comment made by somebody after the Mission Viejo game that Solo T is out. But as far as I am aware this has not been substantiated by anybody. I saw the Mission game and neither he or Funa played much, if any, of the second half. I never saw an injury nor was one ever reported. It would be nice to receive some factual information on this.

I agree however that losing Solo would be a blow to the defense but it is no excuse should they lose. 

Solo seemed to tweek an ankle the  series after JT’s TD run. MD was up 21-7 and I’m sure if MV made a come back Rollo would have put him back in...if any of MD*****’s Wild Samoans were out Dan Albano would have wrote about it since he was there yesterday:

6E0A8932-8AC1-4A50-AAC8-F7998A0DF467.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, On2whls said:

Go into the game with that attitude and you will lose.  The team that fears the other one more in this matchup will lose. 

This is a massively important game for me & my troops...I can 100% assure you that we have prepared mentality and physically accordingly for Saint John Bosco on Saturday night...The Monarchs & Braves are going to put on quite the show...LET'S ROCK AND ROLL!!!

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/30/football-mater-deis-rollinson-follows-own-advice-in-addressing-coaching-future-johnson-comments/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

By DAN ALBANO | dalbano@scng.com | Orange County Register
PUBLISHED: November 30, 2017 at 12:20 pm | UPDATED: November 30, 2017 at 12:30 pm

LONG BEACH Veteran Mater Dei football coach Bruce Rollinson followed his own advice earlier this week when addressing two topics on the periphery of the Monarchs’ showdown against St. John Bosco in the CIF-SS Division 1 football final Saturday night at Cerritos College.

Rollinson, who wants to limit distractions for his team this week as it aims for its first section crown since 1999, coolly handled questions about his coaching future and comments made by retiring Mission Viejo coach Bob Johnson after Mater Dei’s 49-21 victory against the Diablos in the Division 1 semifinals.

First, Rollinson said he will not be retiring after this season as some rumors suggest and will coaching the Monarchs in 2018. “Absolutely,” he said Monday at the CIF-SS press luncheon for the finals.

And secondly, Rollinson declined to address Johnson’s postgame comments that Mater Dei is “the best money can buy.”

“I’m just going to take the high road,” Rollinson said Monday. “I got to worry about St. John Bosco. I don’t got to worry about somebody that I’ve already beat.”

OOOOH.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I thought that "not a second-place team any more" to be an odd comment too.

Dan Albano has asked version of this question all year: "Mater Dei has come in second place several times in D1 since 1999, including last year. What is differnt this year?"

if that was what Dan asked (imo it was) the answer would seem very realizable. 

27 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

“I’m just going to take the high road,” Rollinson said Monday. “I got to worry about St. John Bosco. I don’t got to worry about somebody that I’ve already beat.”

OOOOH.gif

Didn't he already beat SJB?

Damn, they might want to incorporate some 'Dealing with the Media 101' at Mater Dei

Just now, maxchoboian said:

Didn't he already beat SJB?

Damn, they might want to incorporate some 'Dealing with the Media 101' at Mater Dei

that game was in league, Saturday's game is the the CIF SS Championship. So yes they beat them but they have to beat them again in the playoffs... 

13 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Dan Albano has asked version of this question all year: "Mater Dei has come in second place several times in D1 since 1999, including last year. What is differnt this year?"

4 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

that game was in league, Saturday's game is the the CIF SS Championship. So yes they beat them but they have to beat them again in the playoffs... 

Would hope for more from the once in a generation group.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I hope Rollinson said "I don't have to" instead of "I don't got to", and the reporter just printed it incorrectly. 

xD "I don't got no" other reason to pick on what he said though. Funny stuff.

Rollo’s Voice is really raspy. he could have said it either way...only God knows for sure

17 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Not sure who Dan Albano is, but if he's half as cool as Lou Albano he's alright.  ^_^

Image result for lou albano gif

On 7/31/2017 at 2:15 PM, The Stache said:

Gawd it great to finally be back on the field

Rock and Roll Baby!

During the mandated 3 week "dead period" two of our young men accepted offers.  Our big Tackle Tommy Brown committed to my good friend Nick Sabon at Alabama, and JT is going to be the next Monarch Heisman trophy QB at USC following, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinhart, and Matt Barkely.  Of course JT still has two more years with the Three Stripers.

We have 4 of 5 O-line guys returning and the entire backfield and receiving core (sans Osiris St. Brown), but his little brother Amon ra  who will sign with Notre Dame) is even better.

Everyone says we had to replace our entire defense, and we did.  We have our best front 7 in school history, including our star inside LB who was hurt most of last year.  Our Secondary beat SJB in the "Battle on the Beach finals".

Also Don't sleep on our 5 start TE.  He is an absolute stud.

All you Florida guys who say the key is to pressure JT...forget about it.  Our O-line guys are way better this year and most are 3 year starters.

Congrats coach.  You called it way back at the start of camp in August. 

• Haha 1

• dntn31 changed the title to It was all about The Stache