BOMBSHELL: Mater Dei Hazing Scandal

The Stache

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Why the panic and desperation?........mater dei sure didn't make that fact known to the police.

Why? It wasn't a fact.

A mutual fight resulting in a minor concussion, no doctors visits after two weeks, and the injured party immediately playing football doesn’t usually lead to a police investigation. Once the video came to light and was provided voluntarily to the police MD affiliates, the police recommended a charge against the other player for giving an additional punch to the face. (Again, within seconds, plaintiff punched the other player in the face, other player punched plaintiff in the face, plaintiff starts to cover up face while standing like a boxer, and other player punched him in the face again. No one was ever on the ground.). The DA disagreed with the characterization of this as criminal, and declined to bring a charge. The police never recommended charges against anyone at the school. And the DA noted after investigation that there was not a “shred of evidence” of “hazing.”

But, otherwise, good point. You’re killing it. 

4 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

Show your evidence that the argument was “this was not bodies” as opposed to “md does not have any hazing ritual, let alone one in the form of bodies.”

You, yourself, have referred to this entire incident as a dumb fight, even today many times. You even claim it was a QUICK dumb fight. Almost so quick no one saw it, Wait, that's NOT true either. Kids had cameras out and were ready even if the thing lasted 10 seconds.

I pressed you a little (not even hard really) and now it's not the kid's first time playing bodies which DOES NOT happen at mater dei. It did on that day, lawyer man!. If nothing else.

4 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

But, otherwise, good point. You’re killing it. 

Again. Why the mater dei panic with mistakes being made everywhere on every level?

Everyone HERE agrees mistakes were made on the handling of a simple quick dumb fight that wasn't bodies.

Does mater dei just not handle simple quick dumb fights well? Are additional training classes needed on the subject. A couple more simple quick dumb fights could destroy mater dei and everyone that works there.

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You, yourself, have referred to this entire incident as a dumb fight, even today many times. You even claim it was a QUICK dumb fight. Almost so quick no one saw it, Wait, that's NOT true either. Kids had cameras out and were ready even if the thing lasted 10 seconds.

I pressed you a little (not even hard really) and now it's not the kid's first time playing bodies which DOES NOT happen at mater dei. It did on that day, lawyer man!. If nothing else.

Still waiting for you to provide any evidence of anyone saying “this was not bodies.”  You’re beating the crap out of a straw man. 

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Again. Why the mater dei panic with mistakes being made everywhere on every level?

Everyone HERE agrees mistakes were made on the handling of a simple quick dumb fight that wasn't bodies.

Does mater dei just not handle simple quick dumb fights well? Are additional training classes needed on the subject. A couple more simple quick dumb fights could destroy mater dei and everyone that works there.

Again, the argument was never “this was bodies.” The argument has always been, this was mot a hazing ritual and was instead a one off fight stemming from a game commonly called bodies that the school did not condoned and properly punished. You’re just making stuff up at this point. 

The big difference between you and the md people is that md people have consistently said they will change their minds and hold people accountable if allegations prove true. So far, the allegations are being systematically debunked. Conversely, you (and some others) want to hate md (and real people you don’t from the other side of the country) no matter what the truth is regarding the Feb 4, 2021 fight. 

3 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

The big difference between you and the md people is that md people have consistently said they will change their minds and hold people accountable if allegations prove true.

How can this be a true statement when mater dei lets child abusers and those that covered them up attend their class reunions?...sometimes even with the parents of the victims being there.

How are those optics?

I can also assure you my differences with mater dei people are irrelevant. 

You keep babbling, but you aren't saying anything.

I am going to ask you just one more time.

Why the mater dei PANIC?

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

How can this be a true statement when mater dei lets child abusers and those that covered them up attend their class reunions?...sometimes even with the parents of the victims being there.

How are those optics?

I can also assure you my differences with mater dei people are irrelevant. 

You keep babbling, but you aren't saying anything.

I am going to ask you just one more time.

Why the mater dei PANIC?

What “panic”? Define your terms. And I see you’ve already moved on from your claim that people argued “this was not bodies.”

7 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

What “panic”? Define your terms. 

Panic has no terms. Panic is panic. Mistakes were made. You admitted that to yourself a few days ago here at this forum

and, .

.....do the Presidents of mater dei always step down and are ADs always fired with every simple quick dumb fight at mater dei?

That's NOT a very good place to work obviously, if true.

10 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

What “panic”? Define your terms. And I see you’ve already moved on from your claim that people argued “this was not bodies.”

Brother the guy is incapable of understanding an intelligent conversation so he just keeps moving the goalposts…Sad really.He’s a piñata 🪅 and isn’t intelligent enough to realize it 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

Thank you for the clarification. Your dizzying intellect has defeated me.

I’ll tell my firm how thoroughly RedZone on Prepgridiron.com dominated me. Maybe they’ll send you an employment offer. 

You are quite welcome, Sir.

When you talk to your firm tell them to buy you a dictionary....OR, maybe they can give you one with your next bonus.

There are NO panic terms.

Panic: sudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety, often causing wildly unthinking behavior.

3 hours ago, res ipsa loquitur said:

Their “interesting” response was the former principal asking for complete silence from the school and all students—not wanting to fight back with counter evidence in the media and just letting the case play out in court. That’s why he was pushed out. Now a motion to dismiss the hazing claim will be heard Monday, and the school is gearing up to publicly fight back—while also publicly adopting other best practices to ensure players, coaches, and parents are upholding the values of the school  

Re the millionaire quote, I DO think it’s  plausible now. While the former AD’s credibility is shaky, I don’t think she has an incentive to lie/has purposely lied. Regarding her story about her seeing the injuries and talking to plaintiff after the fight, an email from the day after shows that she “heard” about the fight from some other unnamed person. So she may have a false memory as opposed to lying about the injuries and order not to call 911. Conversely, none of the the latest filings directly dispute the millionaire quote. But, the full testimony (as opposed to that one line) is telling. The former AD testified that she talked to Rollo in the days after the fight. Rollo allegedly said he talked to the parents, they understood that both kids needed to be punished, and they took responsibility for their son fighting. It then appears that  Rollo said the quote in reference to teenage boys engaging in fights generally—not specifically md football players or md students even. In other words, “ thank you for taking responsibility, but also, don’t feel too terrible, I get that this is a common stupid form of fighting.” As plaintiff himself testified, he’s been plaything bodies since jr high. The statement was not to condone the fight or indicative of lever letting us slide. It came literally right after telling the parents that was being suspended from school and football for playing bodies. (Notably, the other boy who fought but stayed at MD was suspended from school for weeks and from football for the season. Conversely, plaintiff quickly enrolled in a new school and played football almost immediately). 

The other obvious interpretation is, “if I had a dollar for every time one of my players played bodies, I’d be a millionaire.” Given six months with no evidence of this happening with other players on the football team and not a single former player coming forward to say that there has ever been hazing on the football team, I find the former interpretation more persuasive. But that’s for a jury to decide re the negligence claim (as the “hazing” claim will almost certainly be dismissed on Monday or on a later MSJ, if the court wants more evidence to be gathered first). 

I also think it’s plausible, and I agree with your AD assessment. We all know how witnesses remember details, it doesn’t mean they’re lying or there’s I’ll intent. Like you said, she has no reason to lie, the stories corroborate, and that would be quite a strange thing to conspire on and fabricate. All signs and common sense point to it being the truth.

He also said he’d be a millionaire if every time “these”  kids played bodies… Not just kids in general. I don’t know what sort of wisdom is packed inside the observation that kids get in school fights, but to me he’s clearly referencing a specific group of kids. Namely, “these” kids I coach every day. Also, if he doesn’t even have “time for this shit” to know or address what’s going on in his own locker room with the kids he’s responsible for, just how would he be privy to the first thing about what kids are doing elsewhere on campus or outside of it? I don’t buy your former explanation one bit. And based on everything of yours I’ve read, I don’t buy that you would either if it weren’t for your personal connection with the man. 

I agree with most of what you’ve posted, especially the hazing accusations which should and hopefully will be defeated. I disagree with your assessment here, and, among a few other details, I disagree with the assessment and characterization (of MD in general) around the fight and what led up to it. But my thoughts around that aren’t very relevant as I would not expect any school on the planet to be able to prevent two students who wanted to fight from fighting. That’s a ridiculous and unrealistic expectation.

I have a background in investigations and counter intelligence, and I come from a family with enough lawyers to staff a medium-sized firm. As a result, I feel I’ve become pretty adept at sifting through truth and bullshit. Though limited facts have emerged, I’ve been spot on with my assessment since the first news story broke. Much of it is exaggeration and overblown, and most of the facts are on your side. But not all of them, that much is certain.

It goes without saying these are my personal opinions based on my knowledge of the incident. That knowledge is far less than some and far more than most. My concerns and opinions are just that — mine. And I think it’s obvious what my main concern is. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’ll likely never know.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

I also think it’s plausible, and I agree with your AD assessment. We all know how witnesses remember details, it doesn’t mean they’re lying or there’s I’ll intent. Like you said, she has no reason to lie, the stories corroborate, and that would be quite a strange thing to conspire on and fabricate. All signs and common sense point to it being the truth.

He also said he’d be a millionaire if every time “these”  kids played bodies… Not just kids in general. I don’t know what sort of wisdom is packed inside the observation that kids get in school fights, but to me he’s clearly referencing a specific group of kids. Namely, “these” kids I coach every day. Also, if he doesn’t even have “time for this shit” to know or address what’s going on in his own locker room with the kids he’s responsible for, just how would he be privy to the first thing about what kids are doing elsewhere on campus or outside of it? I don’t but your former explanation one bit. And based on everything of yours I’ve read, I don’t buy that you would either it weren’t for your personal connection with the man. 

I agree with most of what you’ve posted, especially the hazing accusations which should and hopefully will be defeated. I disagree with your assessment here, and, among a few other details,I disagree with the assessment and characterization (of MD in general) around the fight and what led up to it. But my thoughts around that aren’t very relevant as I would not expect any school on the planet to be prevent two students who wanted to fight from fighting. That’s a ridiculous and unrealistic expectation.

I have a background in investigations and counter intelligence, and I come from a family with enough lawyers to staff a medium-sized firm. As a result, I feel I’ve become pretty adept at sifting through truth and bullshit. Though limited facts have emerged, I’ve been spot on with my assessment since the first news story broke. Much of it is exaggeration and overblown, and most of the facts are on your side. But not all of them, that much is certain.

It goes without saying these are my personal opinions based on my knowledge of the incident. That knowledge is far less than some and far more than most. My concerns and opinions are just that — mine. And I think it’s obvious what my main concern is. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’ll likely never know.

This is a totally fair and reasonable take. Thank you for the good faith response. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

All I see is these so called mater dump insiders have no idea what's going on behind those doors.

READ DUDE. Just try it. Res, surf, and I have all seen the video and understand the situation. As mentioned before, NO other parents have pulled their kids from Mater Dei or the football program because of the transparency and understanding of the incident within the community. The kid is fine and is playing/has played 2 seasons of full contact football since his “brains were smashed in” (as our resident racist put it). Bad incident that happened in the locker room that led to suspensions. Just like any other fight on any other campus. 30 pages of dorks gossiping like bitches. I’ll never understand. Glad I don’t have to though. Regardless, I’d rather insiders have no idea what’s going on in regards to a fight than a murder. Period. Wash your hands player. 

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Brother the guy is incapable of understanding an intelligent conversation so he just keeps moving the goalposts…Sad really.He’s a piñata 🪅 and isn’t intelligent enough to realize it 

What mater dei grown ups and coaches are you referring too?

bandicam 2022-05-07 17-21-16-747.jpg

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What mater dei grown ups and coaches are you referring too?

bandicam 2022-05-07 17-21-16-747.jpg

I’m guilty of jumping to conclusions 

I sometimes get caught up in the social media machine and forget that evidence is what’s important not writers/posters with agendas 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

I sometimes get caught up in the social media machine and forget that evidence is what’s important not writers/posters with agendas 

I'll ask again.

What mater dei grown ups and coaches were you referring too?...and did you base your rush judgement on past incidents?

I'm with you, sport......69 days is a tremendous amount of days.

Either you are very stupid or not very honest.

Don't call anyone dumb.

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Did you get that "69 days to talk to the police information" from social media or was that your thought initially.

Do you now believe 69 days is not a lot of days to get one's story straight?

The court would like to know.

That would be a lot of days if the truth of the fight was as the media originally described it. In reality, this was a one off, there is no hazing ritual, both players were immediately suspended, and the fight led to only minor injuries--with plaintiff playing football at a new school weeks later. In fact, he was playing in full tackle football games less than 69 days after the fight. And no charges resulted from the fight. (What part of "not a shred of evidence" of hazing do you not understand?)

27 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Did you get that "69 days to talk to the police information" from social media or was that your thought initially.

Do you now believe 69 days is not a lot of days to get one's story straight?

The court would like to know