DLS moving forward

Sammyswordsman

Seems that after watching Folsom tonight, alot of long time DLS observers are unable to come to grips with the Spartans losing.

Comments like "Never saw a DLS team play worse in the last game than the first game".  "3 dropped interceptions". 

"16 penalties"...... don't bode well for a program whose mantra was "perfect effort".

It's now been a few years post Lad and now Eidson is gone to.  Those guys can never be replaced.  Also, the rest of Nor Cal is improving.

DLS is no longer committed to the Veer so they don't run it well.  They can't get a marquee QB becuause their staff is not proficient in the air raid offense.

Their freshmen teams have been nothing special lately

I don't see Butter sticking around much longer, putting in 100 hours a week x 50 weeks a year, only to see such sloppy play.

Personally I think DLS is trending down and will back off scheduling OOS powers, maybe stick to a couple Tier 2/3 So Cal teams in the pre league.

Get used to alot of 8-2 or 7-3 seasons from the Spartans for the next few years.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh Lordy Lordy... 

DLS had one rough season that would've been considered good by the standards of 90% of other teams.... 

Whatever will they do now that Sammy has given a prediction that they're gonna be on the Decline....

The top 10% of high school football is not good and is not where DLS should be satisfied with being.

This is an annual post for Sammy.

No one from DLS has ever agreed that a change is in order and, in fact, there has been unanimity to avoid following the path of the socal academy schools in trading character and ethics for some fleeting athletic fame.  DLS could give away their fame for a few decades and still have more leftover than Servite or other tier 2 socal schools, of which DLS has NEVER lost to.

You can not replace a Ladouceur or Eidson, but Baugh will be turning boys to men on Winton Drive for decades to come, free from alumni pressure.  Winning isn’t the goal. 

servites deal with the devil was a bit desperate — sell your soul for a runner-up league finish?  We LaSallians value souls more highly 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Personally I think DLS is trending down

Hilarious.  DLS has their first season with at least three losses since when?  1981?  Outside of SFA, their losses were by 3 and 2 points and they have a convincing victory over a state champion.

I'd wait till 3 loss seasons happen a few more times before you bury them.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PopsNW said:

No one from DLS has ever agreed that a change is in order and, in fact, there has been unanimity to avoid following the path of the socal academy schools in trading character and ethics for some fleeting athletic fame.  DLS could give away their fame for a few decades and still have more leftover than Servite or other tier 2 socal schools, of which DLS has NEVER lost to.

You can not replace a Ladouceur or Eidson, but Baugh will be turning boys to men on Winton Drive for decades to come, free from alumni pressure.  Winning isn’t the goal. 

servites deal with the devil was a bit desperate — sell your soul for a runner-up league finish?  We LaSallians value souls more highly 

Getting Noah, TMac and Graham (Servite's three best players) is "selling your soul"?  These are some of the most solid citizens out there.  Please.  Get off your high horse.

13 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

DLS will always be one of the best teams in NorCal but this season taught us that they should no longer just get a free pass to the Open anymore.  We need a true Open playoff up North. 

Tough way to end a great year for Folsom.  I was thinking they would win but just didn't happen.  What do they have coming back next year?  Any talent coming up from the JV's?  

Have no idea what DLS will be like but I do have concerns as far as coaching and ability to throw the ball (a concern every year).  I have no problem with getting beat by the better team, like they did 3x this year, but to finish the last game with all the TO and penalties was very disappointing.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Is there something about the three individuals he mentioned that you could fill us in on that would cause your reaction?  You can’t lump those three guys in with the scandalous reputation that surrounds certain TL teams.

It has nothing to do with that. I laughed because I’ve never heard high school kids being described as “most solid citizens”. What does that even mean? How does that poster even know? Nobody even questioned the characters of those kids. It was just a funny thing to say. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Tough way to end a great year for Folsom.  I was thinking they would win but just didn't happen.  What do they have coming back next year?  Any talent coming up from the JV's?  

Have no idea what DLS will be like but I do have concerns as far as coaching and ability to throw the ball (a concern every year).  I have no problem with getting beat by the better team, like they did 3x this year, but to finish the last game with all the TO and penalties was very disappointing.  

Folsom brings back a lot and their freshmen/jv teams went undefeated and beat DLS soundly. Throw in a few transfers and they’ll be back in the running next season. 

Will be interesting to see if DLS changes things up. IMO they need to ditch the veer and start attracting better qb’s. 

3 hours ago, PopsNW said:

Definitely not Punchy Pops, waaaasy too eloquent!

bgw

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

Hilarious.  DLS has their first season with at least three losses since when?  1981?  Outside of SFA, their losses were by 3 and 2 points and they have a convincing victory over a state champion.

I'd wait till 3 loss seasons happen a few more times before you bury them.  

If DLS stops scheduling OOS Tier 1/2 then you know that they know they are trending down.  

it’s easy to have a Tier 6  team and avoid 3 losses in Nor cal.   Just look at Folsom over the past 10 years