Mater Dei wants to play in Battle at the beach in Naples FL next year

HurricaneNick

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Should we pitch a game to archbishop bummel? Could they fund a trip to FL? 

Probably not. Escambia Florida went to New Orleans and clobbered Bummel 21-8. When Bummel was supposed to man up and return the 3 hour trip to Pensacola they refused and left Escambia in a bind. 

So I don’t think Bummel would come down. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Any takers? Stipend will not be an issue. C’mon Aquinas, no unusual circumstances here. Contract can be signed ASAP. Miami central, Grayson university, Tampa Jesuit, Collins hill??  Any of the big dogs from the southeast let’s make it happen! No Louisiana teams please, we would prefer a real challenge. 

74DE8D6B-C552-4B4C-A2A6-D78E7437BB2C.jpeg

Right play Aquinas when they graduate their three times state champion quarterback? But they can import some others stud I guess.

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

Right play Aquinas when they graduate there three times state champion quarterback? But they can import some others stud I guess.

They had 19 transfers this year. Mater Dei had zero. MD was more than willing to travel to or host Aquinas this year with a sophomore QB. I figure if MD is headed to Florida they might as well play the top program. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

They had 19 transfers this year. Mater Dei had zero. MD was more than willing to travel to or host Aquinas this year with a sophomore QB. I figure if MD is headed to Florida they might as well play the top program. 

Nothing doin out here boss. You ain’t missing much. You gotta go to metro Atlanta. It’s closer and lots more to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Any takers? Stipend will not be an issue. C’mon Aquinas, no unusual circumstances here. Contract can be signed ASAP. Miami central, Grayson university, Tampa Jesuit, Collins hill??  Any of the big dogs from the southeast let’s make it happen! No Louisiana teams please, we would prefer a real challenge. 

74DE8D6B-C552-4B4C-A2A6-D78E7437BB2C.jpeg

C'mon, Nick, Collins Hill's 15 minutes of fame is so over.  🤣  They are the one-hit wonder whose name shall no longer be mentioned among the big boys.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Buttmunch said:

Bill Castle’s teams haven’t been as good lately.

There's been too much talent at other city of Lakeland high schools. But, it was just the 2020 team that was down a good bit. 2019 was loaded, with arguably the fastest duo of offensive players anywhere, but they just got tripped up in a road game at Armwood. 2021 was actually quite good, just didn't trust the QB to throw into 1-on-1 matchups with their 4* WR vs. 5* CB. Lake Gibson put 8-9 in the box and dared Lakeland to throw at McClain, and they didn't do it. They probably had the best roster of the potential 7A playoff matchups for STA, they just weren't able to put the young talent together to get over the hump. If they can find a QB for next year, they have an excellent chance to face STA in the final.

58 minutes ago, badrouter said:

There's been too much talent at other city of Lakeland high schools. But, it was just the 2020 team that was down a good bit. 2019 was loaded, with arguably the fastest duo of offensive players anywhere, but they just got tripped up in a road game at Armwood. 2021 was actually quite good, just didn't trust the QB to throw into 1-on-1 matchups with their 4* WR vs. 5* CB. Lake Gibson put 8-9 in the box and dared Lakeland to throw at McClain, and they didn't do it. They probably had the best roster of the potential 7A playoff matchups for STA, they just weren't able to put the young talent together to get over the hump. If they can find a QB for next year, they have an excellent chance to face STA in the final.

I was at that Armwood game. I was hoping Armwood  would get a crack at STA, but Edgewater beat them.

11 hours ago, 181pl said:

Venice will play anybody at any time. You can probably sign them up. I think American Heritage plantation will probably play anybody at any time also. Another quality team you can sign up. Of course you can count on Central. Maybe Northwestern.

And those teams would definitely play them at a public park in Naples.

• Like 1