Coaching

Ga96

That's the problem in georgia high school football. We have a bunch of mediocre coaches sitting back getting their bank accounts fat while doing nothing in the championship category. Georgia is a heaven for coaches but honestly they aren't putting out for everything they are given.

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

That's the problem in georgia high school football. We have a bunch of mediocre coaches sitting back getting their bank accounts fat while doing nothing in the championship category. Georgia is a heaven for coaches but honestly they aren't putting out for everything they are given.

I once pitched a structured revenue system for a particular AAAAAAA team (not to be named).  It went something like this...

$7,000 per each regular season AAAAAAA win (a potential of $70,000)

$10,000 per each playoff win (a potential of $50,000)

$15,000 bonus for a State Championship win

Total potential would be $135,000.

Alas, Rush wouldn't get outa bed for that money....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I once pitched a structured revenue system for a particular AAAAAAA team (not to be named).  It went something like this...

$7,000 per each regular season AAAAAAA win (a potential of $70,000)

$10,000 per each playoff win (a potential of $50,000)

$15,000 bonus for a State Championship win

Total potential would be $135,000.

Alas, Rush wouldn't get outa bed for that money....

Rufus>>

Point taken. However, during football season, Rush and his staff barely went to bed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Does Collins hill pay for the head coach to tweet during national championship week? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

In all seriousness with region 1 how bad as the coaching that we have freshman coming in with a better understanding of the game than juniors and seniors. 

What are the coaches doing because they damn sure ain't coaching. Kids been a system for 3 years and they still haven't progressed. I would've rather had your freshman defensive players start on varsity than the majority if what was put in the field.

One of your freshman LBs didn't start varsity until after then freshman season and finished second team all region. So not a single coach noticed he was ready for varsity the entire regular season. Ended up finishing 2nd or 3rd on the team in tackles. Its pitiful at Lowndes. I blame Dubose because he decides to keep these mediocre coaches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

In all seriousness with region 1 how bad as the coaching that we have freshman coming in with a better understanding of the game than juniors and seniors. 

What are the coaches doing because they damn sure ain't coaching. Kids been a system for 3 years and they still haven't progressed. I would've rather had your freshman defensive players start on varsity than the majority if what was put in the field.

One of your freshman LBs didn't start varsity until after then freshman season and finished second team all region. So not a single coach noticed he was ready for varsity the entire regular season. Ended up finishing 2nd or 3rd on the team in tackles. Its pitiful at Lowndes. I blame Dubose because he decides to keep these mediocre coaches.

Why aren’t those kids coming into HS knowing basic shit?!? I mean, tackling? Live ball situations on kickoffs, punts and missed FGs? Stuff that should be taught in kindergarten is being glossed over apparently forever. 

Sounds like the whole system is failing if kids don’t have basic situational football down by the time they get to HS. 

5 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Why aren’t those kids coming into HS knowing basic shit?!? I mean, tackling? Live ball situations on kickoffs, punts and missed FGs? Stuff that should be taught in kindergarten is being glossed over apparently forever. 

Sounds like the whole system is failing if kids don’t have basic situational football down by the time they get to HS. 

Because Coach Roy Saturday passed away in 2012.

He coached Packer 8th grade football...............

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

@HurricaneNick this what kids have to deal with from coaches. They act like they weren't the ones telling whoever would listen that they were #1 in the country. Now somehow its the other way around. I would be embarrassed to post some BS like this.

So much for the “educator” POV….

Jesus, what’s in the water over there, mushroom juice?

bgw

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Wild that ONE coach is the only one capable of teaching kids basic football, isn’t it?!? I’d have thought rush would’ve had that tightened up at the lower levels. 

He did. Rogers ran off one or more of the better coaches in the lower levels. Namely the 9th grade guy in Coach Woodall who had been there for several years. 

When you have a coaching change at the top, that new coach needs the right to hire and fire who he wants in the lower grades. These coaches also often serve as assistants at the Varsity level. 

We not only lost kids under Rogers but some of our better coaches. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Ga96 said:

@HurricaneNick this what kids have to deal with from coaches. They act like they weren't the ones telling whoever would listen that they were #1 in the country. Now somehow its the other way around. I would be embarrassed to post some BS like this.

Lol, apparently they have quite the clown show up there for a coaching staff. 

Nobody that I've seen is hating on the kids outside of their mouthiness, but, definitely calling out the coaches for their crud leading up to the game. The kids apparently get it honestly from their mentors. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I talked to another one of our "quitters" this weekend who would have been a senior starter on defense in the secondary. He said, you know I didn't play my senior season right, and I said yes I know. Why? Why miss out on your senior season man? 

He said it was so different from what he had come up through and it was no longer any fun. It was like a job but there was no paycheck promised. 

All that "new faces in new places" bullshit we heard would have been fairly unnecessary if kids like that one were on the sideline or in the game rather than stocking shelves at WalMart. 

I get pissed every time I hear from one of these kids. Almost every single one that quit to a T say the same thing. It was no longer fun. Nothing like what they did coming through the system. It was like a job with no pay. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I talked to another one of our "quitters" this weekend who would have been a senior starter on defense in the secondary. He said, you know I didn't play my senior season right, and I said yes I know. Why? Why miss out on your senior season man? 

He said it was so different from what he had come up through and it was no longer any fun. It was like a job but there was no paycheck promised. 

All that "new faces in new places" bullshit we heard would have been fairly unnecessary if kids like that one were on the sideline or in the game rather than stocking shelves at WalMart. 

I get pissed every time I hear from one of these kids. Almost every single one that quit to a T say the same thing. It was no longer fun. Nothing like what they did coming through the system. It was like a job with no pay. 

Was playing for Propst fun? Winning is great, but I can't imagine much around that guy being "fun." I'd think viewing high school football as a job would describe the Propst years too. No?

30 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Was playing for Propst fun? Winning is great, but I can't imagine much around that guy being "fun." I'd think viewing high school football as a job would describe the Propst years too. No?

I would say this…….first, I think the guy is one of the bigger narcissistic pieces of shit to ever grace a sideline. That’s saying something! That being said, I think the lessons of hard work, camaraderie and working with others for a common goal are invaluable. He tried to instill that in them. A lot of what he did for kids, IMO, may have been as much a means to end as wanting to help kids, but he did it and good on him for that. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

I would say this…….first, I think the guy is one of the bigger narcissistic pieces of shit to ever grace a sideline. That’s saying something! That being said, I think the lessons of hard work, camaraderie and working with others for a common goal are invaluable. He tried to instill that in them. A lot of what he did for kids, IMO, may have been as much a means to end as wanting to help kids, but he did it and good on him for that. 

I'm just wondering how playing under Propst was more fun, as opposed to being more like work under Rogers. I'm not questioning Propst teaching hard work and camaraderie.

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

A lot of times the best person to listen to for advice is the ones that has made all the mistakes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

I'm just wondering how playing under Propst was more fun, as opposed to being more like work under Rogers. I'm not questioning Propst teaching hard work and camaraderie.

I wonder this same thing. I think there was a variety of differences that sucked the fun out of it for the kids today versus when Rush was the coach. 

Some of it is hype. The kids love being hyped up and then living up to it. Some of it was weight room. You have to have fun and love lifting to progress in there. If it isn't fun You arent going to be as engaged. 

I can't get any one of them to put it on me in a way I can understand to be honest. Believe me I've tried because I wanted them to succeed, all of them, including the coaches.

Rush worked them harder than what we've seen them do the last three years, but, somehow they enjoyed it more.  Its a lot the sell I think. They just weren't buying where they did with Rush. 

Remember Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer... it sure is fun white washing this here fence. And then it was fun and everyone joined in to do it and got it done. 

With Justin, everyone wasn't joining in, and it wasn't getting done. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2