Illinois thread

Bones

We are two weeks away from opening day. I will use this thread to speak on each weeks marque matchups, results, rankings, and happenings.

Unfortunately, this year I don't have much preseason info as coverage in the state continues to dwindle, but once it picks up I'll provide lanks for the programs in the national discussion and others that help paint the state landscape.

If you want to know something let me know. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

How does South Elgin look? They are 1,264th in the nation and are coming to Disney to play the country's 11,374th best team. 

South Elgin is in no way shape or form 1,264th in the nation. I can tell you that without knowing a single thing about this year's team.  

They were 4-5 last year in what was an up year for their conference, but is not a great conference.  They also got dominated by the strong teams on their schedule whom were also smaller than they. Similar to that St. Ed's game we discussed last year, this team is vastly overrated by the computers by having them in the top 5000.

5 minutes ago, Bones said:

South Elgin is in no way shape or form 1,264th in the nation. I can tell you that without knowing a single thing about this year's team.  

They were 4-5 last year in what was an up year for their conference, but is not a great conference.  They also got dominated by the strong teams on their schedule whom were also smaller than they. Similar to that St. Ed's game we discussed last year, this team is vastly overrated by the computers by having them in the top 5000.

Thanks for giving me an honest opinion. Hopefully its a competitive game

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Bones - I know you commented earlier on the Hinsdale Central/X matchup, but the content escapes me. I'm not familiar with them...what's their story?

Hinsdale Central is generally solid. Before I was saying that I would like HC's chances better if the game we're mid season because we don't get scrimmages or kickoff classics to prepare, but if last season was any indication HC is able to be pretty good in week 1 where IL is generally sloppy. HC will not wow you with D1 skill guys, but may have an OL or 2 headed to P5 schools as they have had a recent pipeline to Michigan State. If X were to win I would consider it a quality win, but a HC win would be an upset. HC could finish anywhere between 1st and 4th in their conference. Last year they were 1st but then got bounced from the post season in the 1st Rd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bones said:

Hinsdale Central is generally solid. Before I was saying that I would like HC's chances better if the game we're mid season because we don't get scrimmages or kickoff classics to prepare, but if last season was any indication HC is able to be pretty good in week 1 where IL is generally sloppy. HC will not wow you with D1 skill guys, but may have an OL or 2 headed to P5 schools as they have had a recent pipeline to Michigan State. If X were to win I would consider it a quality win, but a HC win would be an upset. HC could finish anywhere between 1st and 4th in their conference. Last year they were 1st but then got bounced from the post season in the 1st Rd.

Gracias. Interested to see how it goes...the hype here for X has been on the rise over the past 2-3 weeks.

7 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Gracias. Interested to see how it goes...the hype here for X has been on the rise over the past 2-3 weeks.

I see the game is at a neutral site, but it doesn't say where. Where is it?

Side note these are some of the richest boys in the country. School is tucked in the neighborhood of some pretty damn nice homes.

https://www.zillow.com/hinsdale-il/

3 minutes ago, Bones said:

Side note these are some of the richest boys in the country. School is tucked in the neighborhood of some pretty damn nice homes.

Damn those are some sick ass expensive homes. What school is in this area?

27 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Bones.... Mount Carmel being moved out of the Blue? I think the IHSAA may be going a little too far in the "all inclusiveness thing". Diluting the conference is not imo. a good thing for the perception of IL football. 

IHSA has nothing to do with the conferences. As far as Mt. Carmel and the Catholic Blue from what I understand the conference made the move and Mt. Carmel did not appeal although they could have.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/northbrook/sports/ct-sta-football-catholic-league-realignment-st-0620-20170619-story,amp.html

But Montini in the Blue should be interesting, but weird to be the Blue without it's most notable member.

17 hours ago, Bones said:

No disrespect by any means but some of these homes. (The non-mansions)

Mostly that 549,000 home would go for like 350,000 down here... 

Still an expensive area....

Screenshot_20170812-041337.png

Article on the event held at East St. Louis on September 2nd.

The headline game is Evangel vs East Side. However, there are two other games scheduled with local schools facing off against schools from New Jersey.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article166412632.html

This would obviously be a huge win for the Flyers and Illinois football.

5 hours ago, Bones said:

Article on the event held at East St. Louis on September 2nd.

The headline game is Evangel vs East Side. However, there are two other games scheduled with local schools facing off against schools from New Jersey.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article166412632.html

This would obviously be a huge win for the Flyers and Illinois football.

Oh yea what is Stevenson looking like?

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh yea what is Stevenson looking like?

They have a new HC this year, and it's been kind of quiet about the Patriots this offseason so not much is known. Based on history I expect them to be in the mix in 8A. They do have to replace most of their starters as I think they have less than 10 returning. We'll learn about them early with a week 1 tilt vs Palatine and week 2 vs Muskegon, MI

Bones, help me out here.  I currently have Illinos at:

1. Wilmette Loyola Academy

2. Crystal Lake Prairie Ridge

3. LaGrange Lyons

4. Aurora Waubonsie Valley

5. Chicago Marist

6. Park Ridge Maine South

7. Elmhurst IC Catholic Prep

8. Carol Stream Glenbard North

9. Springfield Sacred Heart-Griffitn

10. Palatine

What changes would you recommend?