Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

34 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Since 2015 I saw, per what looked like a legit source.  

I found something that said 2017.  Even using the later date, it is a 7 year old plane.  That engine cowling has been serviced multiple times by Southwest.  It is a Southwest maintenance issue, not a Boeing issue.  Same thing as the wheels that fell of the landing gear.  Those were maintenance issues, not manufacturing ones.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

I found something that said 2017.  Even using the later date, it is a 7 year old plane.  That engine cowling has been serviced multiple times by Southwest.  It is a Southwest maintenance issue, not a Boeing issue.  Same thing as the wheels that fell of the landing gear.  Those were maintenance issues, not manufacturing ones.

https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/Search/NNumberResult?nNumberTxt=8668A

fyi on mfr date 

I disagree.  IMO it’s a Boeing issue.  

When there’s a recall or issue with a car, you take it to the mfr.  Many companies build parts for the mfr.  

Boeing is Bob the builder brand imo. A good friend of mine owns a machine shop and subcontracts for Honeywell, making parts for the Boeing Apache (military).  

His QC with Honeywell approval then moves to Boeing for signing off as far as I know and how many steps after my friend signs off, who knows.

It’s a Boeing product final assembly, part made and stamped by my friend’s machine shop with a Honeywell serial number, I believe.  

OK mfr rant over.  My friend was pissed off also.  Was just texting about his young HW rep.  

Service-wise, FAA will review that angle.  
These are licensed and specialized workers, so heads will roll from Boeing golden parachute positions to mechanics handling the servicing.  It’s a bad look.  

Door hatches not being properly installed/maintained should be an important detail.  A recent check found loose parts, I recall hearing. 

I’m not upset flying Airbus across the pond in a few months.  

IMG_9313.jpeg

AP and UPI article portions 
(UPI from today).

@Fred pls note the last paragraph in the AP share. 

BA stock will hitting pre hours trading soon and it likely won’t be pretty by 9:30 est at open tomorrow am.  

BA vs DJT, I’ll check in the am.  
I don’t see how BA could be up, but DJT is anyone’s guess.  

IMG_9314.jpeg

IMG_9315.jpeg

On 4/5/2024 at 1:53 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Seems there’s an athlete I (we) grew up watching that’s passing weekly or quicker, so even attempted humor works for me.  

Just read Pat Zachry passed away.  
He was in a famous trade that broke my heart as a kid.  

The Franchise (Tom Seaver) was traded to the Reds.  Mets got Zachry in the deal with a few other players.  

Jerry Grote passed away yesterday.  
Mets catcher for the ‘69 WS champs and ‘73 WS loss to the potent A’s. 

Defensive standout.  
He caught for Tom Seaver and Nolan Ryan in the ‘69 season and WS. 

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

BA stock will hitting pre hours trading soon and it likely won’t be pretty by 9:30 est at open tomorrow am.  

BA vs DJT, I’ll check in the am.  
I don’t see how BA could be up, but DJT is anyone’s guess.  

Not too bad, but clearly lagging as expected.  

UAL is down 1.6 pct and LUV down .4 pct range pretrading.  AAL is slightly up.  

IMG_9317.jpeg

IMG_9318.jpeg

15 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Jerry Grote passed away yesterday.  
Mets catcher for the ‘69 WS champs and ‘73 WS loss to the potent A’s. 

Defensive standout.  
He caught for Tom Seaver and Nolan Ryan in the ‘69 season and WS. 

Is Nolan Ryan the best pitcher ever? I don’t follow baseball. My parents are from NY and NJ so they for sure are but they never passed it on to me. So I can’t watch baseball. It’s too boring on TV. But do you think he’s the best ever? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Is Nolan Ryan the best pitcher ever? I don’t follow baseball. My parents are from NY and NJ so they for sure are but they never passed it on to me. So I can’t watch baseball. It’s too boring on TV. But do you think he’s the best ever? 

I dig the question.  

His no-hitter and one-hitter totals are mind boggling.   

But overall, no.  

Tom Seaver was the best pitcher imo during Ryan’s heyday.  

The Ryan Express was a lot of fun to watch.  He was a tough guy too.  Beat the crap out of Robin Ventura in one fight.  

He battled my Mets in ‘86 in an Astros uniform.  

Don't know his radar speed offhand, but it was nasty and he had a wicked breaking ball to accompany it.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I dig the question.  

His no-hitter and one-hitter totals are mind boggling.   

But overall, no.  

Tom Seaver was the best pitcher imo during Ryan’s heyday.  

The Ryan Express was a lot of fun to watch.  He was a tough guy too.  Beat the crap out of Robin Ventura in one fight.  

He battled my Mets in ‘86 in an Astros uniform.  

Don't know his radar speed offhand, but it was nasty and he had a wicked breaking ball to accompany it.  

He had Ventura in a cattle ranchers headlock, landing haymakers like he was trying to brand him! Don’t mess with real cowboys….ya can mess with Dallas all you want though 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

He had Ventura in a cattle ranchers headlock, landing haymakers like he was trying to brand him! Don’t mess with real cowboys….ya can mess with Dallas all you want though 🤣

Bo Jackson ripped a liner at Ryan, bloodying his lip (and uniform as a result).   Stayed in and pitched.  
I think he won the game.