Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Are you buying the AI Revolution?  YES

If NVDA split, you buying?

Probably not, prefer it buffered in a mutual fund as it’s exploded in value.  

I need to research their fundamentals and gain an understanding. I’ll admit, I know little about them or about how AI truly works. But that’s going to change as I modify my study routine and integrate AI, machine learning, and groundwork subjects to eventually dive into quantum computing. 

I’m also pretty sure it will be discussed in your masters program.  How intense though, not sure.  

I want to dollar cost Apple (I can’t not believe in them) and continue my DCA of VOO. I just don’t want to let go of my cash reserves unless 1) Crisis or 2) massive market crash or value stocks

Yes, cash emergency savings is crucial.   

I’ve held Apple shares for many years, but last year sold about half.
It’s a long term hold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Did our NJ/NY brethren feel an earthquake a short while ago?

4.8 reading by Lebanon, NJ.  
Was felt by friends that I’m texting with now.  

Saw that. Haven't seen any reports of injuries or damages out there. 4.8 not to bad, but definitely gonna feel it, so hopefully not any issues for you guys.

Had a little one in Sonoma County the other night (3.2 magnitude). I was at a friends house about a mile and a half from the epicenter. I barely felt it, he didn’t even notice 😂.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Saw that. Haven't seen any reports of injuries or damages out there. 4.8 not to bad, but definitely gonna feel it, so hopefully not any issues for you guys.

Had a little one in Sonoma County the other night (3.2 magnitude). I was at a friends house about a mile and a half from the epicenter. I barely felt it, he didn’t even notice 😂.

OK, ask that guy who the US beat in Lake Placid for Gold.  😂 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Most I bet would say Russia, when it was Finland

I thought so too, but @Cossacks small sampling has proven me wrong.   
West coast knows hockey 🏒 

Oh, a friend attended a Rangers game at MSG recently and I asked him if the Potvin chant is still in good form.  It is.  :) 

Dang, he was good.  Hated that guy, like Bird.  Mad respect and hatred.  Thank goodness he’s not doing the color for the Panthers anymore.  I was hating that too.  😂  

13 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I thought so too, but @Cossacks small sampling has proven me wrong.   
West coast knows hockey 🏒 

Oh, a friend attended a Rangers game at MSG recently and I asked him if the Potvin chant is still in good form.  It is.  :) 

Dang, he was good.  Hated that guy, like Bird.  Mad respect and hatred.  Thank goodness he’s not doing the color for the Panthers anymore.  I was hating that too.  😂  

“Beat your wife, Potvin sucks!”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Haha thats funny!

Seems there’s an athlete I (we) grew up watching that’s passing weekly or quicker, so even attempted humor works for me.  

Just read Pat Zachry passed away.  
He was in a famous trade that broke my heart as a kid.  

The Franchise (Tom Seaver) was traded to the Reds.  Mets got Zachry in the deal with a few other players.  

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:22 AM, FreeBird said:

@Cossacks @SeaShells21 @THEOC89 @HurricaneNick

lmao 🤣 

repost from @I AM IRONMAN

I just had my phone connected to my moms car and this dude just starts off with, “fu**ing criminals, drug addicts, and pedos” just blasting away on the car speakers.

🤦🏻‍♀️ Da** it !!!

Fail on Seashells.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@FreeBird @I AM IRONMAN @DBP66 Heard yall got a moderate quake up there.... 

Sounds like the old Ramapo fault zone is waking up... 

yes it is!....I actually drove by it everyday on my way to H.S.. The people around here can't get over what happened...it's a first for most of the population here. It scared the crap out of me. I'm close to West Point and we get helicopters around here once and while so I thought it was a military helicopter??..then I thought my furnace was shaking and the house was going to blow up?....my wife was in the shower and didn't notice it?? It scared the shit of me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Driving with Airpods on? 

Well aren't you the shining beacon of responsibility? 

10 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Thats not illegal in Jersey? Wait never mind, fraudulent plates, reg stickers etc. 😂

Many people are surprised to learn that wearing headphones behind the wheel is not actually illegal in New Jersey. While some states have outlawed driving with headphones, in New Jersey, wearing headphones is considered on par with using a hands-free Bluetooth device.

1 minute ago, FreeBird said:

Many people are surprised to learn that wearing headphones behind the wheel is not actually illegal in New Jersey. While some states have outlawed driving with headphones, in New Jersey, wearing headphones is considered on par with using a hands-free Bluetooth device.

Shameful... 

No wonder yall have so many accidents

• Haha 3