DBP vs. Edgewater

I AM IRONMAN

4 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

If You weren’t such a tough guy keyboard warrior and actually said what you said to peoples faces you would definitely need extra insurance

Fake tough guy schlubs like yourself are so pathetic that they have to lie about their fintech douche nephew holding his own against a future Pro Bowler.

The level of pity that we should all have for your sorry existence is sky high.

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Fake tough guy schlubs like yourself are so pathetic that they have to lie about their fintech douche nephew holding his own against a future Pro Bowler.

The level of pity that we should all have for your sorry existence is sky high.

Ohhh struck a nerve did I?

Hurry up boy…

spin cycle almost complete…time to (sniff) then move them jocks to the dryer…oh wait you sniff before you wash them…towel boy😂😂

On 9/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, Atticus Finch said:

@GrecoRoman yesterday I was compelled to pull up an old folder I had of funny quotes from message board goofballs. Here are some selections of noonereal's greatest hits related to the topic we discussed.

"And while I am at it, if STA had to play BC, SJR and Bosco every year there is no way in hell they would have ever had the 5 national ranking they do have. Would you dare dispute this?"

"STA would not even be competitive in FL never mind nationally if they had to 'make' football players out of general enrollment as does Bosco."

"STA = St. Peters Prep"

"SPP, BC, SJR and Bosco can play with any team in the country year in and year out."

"Keep an eye on SJR, SPP and BC. You will learn. Their programs are as good as anyone in the country."

"Last year a terrible NJ team beat the FL state champion. It makes me wonder if NJ's best teams aren't THE best in the country."

"It was always the same in NJ. SJR and BC have had national top 25 teams all long as well."

"Either of these teams would destroy gorman as would spp."

"You do realize NJ has 3 teams better than Gorman don't you?"

"Well, the truth is, NJ's best is the nation’s best."

"NJ's Big North is like the NFL, each team is a stud."

LMAO this is good.  You would think they are joking with some of these quotes (and maybe he was) but if not then wow.  

On 9/6/2022 at 6:23 PM, Atticus Finch said:

Maybe you're IronManiac.

Here he is telling us that a 5'10" kid who couldn't hack it at New Hampshire, and had to transfer to Bentley College, was a better player than James Wilder.

"Wilder is big and strong but he doesn't have half the playing ability of the kid Halligan you are all making fun of. That kid was a gamer and a fantastic scrambler and defensive back. Although he did not have size and speed to translate to the next level he was as good a high school player you would find anywhere in the country."

He was the worst one of all.  Most everyone on here seems ok but he was flat out crazy and then nasty to boot.  On the prior board I had posted that I saw Bosco play St Ed's and commented that Caroo was real impresive as a WR and also explosive on special teams as well.

As would be normal in standard football discussion, I then mentioned I had seen Amari Cooper at a camp and was shocked at his shake & get off at the line and he was at such a level that he looked noticeably better than Caroo to me.  The guy went absoutely bonkers cursing like a raving lunatic.  Obviously if we were both scouts I would have received a raise and he would have been fired.

Ironically, I was complimenting Caroo in general but that guy was actually insane as it relates to anything Bosco or HS football.  

What's crazy is that the premise that they built this narrative off of is complete bullshit.

In that time period, Bosco's only loss and their closest wins were all against OOS teams. They were straight up pummeling the Jersey Catholics.

Out-of-State: St. Xavier (Lost by 5), De La Salle (Won by 2)

In-state: St. Joseph Regional (Won by 29), Bergen Catholic (Won by 31 & 21), St. Peter's Prep (won by 25)

Out-of-State: St. Joseph's Prep (Won by 14), Cardinal O'Hara (Won by 49)

In-state: St. Peter's Prep (won by 28), St. Joseph Regional (Won by 30), Bergen Catholic (Won by 20)

Out-of-State: St. Joseph's Prep (Won by 3), Centerville (Won by 21)

In-state: St. Peter's Prep (won by 41), Bergen Catholic (Won by 24), St. Joseph Regional (Won by 40)

13 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

He was the worst one of all.  Most everyone on here seems ok but he was flat out crazy and then nasty to boot.  On the prior board I had posted that I saw Bosco play St Ed's and commented that Caroo was real impresive as a WR and also explosive on special teams as well.

As would be normal in standard football discussion, I then mentioned I had seen Amari Cooper at a camp and was shocked at his shake & get off at the line and he was at such a level that he looked noticeably better than Caroo to me.  The guy went absoutely bonkers cursing like a raving lunatic.  Obviously if we were both scouts I would have received a raise and he would have been fired.

Ironically, I was complimenting Caroo in general but that guy was actually insane as it relates to anything Bosco or HS football.  

Here's more IronManiac.

"You're deluded. SJR and PC would run BTW off the field. Not. Even. Close."

"IMHO SJR would smash these FL teams."

"We learned from the BTW v. BG game that BTW is not on the same level as SJR. That's pretty obvious."

18 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

What's crazy is that the premise that they built this narrative off of is complete bullshit.

In that time period, Bosco's only loss and their closest wins were all against OOS teams. They were straight up pummeling the Jersey Catholics.

Out-of-State: St. Xavier (Lost by 5), De La Salle (Won by 2)

In-state: St. Joseph Regional (Won by 29), Bergen Catholic (Won by 31 & 21), St. Peter's Prep (won by 25)

Out-of-State: St. Joseph's Prep (Won by 14), Cardinal O'Hara (Won by 49)

In-state: St. Peter's Prep (won by 28), St. Joseph Regional (Won by 30), Bergen Catholic (Won by 20)

Out-of-State: St. Joseph's Prep (Won by 3), Centerville (Won by 21)

In-state: St. Peter's Prep (won by 41), Bergen Catholic (Won by 24), St. Joseph Regional (Won by 40)

Yea exactly.  I always used to say that if they were in South FL playing the top teams year in and year out they would have multiple losses every year.  

16 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

He was also big on saying "a great HS player" when players would get exposed at the next level once they were on a field with more talent.  

Here's GMCGURU000's great talent evaluation at work.

"Did you really just say Luke Kuechly is doing better then Will Hill?? Even after Urban Meyer has publicly stated that Will Hill is Florida's best athlete, several times? Luke Freakin Kuechly? Not to knock Kuechly. He had a good year. But don't ever go down that street again, you toolbox."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

That was the year BTW won the national championship while beating Norcross 55-0 and the Central team that beat Bosco by 29 points.

Bosco then gave SJR their only loss.

🤡

lol.  I remember telling someone  after Central blew out Bosco that Central has just lost to a rival a few miles away (BTW).  The guy was shocked 

You guys remember all of those great New Jersey players that came down to Florida like, uh, Will Hill? And Justin Trattou? And, uhhh, Phil Trautwein?

Well, GMCGURU000 does!

"You guys don't send any impact players up this way. In the meantime, we’re sending Justin Trattou's, Myron Rolle's, Michael Ray Garvin's, Will Hill's and Phil Trautweins down to you. These guys go on to be captains and leaders of your teams."

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You guys remember all of those great New Jersey players that came down to Florida like, uh, Will Hill? And Justin Trattou? And, uhhh, Phil Trautwein?

Well, GMCGURU000 does!

"You guys don't send any impact players up this way. In the meantime, we’re sending Justin Trattou's, Myron Rolle's, Michael Ray Garvin's, Will Hill's and Phil Trautweins down to you. These guys go on to be captains and leaders of your teams."

😄That's another thing they were great at - always trying to make the contention that Jersey is some kind of talent pipeline for college programs outside the state and "If Rutgers could keep these guys we would be a top program"

Meanwhile, no other state has been anywhere near as poached as FL.  You could make multiple pro bowl teams with guys they have lost to colleges in other states.   As an OSU fan, some immediate guys I think of are Chris Gamble, Michael Jenkins, Ryan Shazier, Damon Arnette, the Bosa's, Carlos Hyde, Santonio Holmes or aka a big chunk of our best all time players. 

41 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Well, GMCGURU000 does!

He apparently thought Florida's best should have gone to Rutgers instead 🤣

33 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

😄That's another thing they were great at - always trying to make the contention that Jersey is some kind of talent pipeline for college programs outside the state and "If Rutgers could keep these guys we would be a top program"

Meanwhile, no other state has been anywhere near as poached as FL.  You could make multiple pro bowl teams with guys they have lost to colleges in other states.   As an OSU fan, some immediate guys I think of are Chris Gamble, Michael Jenkins, Ryan Shazier, Damon Arnette, the Bosa's, Carlos Hyde, Santonio Holmes or aka a big chunk of our best all time players. 

Carlos Hyde is from Cincinnati.

23 minutes ago, badrouter said:

He apparently thought Florida's best should have gone to Rutgers instead 🤣

Greg Schiano put up billboards in Dade and Broward County during his first tenure there. The foundation for their most successful run in school history was built on getting guys like Ryan Hart, Tres Moses, Derrick Roberson, Quintero Frierson, William Beckford, Tim Brown, Damaso Munoz, Jonathan Freeny, etc. from Florida.

Yet the New Jersey contingent totally denied this and pretended that New Jersey players were contributing greatly to Florida's championship teams.