DBP vs. Edgewater

I AM IRONMAN

1 minute ago, Testadura said:

NOR is tip top.  My friend is off limits, too.  So it’s just you and your pud at this point.  As it’s always been.  You can’t fight the inevitable.  

What is there to fight?

Practically everybody is chiming in about how silly the Bosco fanboys were back then. They all seem to remember the same thing that I do.

30 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Phantom scores too now?  Sort of proves Canes point.  

Bruce should have had 2 TD’s in the game, dropping a wide open pass that would have resulted in a TD… has anyone ever asterisked *14?  I sure hope not as it would look ridiculous.  

Took a knee just outside the 5 (I was there). sta was gassed and getting pushed around in the 4th Q.  The * only goes to that insufferable douche because it’s fun and he deserves it. You might be the only one here..or in his miserable life that defends/likes him.

44-17 is bad enough for a team too good to play in Ramsey.  Btw their stadium ain’t much to look at…look like your typical municipality stadium.

7 hours ago, DBP66 said:

M.V. game?...we kicked their ass bad....not sure what you're talking about Dave....and this STA clown is too much....he has a lot of time on his hands and a lot of hate for Bosco....wonder why??...LOL...those two ass beating he took from Bosco seems to have had a big effect on him....he thinks his team is better than a team that beat him twice and outscored him 44-17...you Fla. guys are the best!!....🤡

I'm talking about the game played at MV in 2013, gramps. You're obviously confused again.

51 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Pretty sure he and Iron Maniac or whatever his name was did some kind of murder/suicide thing immediately after the game. 🤣

He's probably homeless after missing on this bet.

"Khaseem Greene is the best defensive player I've seen since Bruschi in Desert Storm! I would be willing to be my net worth Greene is a future pro bowler." - Big Cox

3 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Took a knee just outside the 5 (I was there). sta was gassed and getting pushed around in the 4th Q.  The * only goes to that insufferable douche because it’s fun and he deserves it. You might be the only one here..or in his miserable life that defends/likes him.

44-17 is bad enough for a team too good to play in Ramsey.  Btw their stadium ain’t much to look at…look like your typical municipality stadium.

Both games were duds in terms of entertainment factor.  

But even at 10-7 half game 2, STA had a futile offense and didn’t look promising for the 2nd half.  DBP just played conservative on offense and moved the chains and clock.   They were on all cylinders as you recall the game prior they smoked SJP in the rain something like 35-7 and there was still time left in the first half.   The transfer QB had a nice game.  Later in the season I think he had his issues… but vs STA and assuming SJP, he was on.  

Special teams was all Bosco.  Toal made STA pay dearly for not focusing on an important phase of the game.  Kudos to finding a weakness and practicing it right before the ‘12 game.   I was at that game feeling sick to my stomach (a little from the game lol but more from a sprained ankle I had along with a few scotches on an empty stomach.   :)  

‘14 I watched painfully on TV.  I’ve visited the campus once showing it to a cousin of my wife years back.  

STA was good enough for Chris Evert and Jason Dufner… tennis and golf.  :)  It’s not Bergen County Ramsey for sure, but there’s a refreshment stand for the visitors fans, ample seating and the turf is solid.  

I get the why didn’t STA play in Ramsey point.  STA was doing road trips away from a home stadium initially… in recent years that has changed.  

• Like 1

As far as defending Los, @steeler01has Canes back often.  The two bs extinguishers imho.   

I don’t agree with Canes style of posting at times, but he’s not here for sharing Christmas Cards and asking about the kids… he has his style and the points behind his style is what should be focused on and is by those who take HSFB seriously, similar to @steeler01  pov. 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Both games were duds in terms of entertainment factor.  

But even at 10-7 half game 2, STA had a futile offense and didn’t look promising for the 2nd half.  DBP just played conservative on offense and moved the chains and clock.   They were on all cylinders as you recall the game prior they smoked SJP in the rain something like 35-7 and there was still time left in the first half.   The transfer QB had a nice game.  Later in the season I think he had his issues… but vs STA and assuming SJP, he was on.  

Special teams was all Bosco.  Toal made STA pay dearly for not focusing on an important phase of the game.  Kudos to finding a weakness and practicing it right before the ‘12 game.   I was at that game feeling sick to my stomach (a little from the game lol but more from a sprained ankle I had along with a few scotches on an empty stomach.   :)  

‘14 I watched painfully on TV.  I’ve visited the campus once showing it to a cousin of my wife years back.  

STA was good enough for Chris Evert and Jason Dufner… tennis and golf.  :)  It’s not Bergen County Ramsey for sure, but there’s a refreshment stand for the visitors fans, ample seating and the turf is solid.  

I get the why didn’t STA play in Ramsey point.  STA was doing road trips away from a home stadium initially… in recent years that has changed.  

I was in Philly for the SJP game…35-7 game shortened by lightning..might have only been first half…dominant. Although Wes McCoy wasn’t that great of a QB he was what DBP needed vs sta

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2011 Miramar beat STA in OT by 7. Could tell Cogdell was building a nice core in 2010 and the following year, a block on an end of regulation FG attempt (athletic block by a player who’s name I forget at the moment), possibly played in NFL.  Smith didn’t have Bosa or Virgile on D and I think another D starter was out but no excuses.  They were out for a reason and Cogdell had Miramar ready.  

2012 2 weeks after DBP loss, STA  lost to Miramar on a bad call in OT, but the game was very close.  Runner was short by half a yard, but given TD on 4th down I believe it was.  

2013 Miramar won by 2 pts.  

2014 A week after the DBP loss, STA’s special teams and D stole a game from Miramar and ended the 3 game losing streak by a 20-12   Victory.  Cogdell had the 3 game winning streak and left to coach at alma mater West VA… had he stayed, I doubt STA wins that game in ‘14, but we’ll never know of course.  Rizzo was out and a backup QB may have had one completion in the game and only threw 3 or 4 passes all game as I recall.  

Just a fyi that Miramar had a nice streak going and likely would have had 4 in a row during the time period DBP went 2-0 vs STA had Damon Cogdell remained the HC in 2014.  

Edit:  Tracy Howard I believe was the guy who blocked the FG attempt in the 2011 game.  No NFL game experience that I see online.  Played at the U.  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Edit:  Tracy Howard I believe was the guy who blocked the FG attempt in the 2011 game.  No NFL game experience that I see online.  Played at the U.  

Tracy Howard played 1 season (15 games) in the NFL, and saw 280 snaps on defense, 187 on special teams.

If I recall correctly he wasn’t fast enough laterally or in a straight line to stay in the NFL.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I was in Philly for the SJP game…35-7 game shortened by lightning..might have only been first half…dominant. Although Wes McCoy wasn’t that great of a QB he was what DBP needed vs sta

Lot of fun that night pregame.  Wed had a motor to keep away from Boss and Gary among others.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Got it thx - I just saw that.  I remembered during games they would say he was from Naples - looks like did freshman year of HS in Ohio then moved down there and did the remaining years at Naples High.  

Guy was a great RB

Played a couple of his years at Naples HS.

That usually goes down as a pro for FL, much the same way a bunch of those Katrina kids are recorded as Texas HS players even though a bunch spent their formative years in LA.

Clinton Portis is from Mississippi but played a few years at Gainesville HS, and pretty much always gets recorded as a FL HS football player.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Here are some weightlifting gems.

"Do the Lakeland kids lift any weights? I see that beautiful weight room in the pics but it seems as if it's just for looks. They have 205 lb lineman and every skill position player seems to be between 150-175 on O and on D. They rely too much on speed and the big play and have no assemblence (sic) of a game plan." - GMCGURU000

"Lakeland was abismal (sic), light in the pants and completely unorganized and undisciplined." - GMCGURU000

"The difference between football players up here and the ones down there is toughness. Something those skirts from Florida know nothing about. Bosco would of freaking thrown those teams around like rag dolls last year." - GMCGURU000

"They beat a hole in your heads for four quarters, and you don't think Bosco would’ve routed em!?!? Bosco was good and Lakeland was a bunch of pu$$ies. That's why DLS almost beat them. Because they hit them like nobody from Florida has in years. Those chumps can't deal with the physicality of the game from REAL teams." - GMCGURU000

"Your backs are small, your receivers are frail, your line is fat and your QB is a lanky goofball who hasn't been against a dominant Dline all year. You guys haven't faced a team with nearly as much power as Bosco, or a team with even remotely as much coaching as Bosco has.' - GMCGURU000

"Is the economy in Florida that bad that they can't afford to feed these kids at lunchtime? Or did they have to sell weight room equipment to get money for travels? Good grief those are some awfully skinny 'national champions.' " - GMCGURU000

"They play in one of the two top ranked leagues in the country and have obviously done very well. They have a coach who will likely be studied one day because of what he does with average high school kids. They have as many D1 players annually as any school in the country except STA (but Bosco grows kids into this, they don't transfer in). Watch them play regularly and you will see arguably the most disciplined high school team in the country. Pound for pound they are likely the strongest kids you will ever face." - noonereal

"What do you think a team like STAQ does when their D line is getting blown off the ball and Canaveri is just pounding them? They implode, that’s what they do. Bosco would beat STAQ pretty handily this year. Every time some supposed all world team goes up against Bosco its always the same. The X factor kicks in and Bosco just works them. Bosco is simply a much tougher and stronger team." - 48MinuteWarrior

"Bosco is about much more than just the personnel. You could take 40 average frosh football players and Coach Toal would make them into a machine by the time they reach varsity." - 48MinuteWarrior

It's laughable that someone claims to know about strength training and yet thinks how much a person weighs are what determines how strong someone is. Lakeland has always been a team able to get away with playing lighter players on defense because of their great weight program, which makes those lighter players stronger than their weights indicate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Tracy Howard played 1 season (15 games) in the NFL, and saw 280 snaps on defense, 187 on special teams.

If I recall correctly he wasn’t fast enough laterally or in a straight line to stay in the NFL.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HowaTr02.htm

My bad… should have went direct to the source and not a quick free agency unsigned link with no stats strangely.  

Canes would likely remember… I think he blocked the Princeton commit PK game winner attempt from the outside.  
htm

15 hours ago, DownSouth said:

DSouth long time no see!   Tracy Howard was a beast coming out of HS.   Think he was one of the top corners according to the ole recruiting services.   

20 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

As far as defending Los, @steeler01has Canes back often.  The two bs extinguishers imho.   

I don’t agree with Canes style of posting at times, but he’s not here for sharing Christmas Cards and asking about the kids… he has his style and the points behind his style is what should be focused on and is by those who take HSFB seriously, similar to @steeler01  pov. 

Steeler is like a nicer (but no BS) West Coast version of Canes.    One of the goat Cali posters IMO.  

• Like 1